Novak GTB 2 Sportsman ESC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak GTB 2 Sportsman ESC

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Company Representative

Another possibility---if you change the Ballistic motor timing and re-tighten the timing screws too hard, you can short out the sensor board. Loosen these screws a bit and see if that corrects the problem.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
Another possibility---if you change the Ballistic motor timing and re-tighten the timing screws too hard, you can short out the sensor board. Loosen these screws a bit and see if that corrects the problem.
How tight is considered tight enough?
Old 07-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

[email protected]

You have to really crank on them to do damage.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...hless-esc.html
Old 08-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Very weak brakes

I just switched my gtb2 w ballistic 10.5 from myTC into my world gt car, no rewiring, did one touch programming and the brakes are so weak the car won't even come to a stop. I did the setup properly, radio settings normal, checked over ALL settings multiple times??? The brakes were never great in my TC but now they are non existent. Any ideas?
Old 08-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Shoot me an email with your details on setup.

[email protected]
Old 08-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the email Charlie,

I will change my gearing like you suggested and see if that works. I wasn't aware of how how much gearing affecting breaking power. New to Pan Cars so my rollout wasn't ideal.

edit: GTB2 & Spektrum(Savox) S6070 work perfectly with 1 cell.

The GTB2 is listed at 6V/3A so I won't need to run Smart Boost for 1 cell, correct? I do use a Cap on my receiver for my Spektrum S6070 servo. Just wanted to make sure as I am going to run 1 cell World GT soon.

Thanks again Charlie,
Orange Power

Last edited by BrodieMan; 08-25-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:02 PM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Novak 1300+ rotor?

What happened to the 1300+ rotor? They're not on the Novak website any longer.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
Thanks for the email Charlie,

I will change my gearing like you suggested and see if that works. I wasn't aware of how how much gearing affecting breaking power. New to Pan Cars so my rollout wasn't ideal.

edit: GTB2 & Spektrum(Savox) S6070 work perfectly with 1 cell.

The GTB2 is listed at 6V/3A so I won't need to run Smart Boost for 1 cell, correct? I do use a Cap on my receiver for my Spektrum S6070 servo. Just wanted to make sure as I am going to run 1 cell World GT soon.

Thanks again Charlie,
Orange Power
To the best of my knowledge, the GTB2 does not have an onboard booster for 1s like other 1s rated speed controls. For best operation of your servos when running 1s on your GTB 2 it is best you run the external booster which is also available from Novak.
http://www.teamnovak.com/products/sm...ost/index.html
Old 08-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

I didn't have any issues running the GTB2 on 1 cell with a Spektrum S6070. Servo transit time was plenty fast enough and I took 2 seconds off my best lap time from running the same setup as 2 cell. I am trading my original GTB in for a Kinetic 1s but for now the GTB2 is doing me just fine.

Haven't been able to find the BEC Voltage & Amp rating for 1 cell but since the Smart Boost is listed as an option it is probably needed when running 1 cell. You can get away without though, if your servo was designed for 1 cell applications.

Last edited by BrodieMan; 08-27-2011 at 05:02 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Two questions, One being has anyone had any troubles with the GTB2 with a 4PKS radio or Savox servo? Two, is the GTB2 a smooth esc on both acceleration and brakes in a TC with 6.5 and 5.5T? I'm looking at changing brands to Novak or Tekin if my calibration troubles continue with my current speedies. Is the Kinect worth the extra?

Thanks
Old 08-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

GTB2 has 6V/3A BEC. I am using Spektrum S6070 & S6040 (not sure the corresponding Savox model name) with & without a capacitors with no problems. Can't hurt to use a cap though, as Savox are thirsty servos.

I'm debating getting a kinetic as well but at a new track today I wasn't that far off the A-Main pace in mod with guys using ORCA, LRP, Tekins, Speed Passion etc to justify needing a $200 ESC.

FYI: I was using a GTB, 6.5 velocity & 20C Orion LiPo all over 5 years old in my JRX-S Type R with a carpet setup. If I actually spent some time setting up my chassis for that track, only my lack of driving skill would hold me back from placing in the A-Main not a lack of expensive gear. Think I'll stick with the one hundred dollar ESC's for a while longer
Old 09-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default GTB2 Amp Rating

Anyone know the Amp rating for the GTB2? Novak doesn't list it anywhere that I can find?
Old 09-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I didn't have any issues running the GTB2 on 1 cell with a Spektrum S6070. Servo transit time was plenty fast enough and I took 2 seconds off my best lap time from running the same setup as 2 cell. I am trading my original GTB in for a Kinetic 1s but for now the GTB2 is doing me just fine.

Haven't been able to find the BEC Voltage & Amp rating for 1 cell but since the Smart Boost is listed as an option it is probably needed when running 1 cell. You can get away without though, if your servo was designed for 1 cell applications.
I guess since you're running WGT, you can get away with it. Your servo still have enough torque and speed even at the reduced voltage to handle a WGT car. However, that wouldn't work for 1/12 because of the smaller servos that have less available torque.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just switched my gtb2 w ballistic 10.5 from myTC into my world gt car, no rewiring, did one touch programming and the brakes are so weak the car won't even come to a stop. I did the setup properly, radio settings normal, checked over ALL settings multiple times??? The brakes were never great in my TC but now they are non existent. Any ideas?
Charlie @ Novak is sending me a new Brain Board and Cap @ no charge to fix this issue. Fantastic product support from Novak I was thinking about trying a Speed Passion boosted ESC but now its a Kinetic for sure. Props to Novak.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.