Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TC6 vs Xray T3 2011

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
Sounds like someone is a little biased towards AE.

The XRAYs at my track are the majority and that's why I got one-driver support is the most important.
I have had many models of AE (TC3,TC4 for example) and I also have had X Ray(T2 007/T2 008) and I only think that Associated cars (in general on raod and off road) are very "user friendly" so for a driver that starts with a new class I suggest the TC6. Moreover I think (but I'm not sure because I'm italian) that in USA or Canada spare parts of a TC6 costs less than that of a X Ray.

I agree with you about the support.X Ray in every part of the world have an excellent support.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
Sounds like someone is a little biased towards AE.

The XRAYs at my track are the majority and that's why I got one-driver support is the most important.
I have had many AE's cars (TC3,TC4 for example) and I have had also X Ray (T2 007/008) and I think that in general (on road and off road) Associated models are more "user friendly" so for a person that starts with electric touring car class i suggest to take the TC6.Moreover this car have a competitive price.

I agree with you about the support;if in your local track there are many X Ray drivers they can help you if you choose to take a T3 2011.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRXRACER99
if you check out ae web site it said MOST of the suspension parts are still from the TC5.
I personaly race with a guy who has a tc6 and is sponsored by ae. he breaks his car maybe 3 times a day because he taps the wall ever so slightly. It is a faster car then the tc5 but the parts that break have not changed too much.
if he breaks is car that often, then clearly he isnt a good enough driver to be sponsored.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

I was having the same choice recently between the two chassis. I run the Photon at the moment and am well happy with it but just fancy a change. I have ended up going for the Xray purely as i like the look of it more.

IMO they are all great cars its more down to, choose the colour you like, and it also helps if parts and support are local too.

Interestingly the Xray is the cheaper of the two in the UK but that wasn't why I went for it.

I agree with above though the Photon is a great car in my experiences with it.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Initiate

In most cases, the fastest car will be the cleanest driver with the best TUNED car for the track, regardless of brand. I'm skeptical that any current-generation pro-level TC offers a significant advantage over another.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TAorama
In most cases, the fastest car will be the cleanest driver with the best TUNED car for the track, regardless of brand. I'm skeptical that any current-generation pro-level TC offers a significant advantage over another.
I totally agree with you.Probably the best choice is to buy a car that is very popular in our local track in order to have a good support from the others drivers.

Last edited by Sidel; 11-01-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have had a TC5 for over two years now. Ive only managed to break one part and that was my fault. I race almost every weekend, went to IIC-2009. The car has been bulletproof and i have been in a number of wrecks.

Personally i like Associated's availability of parts. I think Xray is the better car but lack of parts locally, price of some parts like roll bars, and their shocks lean me towards Associated.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wcalaker
I have had a TC5 for over two years now. Ive only managed to break one part and that was my fault. I race almost every weekend, went to IIC-2009. The car has been bulletproof and i have been in a number of wrecks.

Personally i like Associated's availability of parts. I think Xray is the better car but lack of parts locally, price of some parts like roll bars, and their shocks lean me towards Associated.
While the tc5 was a car I had considered, it never took the beating that I saw XRAYs drive away from. I'm talking full speed air launches into walls, of course. I'm not a fan of XRAY price but so far, it's paid off.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Without wanting to heat up the discussion, I just want to tell my experience from todays driving:
I met with a guy from a german forum today. He drives the new T3'2011. The car looks very good and was fast right from the start, but before I had finished my first LiPo, he had two broken parts after two times hitting the wall. And I am not talking about "monster crashes".
So nobody should tell this or that car is weak or breaks faster or more often!

I would suggest: Take a car of the brand you like/most of your friends drive/with the best spare part supply.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Deciding Factor

Xray will win the durability test every time. Both cars will perform in the right hands but the Xray will be more forgiving for intermediate and novice drivers.

The TC6 will not be shipping until early December so that may be the deciding factor for some. Realistically most will not get them until 2011
Old 11-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Rookie

I don't think that X Ray is more resistant than Associated.

In conclusion I think that the best suggest is that of Wtcc:choose what YOU prefer;T3 and TC6 are good cars,if you prefer blue choose the american,if you prefer the orange choose the European
Old 11-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Funny have all these comments comparing the two keep popping up yet no one has driven a TC6 yet. Amazing
Old 11-02-2010, 09:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Funny have all these comments comparing the two keep popping up yet no one has driven a TC6 yet. Amazing
I raced against one with my xray but neither of us broke and the tc6 won
Old 11-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
I raced against one with my xray but neither of us broke and the tc6 won
So you're saying a factory driver beat you? NO WAY!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmig
Yeah--that's BS--the TC6 I've seen at WCRC run by one of the Assoc drivers has been bulletproof. I haven't seen him NOT finish a heat or main. And it's been really fast in the stock class--17.5 boosted esc.
FWIW
TIm
Bob Stellflue---one of Associated's team drivers and designers. I can't ever remember his car breaking -- and he's been one of the most dominant 17.5 w/ timing cars in the last 3 or 4 months of racing at WCRC. THe car has proven fast and reliable.

Xray makes an excellent product---it 's just going to cost you %25 or MORE than most other cars to purchase and maintain. Call it a Mercedes vs Chevy!!
The Chevies still win races!!
FWIW
T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.