Wiki Posts
Search

cant find what im look for plx help

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default cant find what im look for plx help

i've looked and cant find what i need to . what im needing to know is how far out should lipo cells be form each other. i bot a lipo to day and went to charge it and the bal charge everthing that the house and normal charge at the track. and the cells are reading 3.78 and 3.97 the other 2 lipo's i have are are only .03 to .05 away form each other.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Went through this myself. First of all, make sure you have the correct balance plug adapter! Unusual to see a new lipo pack that far out of balance.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by shinta
i've looked and cant find what i need to . what im needing to know is how far out should lipo cells be form each other. i bot a lipo to day and went to charge it and the bal charge everthing that the house and normal charge at the track. and the cells are reading 3.78 and 3.97 the other 2 lipo's i have are are only .03 to .05 away form each other.
Hey mate.... thats pretty bad and I am guessing it has been sitting on the self for a very long time or it wasnt cycled properly at the factory... My advice unless you got a really good charger that has a separate balance function I wouldnt be using that charger until you get those cells perfect... Buy a balancer that you can plug into the battery and let it sit until the cells become good. You need to get them right otherwise charging and discharging the battery pack like that its only going to get worse.
Most chargers out there are not good enough with their charge functions with the balance part of the charge just doesnt work like it should.

I went from the latest orion charger that was meant to be the ducks nuts and have all the functions but it did no where near the job that my new lrp touch charger does......

Good luck mate.
Fordy
Old 10-31-2010, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

hey thinks a lot looks like i well be going back to the store this morning and takening it. back i dont have the money to drop on a high end charger right now. would just a balance board what plugs in work to fix this?
Old 10-31-2010, 06:23 AM
Tech Adept

Couple of things; the word on the street is that your cells should NEVER be more than 0.2V different as this supposedly is the point of
Second, you could always get something like a blinky balancer that can be used before, during and after. In my opinion, one of the first things people should buy is a balancer that will cut off voltage at a certain difference. This is a must for lipo technology and they WILL/HAVE saved many a family's home. I don't know how many times mines have saved me when I was charging some "older" packs that just don't charge evenly.
Third, I've never had a "new" pack (I've prob had owned well over 200 packs) with a voltage diff > 0.02
I would definately return that pack and use those funds for a good balancer (one that would cut off voltage) cause unfortunately, it only takes one charge to ruin everything.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

well im racing to day and there a few guys out there that have stand alone balacers, and im going to see what they say about it. as well as see if they well throw it on there balacers to see if we can get the cells right i really hate taking things back. i would of thought with it being a new pack it would not of been off that bad