Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ko propo bx-213mh

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2002, 05:49 AM
Regional Moderator

Default ko propo bx-213mh

hey guys has anyone used the new charger from ko propo the bx-213mh im looking to get a new charger. not a turbo35 i just sold mine and need something a bit smaller for simple duties just charging batt packs any info is welcomed and thanks in advance
Old 03-17-2002, 06:30 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

I use to have the older bx-212 it was a very well made. The 213 is similarly 'well made'. The only thing I don't like about it is that the delta peak is preset and you cannot adjust. If you are looking for something small go for the Pitbull....you cannot go wrong!!!

The Pitbull is nowhere near as nicely finished as the 213 but that depends what you want......a good looking charger or a good charging charger!!
Old 03-17-2002, 06:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

i just sold my t35bl last week. everyone was asking what charger i would be getting to replace 'the ultimate charger'

i got the orbit microlader. their software is great, it has a fast charge that will determine the right charge rate for your pack. my packs come off cooler, and i could swear it has more initial punch (hey, when i first used it last week, i placed third in my class. today i was 1st )

check it out, it's a great piece of german technology....
Old 03-17-2002, 07:11 AM
Regional Moderator

where can i get info on the orbit microlader?

and DTM can you give me more detail about the delta peak
why is it not good? and if i could get the ko cheaper than norm would you still go with the pit bull?

thanks guys for the info
Old 03-17-2002, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

I'm using the Orbit too, and indeed it is an excellent bit of kit. Imagine pumping 8A of charge into nicads and not having 'em warm at all

pro3racing: the URL is http://www.orbitronic.de/e_orbit.html

jericsm: When charging NiMHs using the lowest delta peak, can it exceed 4.xA charge? Mine can't unless I set the delta peak to the mid peak level, only then it will pump the nimhs... but it comes off a bit too hot for my tastes...

The other charger to consider if the Schulze Ecolader, but that is a supremely expensive piece of equipment...

Thanks.

Alvin
Old 03-17-2002, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Add: Only complaint I have about the orbit charger is it only has 3.xA discharge for 6 cell packs; there is a max 25W dissipation, I = P/V comes close to that.

Apart from the autocharge function it also has flex, linear, format charge, li-ion, pb and glow plug functions
Old 03-17-2002, 07:50 AM
Regional Moderator

alvin - thanks for the url for orbit one question i have is what
is the price range for the orbit ? and what model would you
get?
so should i not get the ko even if i can get a new one real cheap?
Old 03-17-2002, 08:27 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by pro3racing
where can i get info on the orbit microlader?

and DTM can you give me more detail about the delta peak
why is it not good? and if i could get the ko cheaper than norm would you still go with the pit bull?

thanks guys for the info
The delta peak is the voltage drop off when the packs are fully charged, this is what stops the charging process. Nimh drops off less than Nicads... if this delta voltage is set too high it will kill the Nimh.

Being able to adjust the delta is an advantage because Sanyo and Panasonics Nimh like different deltas. I set Sanyo HV at 0.07v and Panasonics at 0.03v...other people use different values.

Regardless of money I would always go for the better charger!! You only have to kill one or two packs and you have lost the cheap charger advantage!!!
Old 03-17-2002, 08:42 AM
Regional Moderator

dtm-- what does ko mean by fuzzy delta peak cut off???

and thank you for all the insight my eyes are open and
im reading all the comments keep them coming
Old 03-17-2002, 09:03 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by pro3racing
dtm-- what does ko mean by fuzzy delta peak cut off???

and thank you for all the insight my eyes are open and
im reading all the comments keep them coming
It's 'fuzzy' to me!! KO has been using that term since the 212. Maybe someone else will give some insight!!!

Last edited by dtm; 03-17-2002 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-17-2002, 05:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Alvin : I haven't tried charging at the lowest peak detect mode.... i'm using sanyo nimh and i charge them using the mid-level, that's 7.5 i think. It does not come off hotter than when I was using the T35.

pro3racing: I got the microlader v6, only because that's the one in stock in the store. goes up to 6A, charge 1 to 30 cells..... then you have the orbit race, i think that's better for our purposes.... goes up to 8A i think, and charges 1 to 12 cells....

FUZZY: it's a marketing hype.... when people started trying to program computers to replicate human intelligence, they figured that digital logic, meaning ones and zeroes, can't apply to the way humans think.... there are always in-between values.... so they called it fuzzy logic, cause it's ones, zeroes and a whole lot of other values somewhere in-between the two states.

so these guys are saying that their chargers have artificial intelligence in their charger.... imagine that!

Last edited by jericsm; 03-17-2002 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-21-2002, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

jericsm: Have tested further with my cells. I have some some nimhs which I self zapped and some which are not, it seems the zapped cells can take the medium range autocharge very well and do not come off very hot, but the unzapped buggers warm up pretty fast, and get *really* hot. Anyway these are all unmatched, haven't dared to try on my matched nimhs (shrugs)

Just an addenum.

~Alvin
Old 04-16-2002, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

this may b a little late...
i have the KO bx-213mh charger...
good-looking charger and it works fine for mi.
can provide a charging current of 0.5A to 8A and charges 1-10 cells.

u will have 2 take note of this.the manual says u need a power supply of 15A or greater,but i have tried my charger on 12.5A and it works great.I read in the Singapore R/C forum groups that u can even use a power supply of 8.5A.i had also tried on a 6A power supply and it doesn't work.so my guess is that it works with a power supply above 8A which is the max charging current.

sorrie fo the late reply...