Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody running the new 3600 cells yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by trf racer
that isnt true.
the orion/peak packs are some of the best packs available.
LOL, yeah right. Than why do they use highly inflated numbers on their packs?
Too high a voltage and runtime indicating less than a 30amp discharge.

Ever noticed they are not specifying the mAh and mWatts they get out off their cells on the label?
(Which they did until they started selling the "SP" cells)
Old 07-15-2004, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

theyve always stated overall power capacity of there cells.
plus they use lavco RDS matching system which averages to 30amp discharge rate.
these battery packs are the best ive used so far.
get a pack between 1.185+ and i garantee you wont be disapointed.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by trf racer
theyve always stated overall power capacity of there cells.
plus they use lavco RDS matching system which averages to 30amp discharge rate.
It does not, that's what they say. Why is Orion/Peak the only company producing cells with absurd runtimes?

[edit]
Hmm, the newer cells do tell the capacity, my "older" cells do not. Weird.

these battery packs are the best ive used so far.
Indeed, the best YOU have used so far. Buy a cheap battery peak from Brent BOnes on Ebay with a voltage of > 1.170 for about $40,- and I guarantee you they will be faster.
[/B][/QUOTE]

get a pack between 1.185+ and i garantee you wont be disapointed.
I did and I was, the numbers were even > 1.190 and 440 - 450 s. runtime.

Last edited by vassago; 07-15-2004 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Its really a junk released.. I agree with JDM_DOHC_SiR and JOE B
mention previously.. I still stay with my 3300 cells.. I will just wait for the next batch released hope it will be more better the previous batch released!..
Old 07-15-2004, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by vassago
It does not, that's what they say. Why is Orion/Peak the only company producing cells with absurd runtimes?

[edit]
Hmm, the newer cells do tell the capacity, my "older" cells do not. Weird.

Indeed, the best YOU have used so far. Buy a cheap battery peak from Brent BOnes on Ebay with a voltage of > 1.170 for about $40,- and I guarantee you they will be faster.

I did and I was, the numbers were even > 1.190 and 440 - 450 s. runtime. [/B][/QUOTE]

hhhmmm,sorry i havent heard of brent bones.
ive tried all so called reputable matchers and these cells truely are the best especially the new sp versions.
ive only been using orion/peak cells for about a year but all of them have overall power ratings and i disagree that the numbers are 'fake'
any one use vaga batterys?
now they are fake and i believe most matchers fajke their numbers.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

vassago-Please do us all a favor and SHUTUP.
If you dont know what the hell your talking about then would you please do us ALL a big favor and shut up.
The reason you dont see certain stats on those packs is due to Lavco Matching.Lavco is a matcher OTHER than CE.Trinity also used this system for the longest time.

Orion/Peak just HAPPENS to be the largest battery supplier there is due to serving the medical industry.The weed out the weaker cells and sell those to the medical industry.
Inflated #'s?No your dead wrong.It's called a Different matching system.When you learn this then please speak.Till then please HUSH.
Your so called boy on ebay.Umm can we say packs that go flat after about 6 charges?No thanks.His zapping process is VERY hard on cells and doesnt last.
So you keep running those cells and please tell me where your located so I can show you some REAL PACKS.

SMC,Fukuyama,Peak/Orion have pretty much the best cells going.
GOodluck with your $40.00 loosing their punch packs.
P.S.Deadshort them and they will last longer.If you dont DEAD after 6-8 charges.I have heard this complaint from more than 20 of his customers.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

You should shut up! I am talking about on-track experience, not just matching numbers.
As anyone with half a brain can see is that high runtime numbers equals high Average voltage numbers, simply physics.

Why do you think they use Lavco? Because it makes their cells look good. (Why did they start using Lavco at the same time they introduced the SP sticker?)

Who gives a fart about whether they are the largest or not? Being the largest allows them to pull stunts like this. Just like introducing a fake SP sticker which means totally didley.
I believe this is called marketing.

6 cycles? That is exactly how long it takes for the Orion cells to actually start doing something. (If you don't believe me, check their forum it is confirmed by Orion themselves)

Deadshorting seems to work indeed on the newest GP cells, haven't tried it myself though. (you appear to loose some runtime in exchange for a marginal amount of voltage)

You are of course alway welcome to send me some REAL PACKS
Old 07-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by TexRacer
If you dont know what the hell your talking about then would you please do us ALL a big favor and shut up.
The reason you dont see certain stats on those packs is due to Lavco Matching.Lavco is a matcher OTHER than CE.Trinity also used this system for the longest time.

Orion/Peak just HAPPENS to be the largest battery supplier there is due to serving the medical industry.The weed out the weaker cells and sell those to the medical industry.
Inflated #'s?No your dead wrong.It's called a Different matching system.When you learn this then please speak.Till then please HUSH.
Your so called boy on ebay.Umm can we say packs that go flat after about 6 charges?No thanks.His zapping process is VERY hard on cells and doesnt last.
So you keep running those cells and please tell me where your located so I can show you some REAL PACKS.

