Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems! >

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 05:42 AM
Tech Regular

hi, but, new motor? news?
Old 12-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

Default VTX1

anybody have any idea why my VTX1 won't blink in blinky mode (profile 5) anymore? it did, now it don't. sometimes it blinks a few times and then it stops, there is a dim red light and it seems to be in blinky.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mcap
Is there a way to fix a basically new Copperhead ESC?? Can't find receipt and they won't fix it unless I Pay $45+. I'd do it but lost confidence in their products since this ESC has just a handful of packs on it driven on pavement
Ask the retailer you purchased it from that you need a receipt for warranty purposes. Most reputable places will help you out, because they are going to want your return business.

As for the system - could be multiple reasons why it happen. If it was truly a manufacture defect, it should happen early in your usage. If you had been using it for months and something breaks - less chance of it being because of a defect, more because something happening. That being said, if the system are not treated properly they can be damaged. I think the fastest I ever did it in testing was about 45 seconds. And I knew I was doing everything wrong.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JayBee
Where do I send my new Viper VTX1 for repair or to pay to replace it? I mounted it but didn't like the placement and while cutting off some shrink wrap from the on/off switch wires, I cut thru 3 of the wires
Ouch!! The switch wires are not simply replaced. PM me for more info.......
Old 12-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Luppi Stefano
hi, but, new motor? news?
New motors are on the roadmap to do, but we want to wait for all the motors and rules are confirmed as "legal" in the first part of 2014 by ROAR.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by durtbag
anybody have any idea why my VTX1 won't blink in blinky mode (profile 5) anymore? it did, now it don't. sometimes it blinks a few times and then it stops, there is a dim red light and it seems to be in blinky.
Should blink if its in Blinky mode - might want to verify with ProGauge/EZLink to make sure its in the correct mode. I have seen dirt get in the lens of the lights - blow it off with an air compressor to check. One customer sent his unit back saying lights didn't work. It was all caked up with dirt, once cleaned could see with no problem.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I purchased a VTX-1 Black from A Main a few months ago. It felt great over the first couple of packs - very much what I look for in an esc's performance, but it didn't last long. Performance became extremely inconsistent. Acceleration and top speed were diminished - mostly. Every once in a while, I'd be back to 80 to 90 percent. Most of the time, my 9.5 now runs on par with my 17.5's. I swapped in my trusty old GTB, everything was back to normal. Same with my Reventon Pro. I've tried difference sensor wires, motors, motor wires, batteries, etc... It all comes back to the esc. Other than calibration, I've made no changes to the out of the box setup. Any ideas? I do have the programming box, but have never used it.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nikos2002
Should blink if its in Blinky mode - might want to verify with ProGauge/EZLink to make sure its in the correct mode. I have seen dirt get in the lens of the lights - blow it off with an air compressor to check. One customer sent his unit back saying lights didn't work. It was all caked up with dirt, once cleaned could see with no problem.
Thanks, figured it out had to recalibrate for some reason, and it started blinking again.:roll eyes:
Guess that didn't fix it after all, it did blink for a while..... but stopped again. funny thing is, it won't calibrate the brakes correctly either, doesn't (beep) when brakes are applied in calibration mode, but does have brakes. I think its fooked!

Still having a problem with random shut downs in 1/12th though.

Last edited by durtbag; 12-10-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by durtbag
Thanks, figured it out had to recalibrate for some reason, and it started blinking again.:roll eyes:
Guess that didn't fix it after all, it did blink for a while..... but stopped again. funny thing is, it won't calibrate the brakes correctly either, doesn't (beep) when brakes are applied in calibration mode, but does have brakes. I think its fooked!

Still having a problem with random shut downs in 1/12th though.
I used to have an issue where my ESC wouldn't shut off properly. It turned out it was because I had set the neutral width to zero, so it was always detecting a little bit of throttle or brake, and for some reason the ESC wanted neutral in order to turn off. After I increased neutral width to narrow, I never had an issue.

Could be something similar with the blinking.

No idea with the shutdowns.

-Mike
Old 12-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

If the system shuts down and the lights are blinking on the VPort it means either the Motor Temp or ESC Temp protection has kicked in - you can see that from the pattern the lights blink.

If the system shuts off, you still have steering, and 10-15 seconds later is running again. It hit the voltage cutoff, so the esc rebooted the system to protect the battery (according to the settings).

If the system shuts off and does not come back on - without having to move connection, play with wires or exchange something. Its generally a connection problem somewhere.

This are the general reasons the system will shutdown.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Sorcerer001
I purchased a VTX-1 Black from A Main a few months ago. It felt great over the first couple of packs - very much what I look for in an esc's performance, but it didn't last long. Performance became extremely inconsistent. Acceleration and top speed were diminished - mostly. Every once in a while, I'd be back to 80 to 90 percent. Most of the time, my 9.5 now runs on par with my 17.5's. I swapped in my trusty old GTB, everything was back to normal. Same with my Reventon Pro. I've tried difference sensor wires, motors, motor wires, batteries, etc... It all comes back to the esc. Other than calibration, I've made no changes to the out of the box setup. Any ideas? I do have the programming box, but have never used it.
Check when you turn the system on that its in the Profile that you think it is. I have seen drivers who accidently changed the profile to a milder profile by accident. You can also check that with the ProGauge. Besides things like connections, I have seen capacitor that were damage that caused poor or lowered performance. If the unit is under warranty we are always willing to look it over, if you send it in.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

on the vtx1 what will be the most aggressive settings for throttle? I have my punch at 100% can you explain what the frequency changes will do for power delivery?
Old 01-27-2014, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
on the vtx1 what will be the most aggressive settings for throttle? I have my punch at 100% can you explain what the frequency changes will do for power delivery?
Lower = more punch, higher = more top end and more heat, these are only miniscule changes. You can try a higher throttle exp +ve if you want bigger changes. Is this for a blinky class?
Old 01-27-2014, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
Which class are you running it in? 1S or 2S, stock or mod?
Old 01-27-2014, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by rc pete
Which class are you running it in? 1S or 2S, stock or mod?
1s blinky 17.5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.