Anybody running the new 3600 cells yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 12:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

oooo he got dissed!!!!...lol
Old 07-15-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

and this pissing match has what to do with sanyo cells? why is it every battery thread ends up with my company is better than your company? noone makes the cells they just match them! my god how can they be so damn different? think about it?
Old 07-15-2004, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

I bought a pack to test out, but a few of the guys at my track were testing them and said that they have no punch but good runtime, i returned them so haven't tested them myself.. Since then i have heard more and more people say the same thing...

Edit:
One of the guys built the pack, then charged it, but coooked the cells on the first charge *pop* *pop*

Originally posted by MattW
i am interested in hearing any experience of on track usage anyone might have. I don't give 2 s**** what the labels say, just how they feel on the track.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

try SMC's website, they compared the 3300's to the 3600's and posted the results...basically they said they aren't going to be matching those anytime soon
Old 07-15-2004, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by myclod
try SMC's website, they compared the 3300's to the 3600's and posted the results...basically they said they aren't going to be matching those anytime soon
Yes do that, all the crying will stop then. Danny took 50 bulk GP3300s and 50 bulk Sayno3600s and ran them through the Turbomatcher. The results pretty much speak for them selves. The Sanyos just wont hang with the GPs.

IF Trinity or ORION did the same comparison on there LAVCO "number inflators", they would get similar results showing the GP cells being better then the Sanyos.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Joel Lagace
IF Trinity or ORION did the same comparison on there LAVCO "number inflators", they would get similar results showing the GP cells being better then the Sanyos.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by vassago
Let me guess, Team Orion or Peak cells?
Their number are highly inflated and can't be trusted.
vassago was the one who started the battery matcher wat in this thread.
for no reason at all he came out with this unjust view which is totally wrong.

i called vassago a newbie because of the way he points he's arguement.
he has no evidence that peak/orion fiddle their numbers but i have proof that the packs are good.
plus he says some average joe's packs better the peak/orion?
this is all unjustified and only a newbie would come out with it.
no one dissed any matching company apart from him and there was no need for it.
we were talkin bout 3600 and he dissed companys for no reason.
what a newbie.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:47 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Joel Lagace
But they still want to sell those Sanyo's

Weird stuff here, marketing strategy all over the place...
Old 07-16-2004, 07:49 AM
Regional Moderator

Btw, I agree with SMC's doing so far. No need to match those highly overpriced junk cells !!!
Old 07-16-2004, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

people bitched about the 3300 cells the first batch too, just takes a bit to get the right mixture of elements inside the cell
Old 07-16-2004, 08:52 AM
Suspended

Talking Battery proformance

I agree with Myclod.....it will just take some tweaking to do to get the proformance kicked up a notch or two. I bet the 3600 cells right now would be better for 1/12 scale......since they have longer races and could have a more consistant battery power band, but that's for a diffrent thread. Just give the battery companies a few months for R&D to improve the voltage or resistance.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

it just proves a point...if it ain't absolutely perfect (and nothing is..), people will bitch
Old 07-16-2004, 10:39 AM
Suspended

Default Well ya....

First impressions last a life time and take the longest to over come. I feel that they should have delayed the release untill they had the 3600's at least as fast as the 3300's. That way, the only thing people would say are good things.....well, maybe except the price.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Team Orion no longer uses Lavco equipment. All batteries are tested using custom CE equipment and have been for the past year.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Battery proformance

Originally posted by RcRacerX
I agree with Myclod.....it will just take some tweaking to do to get the proformance kicked up a notch or two. I bet the 3600 cells right now would be better for 1/12 scale......since they have longer races and could have a more consistant battery power band, but that's for a diffrent thread. Just give the battery companies a few months for R&D to improve the voltage or resistance.
I dunno, I have my doubts about that. About using them in 1/12 scale racing, maybe in mod they'd be acceptable, but in stock or 19 turn, no way, 3300mah is MORE than enough, & the GP's advantage in voltage & resistance would leave the Sanyos outclassed(which is essentially what happened with Sanyo's 3300's too). And to be honest, I don't think Sanyo has EVER figured out how to improve the cells' internal resistance like GP has, they've been fighting that since their very first NiMh cells(their 3000's did have good voltage, but they still suffered from the same resistance as their 3600's do now), so I have to wonder if they'll ever figure that one out...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.