R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   MAJOR/Confusing issue with CAR!!! PLEASE HELP!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/44780-major-confusing-issue-car-please-help.html)

atlrcracer 07-10-2004 12:42 PM

MAJOR/Confusing issue with CAR!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

This could be one of the most baffling car issues I have ever had.

Problem: Car will not accelerate, most of the times. I give it full throttle, and it just sits there. I then give it a little push from behind…and then it goes. It runs ok, as long as I don’t let it come to a compete or slow stop. When it does again, it will not go, not until I give it a little push again.

Areas that I have checked: NEW T1R car, NO binding at all. Without the motor installed, the car will roll down my driveway, no problem. NEW TO Rush 11X2 motor. The motor shaft spins pretty freely, with the obvious magnet forces.

Things I have tried:

New Rx,
New crystal
New ESC (confirmed working in another car)
4 types of battery packs, all work (according to charger, and when the car wants to run)
Dean Connectors

My setup:

ESC with Battery Ultra Deans
6-cell Fukayama Battery pack (4)
ESC Deans connector to Motor wires.
FM RX and Radio
LRP F1 PRO Reverse, no motor limit ESC
TO RUSH 11x2 motor

With the car on the working bench…I have tried:

Replacing ESC with a MC230CR
Replacing Motor with a Monster Torque 27t stock Motor
Direct solder ESC to Motor leads (on both motors)
Installed cap on Motors
Installed cap on Battery connect (on ESC side)
Tried all combinations of above mentioned options with motor installed and un-installed in the car.
Used a watt meter (Electronics are only pulling about 9amps, BOTH ESCs on both MOTORS)

No matter what combination I try...the outcome is the same. FULL servo operation....but no motor power. Then...I can disconnect the battery pack, motor and ESC...come back about 5 min. later, hook it all back up...and it works. The motor spins.....but only pulling about 7-9amps and the motor sound flucuates when i have it at 75% to full throttle. I start to ease off the throttle....to a stop, and BAM.....when i give it throttle again....NOTHING! No Amps....nothing! AHHHHH!!!!

This is killing me!! I feel like I have tried ALL possible options….and nothing has worked!

Any suggestions would be great…as all of this equipment has been run MAYBE 5-10 times….so it is “like new” condition!

Thank you

If you have any tips....and you can Email me....PLEASE DO!
[email protected]

kufman 07-10-2004 12:58 PM

I sent you an e-mail, it is from [email protected]

hobbipro 07-10-2004 01:02 PM

Did you try a different transmitter too? Sounds like you've pretty much tried everything.

Switch Blade 07-10-2004 01:04 PM

Have u tried changing the brushes and springs? One reason why your car isnt moving might be becasue a brush is"hung"(isnt that the correct term??anyways, i think it means when the brush doenst come in contact with the motor, and you wont have power...the same thing u are experienced has happened 2 me and all i did was pull the brush back, and let the spring snap it into position...try that mabe

berger 07-10-2004 01:15 PM

Sounds like a hung brush allthough i had something similar using modifieds when i didnt have enough shockety diodes installed, i added an extra one and it worked fine. Try that maybe?

Switch Blade 07-10-2004 05:40 PM

try using a cotton swab and soak it with motor spray, then insert it into the brush hoods and clean that area out. U wouldnt believe how filthy they can get...

S-T-R-l-K-E-R 07-10-2004 07:55 PM

i second the motion!! i'd say thats its a hung brush!!! also check cause some solder lead may have entered the brush hood

ajg 07-10-2004 08:07 PM

Replace the brushes and springs, I had the exact same problem with my tc3. :)

403forbidden 07-10-2004 08:13 PM

I had the exact same problem in my Xray EVO 2

It was a problem with the brushes like mentioned above...

check yo' brushes and report back

craziracer 07-10-2004 08:23 PM

that kinda sucks buying all that stuff and findout out u only had to change a brush thats only a few dollars

icon 07-10-2004 10:26 PM

this might sound stupid, but did you perhaps check the comm. on your motors for carbon buildup?

rc_bam226 07-10-2004 11:14 PM

Check the motor for everything, hung brushes, worn comm, burnt brushes, massive carbon build up on the comm...although...if you already replaced the motor....this a tough one....:(

Wency_TA03R-PRO 07-10-2004 11:47 PM

I agree to RC_BAM226 f you already did tried everything other racers suggest then this is definitely a tough one!!!! It also happen to me last 2 weeks.. after I replace the receiver module its runs great!!!.. It may not be on the cystal itself. Crystal on the receiver just received the command/signal from the transmitter radio and the receiver module will be the one the initiate or give the signal/command to the ESC on what it will do... Hope it solves the problem on your car..:nod: :cool: :eek:

atlrcracer 07-11-2004 12:52 PM

Well..thank you all for helping me out, i really appreciate it. I bought another motor and ESC (just to make sure i had my basis covered for a sunday garage work session. I first wanted to replace the motor. I bought a Reedy Spec 19 motor, hooked it up, and BAM.....works like new. I am still using my original F1 PRO reverse ESC too. So...it look like it was BOTH motors.....very wierd!

So...i will replace the brushes in the 27t motor, and I am sending the TO 11x2 motor back to TO...i just dont have a good feeling about it!

So....like they say, I guess you can really not have enough motors laying around....I now have a 11t, 19t and a 27t.

Thank you all...

Any good gearing tips? I am running the stock spur (93t,64p).

Thank you guys!

TCRacerPro 07-11-2004 01:41 PM

Kool! So i guesss you got it working!