Search

Best ESC for stock onroad sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey everyone,

i'd go for LRP, alwayz been great and reliable... not to mention POWERFUL

just one quick thing though... maybe someone could help me out... i have a quantum 1 and it says in the instructions to hold brake for 5 seconds to lower the freqeuncy or something and it will give you more punch off the start.. however... mine does not seem to work... ive tried it many times... but have seen no difference at all... i was just curious as to why it seems as though nuthing is happening... should there be a BIG difference? one that is noticable?

ive been resorting to the auto start function on my mars which is great ... but maybe the two can/could combine to literlly launch my car off the line haha... or maybe not

just wanted to know if anyone can help

thanx
robbie

also, that is not to take any points away from LRP Quantums... they are an awesome speedy.. and well worth the money
Old 07-18-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

If u can find the LRP IPC V6 , they are pretty good for stock racing. but you dont see those speedos too often. all speedos are good, it depends how far you take it. especially racing.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:34 AM
tornado

My vote ...... GM v12XC anytime. Just a bit larger than QC2 but oooohh....my favourite. My second choice..KO VFS2K.

Bryan

Old 07-19-2004, 01:53 AM
Tech Addict

Can't go past the Q2.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:06 AM
tornado

Originally posted by Ybakoff
Can't go past the Q2.
Just an opinion my friend. Passing a guy with any speedo takes skills.....ie..your fingers. Anybody could pass a newbie with a esc with bells and whistles. All escs are reliable with certain characteristics....Where GT7 being ultra smooth or shall I say too smooth for my driving style, QC2 .....no comments (I have one QC1 for years w/o problems), GM V12 nothing beats it when you need the old fashion speed and power, VFS 2K....versatile, so on and so forth.

Bryan

Old 07-19-2004, 03:24 AM
Tech Regular

So, exactly how "crappy" is my Duratrax Autosport Forward ESC? Will I get smoked at my first race on Tuesday?

Donovan
Old 07-19-2004, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Matt Howard
The Quantum will handle any motor, stock or mod, and will do it just as good or better than any other speed control. Where did you get this info from?
Trying it myself Matt,

At Gilroy I was running a v7.1 in a stock TC3 with a regular monster and my dad was running his TC3 with a Paradigm monster & a quantum. I'd motor him ALL THE TIME

We tried reseting both ESC's & swapping them and STILL the car with the IPC was faster.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Get a Ko propo vfs 200 speedo very punchy and extremely smooth for stock racing and i've tried a quantum1 and it's miles better
Old 07-19-2004, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

My vote still goes with the gt7... novak still one of the best ESC.. Im using it in my FT TC3 and my back-up esc is keyence v extreme. happy racing..
Old 07-19-2004, 10:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

I prefrer Tekin G-10Pro to running stock motor better than others High-end esc. It will let You feeling the stock motor become a mod. motor.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Don't count out the KO Propo VFS 2000. Extremely adjustable, you create the mapping for power.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

KO Propo VFS 2000 all the way
Old 07-20-2004, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

I like the way you plug it in the computer and decide how the speedo will react at different positions of the throttle. Robert was great helping people out with the speedo at the nats.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Futaba MC800C, GT7, the Hara Twister