R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-19-2004, 12:56 PM   #451
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
trackdesigner call me or email me I have very good info for you. Hurry up BJ.
Hector YGM
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 01:48 PM   #452
Tech Apprentice

Default Pudge dumped the "little T"

Quote:
Originally posted by SalvadoriRacing
AHH??????

Did Ryan switch to ORION after his victory at the Reedy Race Open MOD class (he ran for Trinity)??????
Supposedly rumor has it Ryan left Trinity because he felt he could be(and was) more competative at Orion and he is friends with a lot of the Orion crew. When he left Orion I heard it was for the money not the performance and I guess he tried to return to Orion a while back but there were some issues why he wasn't allowed to leave the "little T". Trinity supposedly panicked and tried offering huge dollars to a bunch of Orion drivers. The fast one's stayed at Orion some of the B level guys sold out and now there stuck under Ernie's thumb.

So in the end Orion got one of the fastest all around drivers for some possible fast guys it's kind of like the whole Shaq leaving the Lakers deal.

IMHO
corvin12xu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 01:55 PM   #453
Tech Adept

Great job guys, sounds like your ran a great event.

In my experience the people most likely to complain, are the same ones who NEVER put their hands up to help. Some experience at actually doing some of the huge amounts of work is a great teacher.

Thanks for the coverage Futureal, it is great for those of us who through work, or distance cannot be there. (I already have a subscription with the magazine - its the best).

Cheers
Peter
Pedro 51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 01:56 PM   #454
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Old 07-19-2004, 02:02 PM   #455
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

sounds like trinity is giving up its ambitions, specially on onroad class......

I think only matt francis and paul lemieux are very, very fast running onroad.......the others drivers are the best on offroad class.... (kinwald, steenari, drake and matt francis too).....

while trinity looses the top drivers we're seeing PEAK/ORION, FANTOM and REEDY sponsoring the best drivers of the world and being the fastest motors in all races....

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 02:04 PM   #456
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JamesArluck

Quote:
Originally posted by SalvadoriRacing
sounds like trinity is giving up its ambitions, specially on onroad class......

I think only matt francis and paul lemieux are very, very fast running onroad.......the others drivers are the best on offroad class.... (kinwald, steenari, drake and matt francis too).....

while trinity looses the top drivers we're seeing PEAK/ORION, FANTOM and REEDY sponsoring the best drivers of the world and being the fastest motors in all races....
Doesn't Lemuix run for Custom Works now?
JamesArluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 02:26 PM   #457
Tech Apprentice

Hi James,

Yes, your right. He still runs for Losi, but his motor sponsor is from Custom Works, which I think it's called TrueSpeed.
myvantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:31 PM   #458
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: car brand ?

Quote:
Originally posted by corvin12xu
Ryan Cavalieri and Rod Canare both run Orion products. [/B]
Is that just new for Cavalieri?

I guess I should read to the end.

The r/c version of silly season never ends!!!!!

Last edited by Brian Anthony; 07-19-2004 at 03:37 PM.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:31 PM   #459
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Andrew Swanson Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Swanson

yeah lemieux left trinity when dieter left trinity months ago and now runs TRUSPEED a division of customworks.

i made the decision that this stuff doesnt need discussing here so revoking all posts

Last edited by Andrew Swanson; 07-19-2004 at 09:52 PM.
Andrew Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:35 PM   #460
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Andrew Swanson Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Swanson

1 Atsushi Hara HPI Orion
2 Rick Howart Losi Peak
3 Chris Tosolini Corally Corally
4 Barry Baker AE Reedy
5 Kyle Skidmore AE Reedy
6 Paul Lemiuex Losi Truspeed
7 Paul Wynn Schumacher Reedy
8 Mike Blackstock AE Reedy
9 Jared Scott XRAY Fantom
10 Ryan Cavaleri Losi ???
11 Andrew Gray Losi Peak
12 Todd Hodge Losi Trinity
13 Darren Shank ???
14 Travis Amezcua Losi Trinity
15 Matt Francis Losi Trinity
16 Patrick Castleberry AE Fantom
17 Greg Hodapp X-ray Peak
18 Fill Saenkov AE Reedy
19 Mike Dumas Losi Epic
20 Josh Cyrul X-ray Fantom
21 Andrew Swanson XRAY TRINITY
22 Brian Kinwald Losi Trinity
23 Rod Canare Tamiya Orion
24 Steve Weiss Losi Novak Trinity
Old 07-19-2004, 03:44 PM   #461
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Adam Hartzell

Love the pic of Kinwald in the BQ helmet. I see that Baker modified it after the carpet nats.
Adam Hartzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:57 PM   #462
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Just got back home. Yea, subscribe to XRC, best racer mag out there!