P.S.Deadshort them and they will last longer.If you dont DEAD after 6-8 charges.I have heard this complaint from more than 20 of his customers.
thanx texracer.
his cells dont sound all that or go all that by the sound of it.
i know that peak/orion match and cell very good cells.
i have tried some medium companys packs but they dont seem that.
i havent tried smc or trinity but have tried reedy and they are very good to but not as good as the peaks/orions.
the peak/orions also seem to last forever.
my oldest pack over a year old still has as much punch as all the new ones but the runtime isnt there.
so there my practice packs.
i could get them re-zapped but being so old i think itl do more harm then good.
also ive never dead shorted any of my batts and would not recommend it.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Vas-Do you understand they are NOT Here in america and that Lavco is the standard over there.
Reedy as well use to be Lavco matching.
Sorry bud but your DEAD WRONG from every angle.Their packs are sweet as hell on the track.
Maybe learn how to charge them?Maybe.
Sorry but your $40.00 Ebay packs being better than Orion.LMAO thats just too funny.
Again learn the industry and then speak.Till then please SHUT UP.
But if a racer.I will say this.Enjoy the hobby and best of luck to you while doing so.But if you dont know YOU DONT KNOW.
So save us the Unknowedgable drama ok?
Thanks.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by vassago
You should shut up! I am talking about on-track experience, not just matching numbers.
As anyone with half a brain can see is that high runtime numbers equals high Average voltage numbers, simply physics.

Why do you think they use Lavco? Because it makes their cells look good. (Why did they start using Lavco at the same time they introduced the SP sticker?)

Who gives a fart about whether they are the largest or not? Being the largest allows them to pull stunts like this. Just like introducing a fake SP sticker which means totally didley.
I believe this is called marketing.

6 cycles? That is exactly how long it takes for the Orion cells to actually start doing something. (If you don't believe me, check their forum it is confirmed by Orion themselves)

Deadshorting seems to work indeed on the newest GP cells, haven't tried it myself though. (you appear to loose some runtime in exchange for a marginal amount of voltage)

You are of course alway welcome to send me some REAL PACKS
high runtime numbers doesnt mean high AV.
orion/peak have been using the lavco system well before the sp's came out.get your facts write.

it takes a couple of cycles to get them to their best like most cells but nexracer said bones batterys are nackered after 6 cycles.

i wouldnt recomend a newby as your self to deadshort batts.
we dont want you blowing your self up ahh?

my conclusion;
a newbie such as your self should do more research and not put other companys down.
i couldve but didnt as its unprofesional.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by trf racer my conclusion;
a newbie such as your self should do more research and not put other companys down.
i couldve but didnt as its unprofesional. [/B]
So, if you can't win it with arguments, you just call them an newbie right?

Congrats mate, well done!
Old 07-15-2004, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by TexRacer

Absolutely right. To my knowledge, Orion/Peak has been using the Lavco equipment for some time now, & they apparently decided not to try to adapt to the CE matching stuff just to compete with the majority of matchers in the US(& if the majority of their market in Europe also uses Lavco's standard, then that's comepletely understandable). It does seem that numbers from the Lavco stuff will show slightly higher voltage than it the same cells were tested on properly calibrated CE matchers, but the difference isn't all the big, & AFAIK, the other numbers are NOT affected. And I know that I've been able to get those kind of numbers from Fukuyama(who uses CE matchers) & I trust them implicitly, so I'd say that it IS possible. In other words, vassago, chill, you really DON'T know what you';re tlaking about, try listening to some of us that've been racing for awhile now(I've been at it for over 15 years myself), there is nothing wrong with Orion/Peak's packs. It just comes down to who YOU trust the most & can get the numbers you want at a good price, there is NO point in bashing one matcher or another like you've been doing...
Old 07-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Guys,this is exactly what he wants to do. Rile you up. Anyways,the difference between The lavco system of matching and the CE matching system doesnt mean a hill of beans.Track performance is what matters. When I have had off the shelf Orion packs in the recent past,they performed flawlessly. I dont think thier drivers could be doing so well if they were just inflating number to sell packs.Thier drivers just won the the Reedy in North america and also second place.Thier drivers usually fill at least half of ever A main around the world at big races.The process is different so the numbers will be different.Get over yourself vassago.Just ignore him guys.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Actually, Orion has been using the Lavco system for some time now...at least ever since I have been racing (5 + years).
The majority of the packs that I run are Fuku, SMC and Fantom. I only have about 5 of the Orion 3300 SP's. I can tell you that my 1.18 Orions are as good as any other matchers 1.18's that I have run. Over all I am happy with the Orion cells and will continue buying their cells in the future.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Orion started using Lavco matchers the day they started matching cells.

Anyway, the question wasn't about who's cells are better, it was specifically about 3600's, and i must admit i am interested in hearing any experience of on track usage anyone might have. I don't give 2 s**** what the labels say, just how they feel on the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.