R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   TC6 vs Xray T3 2011 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/448169-tc6-vs-xray-t3-2011-a.html)

lookieaefanboi 10-30-2010 05:26 PM

TC6 vs Xray T3 2011

As someone who has come from an offroad background I am looking at buying my first tc. Obviously I want something that is designed to suit lipo and has decent parts support from my lhs. That is why I am looking at these two cars and really cant decide between them. I will be running 21.5t and looking to move to 13.5t later in the year. The xray is around $100 more than the ae, is it worth it and why? Should I go gear diffs as I see a lot of ppl using them and if so should they be used both front and rear?

hacker 10-30-2010 05:35 PM

the way you drive, you NEED an xray.......:lol:

Just4funracing 10-30-2010 05:43 PM

I would go with the Xray... really good material and they are much stronger than the tc6(mostly the same front plastics as the tc5) 2 years ago I went from offroad to onroad with a tc5, its pretty fragile. If you get a tc6 get a hard bumper...

lookieaefanboi 10-30-2010 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by hacker (Post 8144033)
the way you drive, you NEED an xray.......:lol:

OMG You forum stalker you :P

RCknight 10-31-2010 01:19 AM

Xray is well worth the $100 in my opinion. Some great features are the diffs, cvds, and the toe blocks are not on the bulk heads. Althought the TC6 has a great value feel to it. Good luck.

wtcc 10-31-2010 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Just4funracing (Post 8144057)
I would go with the Xray... really good material and they are much stronger than the tc6(mostly the same front plastics as the tc5) 2 years ago I went from offroad to onroad with a tc5, its pretty fragile. If you get a tc6 get a hard bumper...

I cannot understand where this experiences come from. My personal experience is that the TC5 is not weaker than any other Pro-TC. In my two seasons Indoor and Outdoor the only thing that breaks is the C-Hub. Mostly on the right side, when hitting the wall with full speed. The original Asso bumper is one of the strongest among all TC. Even a full speed impact against an egde won't hurt the car.
I never had bend or broken any other part of the car, even though I began TC just a year ago and did some very stupid driving in the first months with to strong BL-motors.

+ X-ray: wide appearance, clever ideas integrated, a lot of tuning options available
- X-ray: price

+ TC6: nice price, easy to drive
- TC6: not available yet...

Foxxrocket 10-31-2010 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Just4funracing (Post 8144057)

I don't think you can really prove that just by copy and pasting your experiences over to the TC6. Remember, the TC6 is not available to the general public.

LOSIRACER77 10-31-2010 06:56 AM

cars

after looking at both cars, i think that u should get the t3r from xray

TRXRACER99 10-31-2010 08:56 AM

if you check out ae web site it said MOST of the suspension parts are still from the TC5.
I personaly race with a guy who has a tc6 and is sponsored by ae. he breaks his car maybe 3 times a day because he taps the wall ever so slightly. It is a faster car then the tc5 but the parts that break have not changed too much.

Sidel 10-31-2010 09:23 AM

Nobody really knows what type of car is really Associateted TC6 because it isn't still available.Anyway in general Associated are cars very easy to drive instead X ray are a little nervous so in your case i will take AE.

Josh Hohnstein 10-31-2010 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by TRXRACER99 (Post 8146105)
if you check out ae web site it said MOST of the suspension parts are still from the TC5.
I personaly race with a guy who has a tc6 and is sponsored by ae. he breaks his car maybe 3 times a day because he taps the wall ever so slightly. It is a faster car then the tc5 but the parts that break have not changed too much.

Really?
Who do you race with?

R3VoLuTiOn 10-31-2010 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Sidel (Post 8146181)
Nobody really knows what type of car is really Associateted TC6 because it isn't still available.Anyway in general Associated are cars very easy to drive instead X ray are a little nervous so in your case i will take AE.

Sounds like someone is a little biased towards AE.

The XRAYs at my track are the majority and that's why I got one-driver support is the most important.

falcon_az 10-31-2010 12:49 PM

What is going to cost with 'competitive' equipment to get either of these cars on the track? I'd like to get into touring.

timmig 10-31-2010 12:56 PM

I'd also look at the Top "Photon" as it comes with a spool in the front--diff in the back--and spare arms / nut's / bolts and bearings!! It's easy to setup and parts are NOT as expensive as the Xray. It's great for 21.5 --and I"ll bet it will be a while before your ready to switch to 13.5!! Great handling car and can be had for LESS than $400.
FWIW
Tim

timmig 10-31-2010 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein (Post 8146307)
Really?
Who do you race with?

Yeah--that's BS--the TC6 I've seen at WCRC run by one of the Assoc drivers has been bulletproof. I haven't seen him NOT finish a heat or main. And it's been really fast in the stock class--17.5 boosted esc.
FWIW
TIm