Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin rs vs Hobbywing v2.1 vs Novak kinetic? >

Tekin rs vs Hobbywing v2.1 vs Novak kinetic?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin rs vs Hobbywing v2.1 vs Novak kinetic?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Tekin rs vs Hobbywing v2.1 vs Novak kinetic?

Heya guys I am about to start racing tc after running offroad 1/10 stock for a few years. We use all the speedys boost to similar effect, i was wondering what the opinion was for onroad? I will be running 21.5t in stock class as that is the motor rule for 2011 but which boost esc? I have a lot of experience with the tekin but have seen the novak and hobbywing/speed passion go super quick also.

So essentially my question is what esc for 21.5t?
Old 10-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am not a person you should ask what ESC is better for on road. But 95% of the people at my home track run the Tekin RS or RS pro. So naturally is the speed control I am going with.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by lookieaefanboi
I have a lot of experience with the tekin
I think you answered your own question.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lookieaefanboi
Heya guys I am about to start racing tc after running offroad 1/10 stock for a few years. We use all the speedys boost to similar effect, i was wondering what the opinion was for onroad? I will be running 21.5t in stock class as that is the motor rule for 2011 but which boost esc? I have a lot of experience with the tekin but have seen the novak and hobbywing/speed passion go super quick also.

So essentially my question is what esc for 21.5t?

Go with your knowledge and not the unknown. You wont fail with just the speedo as there is SO much else with you car that is just as important. Its the whole combo not just a couple of things.
Hope this helps.
Fordy
Old 10-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Tekin all the way.......
Old 10-31-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

ive used them all and i would say go with the tekin rs. the kinetic is a very nice esc, very smooth, and excellent brakes. the hobbywing v2.1 has the most rip out of all these esc's i find, but not as smooth as the tekin or kinetic. and of course the RS is fast as hell, smooth, small footprint, small cap... you just cant go wrong with the RS.

im currently using the hobbywing v2.1 in both my tc and 12th scale. only reason being is; i bought 2 of these esc's is still 40 bucks CDN cheaper than buying a kinetic or RS.

if you have the cash, go for the best!
Old 11-07-2010, 01:19 AM
Tech Regular

I have both the Hobbywing and the tekin. Out of the 2 I prefer the Tekin as it feels smoother regardless of setting them both up a closing as possible. Also with the Tekin you can adjust the max rpm ant that comes in handy when I use it for 1s 12th. Down points to the Tekin is needing to take a netbook to set it up.and that in my opinion is the best benefit to the Hobbywing. I also think that Hobbywing are trying to drive the prices of there speedos up making it no cheaper than speed passion. And let's face it the reason most of us used Hobbywing was the price.