Originally Posted by 4wheeldrive
I downloaded the newest viper update and the instructions say to open up the .rar file but the file for version A30 is a .vuf file. Am I missing something here? What do I do with the file now?
.rar is the pc-link software, wich now is .zip. To upgrade the newest firmware do like this:
1. Open Viper PC-Link program.
2. Click “File…” button on left side of Viper PC-Link Console and select the firmware upgrade file you wish to update to.
3. Connect PC-Link Cable to USB port.
4. Click the dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the Viper PC-Link Console and select the appropriate USB/COM port.
5. Connect proper/charged battery to ESC and power on ESC (Radio can be on or off).
6. Push V-Port on/off button once to enter programming mode. F and N status LEDs will activate to indicate programming mode.
7. Connect PC-Link Cable to V-Port jack. ESC current firmware version will now be indicated at the top of the Viper PC-Link Console.
8. Click “Download” button on left side of Viper PC-Link Console.
9. Wait for status indicator window at bottom of Console to say “completed”, green download bar will be solid, and new firmware version will be indicated at the top of the Viper PC-Link Console.
10. Disconnect PC-Link Cable from V-Port, all LEDs will cycle.
11. Turn off ESC.
12. Redo ESC radio calibration process after updating firmware (see ESC instruction manual).
13. Firmware update complete!
Hope this helps.