I'll be back on here a bit later...
Old 07-19-2004, 04:02 PM   #463
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Swanson
yeah lemieux left trinity when dieter left trinity months ago and now runs TRUSPEED a division of customworks.

cavalieri set another deal up without the consent of his current legal binding sponsor. So it made ernie pretty mad

all in all cavalieri is still offically under contract with trinity he was never released from his contract

so his ride with orion as of now is (unoffical)

and yes MONEY was the factor

Thrue/Amezcua switched cause he got a better ride from trinity then he was gettin at orion

So who cares if moneyi s buying all the drivers it doesnt matter anyways money makes the world go round and it always will be the deciding factor behind big name paid drivers.

FOR UNPAID DRIVERS:

I switched on the sole reason that i wanted better performing equipment and wanted to belong to a higher class team, the money issue gets thrown out the window when its a non paid driver switching all around cause they reap no benifits other than the products they run.
Actually truth be known "Un-paid" drivers that win and make mains still get money as insentives that is why some drivers that do not get a salary can actually make more money through company's that pay bonuses based on performance.

Unfortunatley there are a lot of "Kids" that think they are going to be R/C superstars and live off of companies without any regard to the hobby/industry as a whole. They tend to have a "what's in it for me" attitude and have very little regard for being part of a Team. Unfortunatley for some they do not realize Racing is and always be a Team Competition. These are the same "kids" that are more concerned about free stuff then winning races and when they don't win blame it all on who got the best free stuff. As far a higher class of company I will leave that for everyone to decide on there own as I read it as obvious sour grapes.

It is unfortunate, as it seems the days of true class are coming to end. It used to be that drivers and companies shared a mutual respect and a passion for the the hobby as a whole. It is sad that we are not seeing anymore of what I consider the truly high class drivers such as Masami, Matt Francis, Pavidis, Hara. These drivers work to improve the products they represent rather then whine and jump ship when there not given what they feel is the best free stuff.

This will abviousely stir up some contreversy but hopefully the end result will be people will take a good look at what each and every product they buy represents who is behind the products they buy. Are they racers and hobbyist? Or are they just business men trying to turn a buck and market for shear profit growth rather then the hobby as a whole. Bottom line it is a business but the long run pays out more for everyone in the end rather then the here and now .
corvin12xu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 04:16 PM   #464
Tech Regular

edited by me

Last edited by Andrew Swanson; 07-19-2004 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:19 PM   #465
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by corvin12xu
Actually truth be known "Un-paid" drivers that win and make mains still get money as insentives that is why some drivers that do not get a salary can actually make more money through company's that pay bonuses based on performance.

Unfortunatley there are a lot of "Kids" that think they are going to be R/C superstars and live off of companies without any regard to the hobby/industry as a whole. They tend to have a "what's in it for me" attitude and have very little regard for being part of a Team. Unfortunatley for some they do not realize Racing is and always be a Team Competition. These are the same "kids" that are more concerned about free stuff then winning races and when they don't win blame it all on who got the best free stuff. As far a higher class of company I will leave that for everyone to decide on there own as I read it as obvious sour grapes.

It is unfortunate, as it seems the days of true class are coming to end. It used to be that drivers and companies shared a mutual respect and a passion for the the hobby as a whole. It is sad that we are not seeing anymore of what I consider the truly high class drivers such as Masami, Matt Francis, Pavidis, Hara. These drivers work to improve the products they represent rather then whine and jump ship when there not given what they feel is the best free stuff.

This will abviousely stir up some contreversy but hopefully the end result will be people will take a good look at what each and every product they buy represents who is behind the products they buy. Are they racers and hobbyist? Or are they just business men trying to turn a buck and market for shear profit growth rather then the hobby as a whole. Bottom line it is a business but the long run pays out more for everyone in the end rather then the here and now .
Excellent post. Something I find amusing about all these drivers jumping ship is that they're causing themselves and their new sponsors to lose credibility. The whole point of a driver endorsing and being sponsored by X company is supposed to be because he thinks that company makes the best product. That's the marketing psychology behind it anyway. Michael Jordan wore Nikes because they were the best, right? That's what we're supposed to think anyway. But when you see a guy drive for Reedy one month, Orion the next, and Trinity a few months later, anyone with half a brain realizes he views all of them as roughly the same. So to the typical R/C consumer why should we care if he's on X company's team? We shouldn't! I bet at this point Billy Easton would drive for Losi if they offered him enough money, despite winning the 2wd world championship with AE.

Can you imagine what would happen if Earnhardt Jr. suddenly started driving for Ford?? Diehard redneck Chevy fans everywhere would lynch him!!
mwcet8k is offline   Reply With Quote