Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems! >

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sorry to hear these problems. I am communicating to the engineers to find out the A30 firmware problem. It might be a glitch in the software. I will keep you posted here and on the website but for now please use the VTX1 A25 software for those of you who have problems. I will get it solved. Sorry
Old 02-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks for the info! Did this solve the brake problem or were you even having that issue? I use a KO 2.4Ghz system so I'm not sure if what you did with your radio will work but I'll certainly give it a shot.

Other than the hesitation issue and the lack of brakes I was very impressed with the VTX1...I had TONS of speed down the straight and decent punch out of the corners although I think I need to fine tune it so as to get a bit more punch.

Cheers,
Mike

Originally Posted by blackbird
Mike, I had the same problem when setting up my VTX1 with A30 software, esc would shut down and rearm. Traced the problem to the neutral setting of my transmitter here is what I had to do to overcome this problem (my radio is futaba 3vcs with spektrum 2.4ghz module) on transmitter set brake/throttle mode to 50/50( instead of70/30) and put throttle and brake transmitter end points to 120% (instead of 100%) then calibrate with esc and shutdown problem is cured.

Hope its of some help to you as have now run esc and am impressed with it.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Hyper_Mike
Thanks for the info! Did this solve the brake problem or were you even having that issue? I use a KO 2.4Ghz system so I'm not sure if what you did with your radio will work but I'll certainly give it a shot.

Other than the hesitation issue and the lack of brakes I was very impressed with the VTX1...I had TONS of speed down the straight and decent punch out of the corners although I think I need to fine tune it so as to get a bit more punch.

Cheers,
Mike
Hi Mike, I did have a lack of brakes but this was solved by upping the brake pwm freq. All this is with running single cell in 1/12.

I have encountered a problem with smart brake ( I cannot turn it off, trigger set to disable and strength set to disable) rev car up and let go of throttle and motor freewheels ok open throttle up a seconed time and let go and smart brake is operating. This is on 2s 17.5 boosted. Tried non boosted profile and motor freewheels ok after releasing throttle.Have you encountered this?
Old 02-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blackbird
Hi Mike, I did have a lack of brakes but this was solved by upping the brake pwm freq. All this is with running single cell in 1/12.

I have encountered a problem with smart brake ( I cannot turn it off, trigger set to disable and strength set to disable) rev car up and let go of throttle and motor freewheels ok open throttle up a seconed time and let go and smart brake is operating. This is on 2s 17.5 boosted. Tried non boosted profile and motor freewheels ok after releasing throttle.Have you encountered this?
What is your drag brake setting? If you have dynamic brake settings set at zero it should turn it off
Old 02-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

I have had this happen to me two different times with the brake problem one was a radio issue my throttle pot was very bad everytime it returned to neutral it was a different spot the second time was not really a problem but I had to fix it the second time you reved it was the tires still moving from the first time if so you might of went higher into the boost/ turbo timing and when you let back out of it it just dumped all the timing you put in back out tekin had this issue also that's why they use the push control
Old 02-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ekim628
What is your drag brake setting? If you have dynamic brake settings set at zero it should turn it off
Hi Eric,my drag brake is set to zero,dynamic brake set to disable and the problem continues. The only way I can stop it is by putting the dynamic brake setting up to 60000 and 1% brake strength ( if I leave brake strength at zero and dynamic disabled the problem comes back). This is happening on both my esc VTX10R and VTX1 both are A30 firmware.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by smyka
I have had this happen to me two different times with the brake problem one was a radio issue my throttle pot was very bad everytime it returned to neutral it was a different spot the second time was not really a problem but I had to fix it the second time you reved it was the tires still moving from the first time if so you might of went higher into the boost/ turbo timing and when you let back out of it it just dumped all the timing you put in back out tekin had this issue also that's why they use the push control
Hi, the problem even happens from part throttle and as I have said this is happening with dynamic braking set to disable and drag brake set to zero.When I change to a throttle profile which has the smart brake disabled it all works ok (no smart brake) but on a profile which has smart brake cannot disable it, can only stop it happening by putting max value dynamic setting with a minimum drag brake.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

i will go down to the track tonight and see if i can get one of my cars to do what you are explaining i have been running a30 for awhile with no issues but i also never use the preset throttle profiles i always make my own .

i will post what i find
mark smyka
Old 02-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ekim628
Sorry to hear these problems. I am communicating to the engineers to find out the A30 firmware problem. It might be a glitch in the software. I will keep you posted here and on the website but for now please use the VTX1 A25 software for those of you who have problems. I will get it solved. Sorry
Where do I download A25?
Old 02-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Has there been any success with on road with the Viper RC motors and ESC?????
Old 02-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StevenS
Unfortuatly, I have not had any luck with my VTX1, I believe it was DOA. I am not sure if its a software/ firmware issue but when I calibrate the ESC to my transmitter (KO EX-10 Eurus) the ESC will reboot after each pull of the throttle.

I will say this, the equipment looks very well constructed and the ProGauge is easy to navigate. Also the VTX Firmware Update App is easy to install and navigate. Customer service has been good too, Thanks Eric.

I will be returning the unit to Viper hopefully they can fix it because I really want to use this ESC.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:24 PM
Tech Adept

Ciao Dag,

very strange situation yours, i'm usign the vtx10r A30 firmware and ko eurus with no issue.

Stevens, i'm a medium skill driver and since i'm using ther vtx10r during the race i'm always performing the best lap of my manche (usually B) and within the overall top 10. Now i'm trying to be more consistent in order to achive a better final result, but anyhow i have done a great improvement tnks to the drivability of such esc.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StevenS
I run onroad with the vtx1 in 1/12 pan car (blinky 13.5) and the vtx10r in VTA with a viper 21.5. With the gearing allowed in VTA, I can't get that viper motor to heat up, even with the endbell cranked. That being said, other 21.5's are faster on the stretch (I think because of the lower kv rating as compared to other 21.5s). The viper equipment is extremely well constructed, very tunable via the progauge as well as responsive to the changes that you make, and has profiles already programmed in that are suitable to onroad. Great escs and motor. No regrets here.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is A30 actually ROAR legal? Roar still hasn't updated its list online.

-Mike
Old 02-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mtaddei
Ciao Dag,

very strange situation yours, i'm usign the vtx10r A30 firmware and ko eurus with no issue.

Stevens, i'm a medium skill driver and since i'm using ther vtx10r during the race i'm always performing the best lap of my manche (usually B) and within the overall top 10. Now i'm trying to be more consistent in order to achive a better final result, but anyhow i have done a great improvement tnks to the drivability of such esc.
good to hear that the viper is ok and that you are improving.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.