Search

R/C Tech LIVE @ the 2004 ROAR Paved On-Road Nationals in Portland, Oregon

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

there was practice until 9 p.m. last night
Old 07-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Its funny to see some of the responses attacking my comments when I was only talking about cosmetics. As I mentioned, "Roar nationals? I would expect something of a higher level cosmetically. It may drive fine, but it seems like at the premiere event, the track should resemble something that everyone who saw it would drool and aspire to. My 2 cents." My point is, that this is suppose to be one of the Premiere events in RC. Sure there are only a few world class tracks, that's why they are "World Class." I'm not bashing the guys for putting up the effort, or compliaing about the way it may drive, but am just concerned about the perception of our finest events. Would the Olympics be held at a less than world class location?
Old 07-14-2004, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

It's a "National" event, not a "World" event, so why expect a "World Class" permanent track. The surface is fine. The cosmetics are fine. Don't forget the origin of touring car racing...
Old 07-14-2004, 03:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Guess what, these guys are trying to put this thing out in the open at a hotel where somebody besides the racers might see it.
I think that's great. Every nationals used to be in a parking lot. It sounds like a good surface.. so have fun.

This message made possible by the letter F and the number 13.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:44 PM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by edseb
Would the Olympics be held at a less than world class location?
Now you're comparing a ROAR National to the Olympics?
Old 07-14-2004, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default ROAR = Special Olympics

Its funny how people will sit back on the internet and just blast away at a Track or read over a rule book to find things wrong with out even being there. If the guys racing don't have any issues with track or anything else then leave it at that. If your not racing there don't complain about some lame rule or what you see is wrong from your perception of the race on the net. A National Championship needs to just get back to RACING and not picking apart some organization trying to do just that or the host track for that matter.....the track is the same for everyone just show up and race and see how you do.

Do you really think its going to matter that this layout was close to the last layout used????? No the same people will be fast no matter what and thats the one thing that will always happen reguardless of what ever ROAR rule or what ever someone complains about. Just go Race!!!!!
Old 07-14-2004, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Track shouldnt matter its the same for everyone.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Who is the anouncer for the event?
Old 07-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by KMW
Now you're comparing a ROAR National to the Olympics?

Special Olympics maybe....lol

Hey I thought Billy Easton was with DuraTraxx, or is he just working there and running for Yok?
Old 07-14-2004, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default pictures

Hey Shane where are all of the pictures?
Old 07-14-2004, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I think it was Baker who said it best..."I race toy cars for bowling trophies"
Old 07-14-2004, 06:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by edseb
Its funny to see some of the responses attacking my comments when I was only talking about cosmetics. As I mentioned, "Roar nationals? I would expect something of a higher level cosmetically. It may drive fine, but it seems like at the premiere event, the track should resemble something that everyone who saw it would drool and aspire to. My 2 cents." My point is, that this is suppose to be one of the Premiere events in RC. Sure there are only a few world class tracks, that's why they are "World Class." I'm not bashing the guys for putting up the effort, or compliaing about the way it may drive, but am just concerned about the perception of our finest events. Would the Olympics be held at a less than world class location?

Sorry that most U.S. cities aren't like So Cail.............A perment R/C track on every corner.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Smalls Yes he is employeed by Duratrax but can still be sponsored by others.Alot of it is due to Duratrax not making a electric racer.He is at Duratrax as a employee and not a racer.
Les
Old 07-14-2004, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by TexRacer
Smalls Yes he is employeed by Duratrax but can still be sponsored by others.Alot of it is due to Duratrax not making a electric racer.He is at Duratrax as a employee and not a racer.
Les
It was my understanding that he is now at yokomo USA full time?
Old 07-14-2004, 07:49 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I don't think anyone is complaining about the track. I can see how it is hard to spend that kind of money to fly to an event and get their and see this type of setup. For those who get everything paid for what do they care. They still get payed and get their stuff for free with almost zero out of pocket expense.

Now for the racing I'm interested to see how Chris does wih this new Corally car and how Billy does with his new Yoke. It will be cool just to see what brand of cars make the A mains, especially out of the non pro type racers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.