R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-15-2010, 02:10 AM   #1
Tech Initiate
Default Led lights

I have led lights installed on wrc body on my dfo 3 ra I have the tlu unit and everything I use a lipo battery with traxxas cables how can I get power to turn on the led lights any help is appreciated cheers
maherbeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:36 AM   #2
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

If you only have the TLU-01 unit, then you still need some external power input into the unit, not sure what voltage it requires. You can get 5-6V from the RX on any spare channel, or directly from the 7.4V lipo, just have to check and see what the TLU requires.
Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 Carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10 Honcho
simplechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:40 AM   #3
Tech Initiate

I just have the TLU-01 Unit Everything is connected because I bought a finished subaru body installed with the led lights; but there is no power to the unit the "BAT" channel I have nothing connected? I just wanna know what cable or connection I use, should I make a custom cable and connect it from the "bat" from the unit to the reciever, because on my reciever I still have a slot empty that is also "bat"??? any help would be great.
maherbeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #4
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you just want the LEDs to light up and don't care about other effects (flashing, brighter brakes, etc) forget the tamiya light units. They are large, heavy and overpriced.

Tamiya LEDs are usually two 3V LEDs wired in series*, so they take 6V per string of two lights. You can connect them directly to your receiver. If you want to run multiple strings of two 3v lights, just wire all the strings in parallel to each other. Each string of two LEDs will have one positive and one negative at the connector end, just connect all of the black wires of the strings to each other and all the red(or white) wires together, then wire them to a plug that will fit in one of your receiver channels.

*Any string of two 3V LEDs wired in series will work. Four 1.5VLEDs all wired in series would work as well.
Dave Locke
Team PerformanceHobbies.ca | ORCA RC | Bodies by Brandon | Team Meeting
locked is offline   Reply With Quote