R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-16-2004, 07:23 AM   #151
Tech Master
 
Jeff Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,913
Default

Hara is fast any where he goes... you should expect him to be near the top or at the top. So what if he is Japanese. Technically Tosolini is Italian.

The interesting one is Rick Howart since I believe he is about 38 or 39 years old. Whooping on them young guys.

Jeff
__________________
SXT Traction Compounds | www.TractionCompound.com
Jeff Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 07:25 AM   #152
Company Representative
 
Tres's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: WWW.TNT-FX.COM
Posts: 3,403
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I would think he would have to Rep for the US.
Since he is running the US Nats.

But, who knows????
__________________
Tre's
TnT-Fx Custom Graphics
www.tnt-fx.com
Tres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 07:49 AM   #153
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: The Lou
Posts: 156
Default

Hara reps for the good o USA it is a roar nats you have to be he moved here and and won the gas 200mm nats at rev....in CA......
Andrew Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 08:00 AM   #154
Tech Adept
 
Antonio Sabato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 159
Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by Anders Myrberg
Funny.
There´s one Japaneese driver and 40-something US-drivers.
And the Japanseese one is fastest
Whats your point? Are you saying that US drivers are not good? If so, you’ve got something coming…
Antonio Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 08:03 AM   #155
Tech Fanatic
 
Frank McKinney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: A Yank in England
Posts: 755
Default

I think it was an observation.

Breathe deeply and let the veins settle down, geez.
__________________
Minimal signature to save screen space! Big sigs suX0r
Frank McKinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 08:05 AM   #156
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 57
Default Go Rodzilla

Shouts out to Rodzilla and the rest of the Tamiya guys!
corvin12xu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 08:07 AM   #157
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 57
Default Hohwart is a raw jock!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Brown

The interesting one is Rick Howart since I believe he is about 38 or 39 years old. Whooping on them young guys.

Jeff
You also have to realize he has about 13 national championships under his belt.

The crazy thing about Rick is he has driven touring car only two other times in the last year (This years Reedy race and last years Reedy race) other then that he has zero practice. Also he I think he has only driven a couple of Offroad races during the same time. Talent and skills seems to be in full effect in his arsenal.

Plus Running a V2 motor and GP 3300 SP2 battery's doesn't hurt

Also he is only 36 cut the old guy some slack hehehe
corvin12xu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 08:26 AM   #158
Administrator
 
Matt M.'s Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,392
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

it is always good to see rick do well...he's a good guy.....

get practicing shane.....
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 08:31 AM   #159
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Del Mar, CA, USA
Posts: 7,063
Default

Remember that Rick did pretty well at the Reedy race as well; I remember that he won a couple of heats and was right in the thick of things until he had problems on the second day.

Hara is from Japan but has lived in the US for some time now. Remember that he is the reigning ROAR Fuel champion, and has participated in other ROAR Nats events and even the US Indoor Champs last year.

To whoever asked, those practice results were set up for best 2 of 3 even though there was no third round, so yea, they were kind of screwy. Just there to give an idea on people, since the slate is wiped clean this morning anyway.

As for me... I did go out for a second practice run, and my car was getting radio hits all over the place -- same old same old! Just goes to show that if you never work on your stuff, it's never going to work. My brushless car remains in pieces on the workbench here so I don't think I'll be racing that at all. Just too much to do. Maybe next year... haha

Thanks for all the kind words!
__________________
Visit my store: www.ampdraw.com
futureal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 08:32 AM   #160
KMW
Tech Regular
 
KMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 363
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TimPotter
The fastest are the fastest, no matter where they come from. My question is, Does Hara represent Japan or the US at the Worlds ?
More than likely Japan because he didn't qualify for the Worlds in the US. Although it's possible he has filled a US spot if he signed up early enough. We'll know for sure once the worlds team is finally announced.
KMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 08:44 AM   #161
Tech Elite
 
Taz_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santa Rosa CA
Posts: 2,584
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
Remember that Rick did pretty well at the Reedy race as well; I remember that he won a couple of heats and was right in the thick of things until he had problems on the second day.

Hara is from Japan but has lived in the US for some time now. Remember that he is the reigning ROAR Fuel champion, and has participated in other ROAR Nats events and even the US Indoor Champs last year.

To whoever asked, those practice results were set up for best 2 of 3 even though there was no third round, so yea, they were kind of screwy. Just there to give an idea on people, since the slate is wiped clean this morning anyway.

As for me... I did go out for a second practice run, and my car was getting radio hits all over the place -- same old same old! Just goes to show that if you never work on your stuff, it's never going to work. My brushless car remains in pieces on the workbench here so I don't think I'll be racing that at all. Just too much to do. Maybe next year... haha

Thanks for all the kind words!
need help i only running one class so i have a lot of free time?
__________________
Jake's Performance Hobbies http://www.jphracing.com/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/757500284356171 Facebook Group for Pro 10
Taz_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 08:57 AM   #162
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Hohwart is a raw jock!

Quote:
Originally posted by corvin12xu
You also have to realize he has about 13 national championships under his belt.

The crazy thing about Rick is he has driven touring car only two other times in the last year (This years Reedy race and last years Reedy race) other then that he has zero practice. Also he I think he has only driven a couple of Offroad races during the same time. Talent and skills seems to be in full effect in his arsenal.

Plus Running a V2 motor and GP 3300 SP2 battery's doesn't hurt

Also he is only 36 cut the old guy some slack hehehe
what car is Rick running?
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 09:00 AM   #163
Administrator
 
Matt M.'s Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,392
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

last i knew he ran losi cars
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 09:07 AM   #164
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

He was running a Losi at Reedy.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 09:32 AM   #165
Tech Master
 
Jeff Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,913
Default

I wasn't doubting Rick's abilities. He made the A-main in 2WD at the Offroad Worlds last summer. I know he is World Class.

Jeff
__________________
SXT Traction Compounds | www.TractionCompound.com
Jeff Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ROAR 2004 Paved on-road Nats rosecity Northwest Racers 335 07-20-2004 08:32 PM
2004 ROAR Paved On-Road Nats - Portland, OR rosecity Racing Forum 439 07-13-2004 07:42 AM
R/C Tech LIVE from the 2004 ROAR Carpet Nationals futureal Electric On-Road 704 04-08-2004 10:47 PM
R/C Tech Live @ the 2004 Trinity/Car Action Snowbird Nationals futureal Electric On-Road 901 02-25-2004 02:05 PM
R/C Tech LIVE from the 2003 ROAR Carpet Nationals futureal Electric On-Road 185 05-04-2003 07:35 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:02 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net