Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems! >

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

Old 06-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Ooj
Tech Regular

Hi Weylin,

I was wondering about the difference between Viper VST motors and other brands in terms of timing on the actual motor itself. VST's have a timing of 15 to 45 degrees whereas other brands start lower and have 0 to 30 or -10 to 10. They all look to have about the same range but just from different start and end points. So does this mean that a VST motor would generally require less ESC boost/turbo timing compared to the other brands? I am trying to help someone test some VST motors on a non Viper ESC.

Thanks
Roger
Old 06-13-2011, 03:17 AM
Tech Addict

Almost every brands on the market have 30º as standard hardware timing, except for LRP that have 40º. The marks in the can usually marks plus timing or less timing from the standard, but in Viper what you see is what you get. If you place it at 30º you have 30º hardware timing, same for all other values.
Hope this helps.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

How would you compare these motors to the Thunder power. I am trying to decide on a new 21.5 for USGT. I have a D3 but there seem to be faster motors on the track.
It's a stock spec class all same tires and no timing. I am currently runing a Tekin RS.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savageboy69
Hey weylin, wanna say Thanks again for hooking us up with stuff for the sc race , u missed some good racing
I know I'm sure I did, sounds like the race was awesome! Happy to support your event

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Going to try the Viper in my TC6 with a 10.5 and some boost...

Anyone got an FDR suggestion and ESC setting suggestion??
Start with a 7.4-7.8fdr depending on tight or open track. For esc settings start with pre-set profile #7 and change the acceleration boost rpm range to 10,000-20,000rpm.

How large of a track are you running on?
Old 06-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Weylin,

just wondering if u get a chance to send out my 10R and 17.5 motor. can't wait to have them back
Old 06-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by one2three_us
Weylin,

just wondering if u get a chance to send out my 10R and 17.5 motor. can't wait to have them back
Your stuff went out yesterday Had to wait for the new batch of esc's to arrive. Lots of new esc's are arriving now and are far more stable than the initial batches! As well as we've tripled our quality control process intensity
Old 06-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini-dub

Start with a 7.4-7.8fdr depending on tight or open track. For esc settings start with pre-set profile #7 and change the acceleration boost rpm range to 10,000-20,000rpm.

How large of a track are you running on?
Weylin,

It's Fantasy World in Tacoma that Kyle's ( Logi Maker ) probably talking about. You should drop by on a Sunday and race mod with us!

Jake
Old 06-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mini-dub
Your stuff went out yesterday Had to wait for the new batch of esc's to arrive. Lots of new esc's are arriving now and are far more stable than the initial batches! As well as we've tripled our quality control process intensity
you guys r great. just wondering if the new ones have issue w/ 4s like the initial batch?
Old 06-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

you guys r great. just wondering if the new ones have issue w/ 4s like the initial batch?
thats what he talked about, making it more stable on 4s for you guys.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The 21.5 Viper motors are great. At our local track there are 3 drivers using them and they told me there competitive in that class. you just have to gear 2 teeth higher for more rpm. Put the timing all the way to max and you will be fine. They will work fine with a tekin RS. I also noticed they run cooler than the D3 trinity motors thus they dont lose power at the end of 6 minutes

Originally Posted by twelvegauge
How would you compare these motors to the Thunder power. I am trying to decide on a new 21.5 for USGT. I have a D3 but there seem to be faster motors on the track.
It's a stock spec class all same tires and no timing. I am currently runing a Tekin RS.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Ooj
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ekim628
The 21.5 Viper motors are great. At our local track there are 3 drivers using them and they told me there competitive in that class. you just have to gear 2 teeth higher for more rpm. Put the timing all the way to max and you will be fine. They will work fine with a tekin RS. I also noticed they run cooler than the D3 trinity motors thus they dont lose power at the end of 6 minutes
What rollout are you guys running?
Old 06-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Where's the constant chatter I was hoping for. LOL, any of you running a VTX10 w/ a 17.5 (no boost)? I need help in the speed department.
Hey Weylin, any help with settings for running at FW? I'm somewhere in between a 3.5- .8 Look me up bruh
Old 06-18-2011, 09:55 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Where's the constant chatter I was hoping for. LOL, any of you running a VTX10 w/ a 17.5 (no boost)? I need help in the speed department.
Hey Weylin, any help with settings for running at FW? I'm somewhere in between a 3.5- .8 Look me up bruh
I run that speedo between those ratios with in 17.5 NT and its great. Stock settings for everything. "Race stock mode."
Old 06-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

sent my vtx in a few weeks ago for the turning off and never working again issue. Got it back in a good amount of time. I get back from racing today and have my repaired esc on the doorstep!
I installed it into my 4x4 sc with a 4.5viper vstxl
I go to do the radio calibration and it beeps once then doesnt turn on at all!
Has anyone else had this happen?
Old 06-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Due to issues unforeseen and that did not arise during pre-production testing, we are going to remove the 4s spec rating on the VTX10 and VTX10R. All drivers whom purchased the esc's specifically for that use (all one of them) are being taken care of This will also prevent people from trying it on 1/8 vehicles. We want to provide our customers with the most powerful and reliable esc on the market, this is indeed a difficult task but we are getting much closer!

Originally Posted by Ooj
What rollout are you guys running?
I've been informed by our drivers that a 4.0-4.2 fdr is good for the 21.5 non-timing.

Originally Posted by JayBee
What up brother! Pre-set profile 5 will give you the best power and punch for blinky mode. If you want a bit more rpm from the motor try bumping the drive PWM frequency up to 6400-8000hz. That will take away some torque though.

Most the time with the VST 17.5 running non-timing guys are in the 3.3-3.6 range. I'm guessing the FW track is a bit larger/more open than the H30 track? Hard to believe if it's true haha! But I think you'll want to be around 3.3 or 3.4 on that track.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.