Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone had problems with the stock servo saver?

I tried my Zero S for the first time today and had problems tracking straight when I accelerated hard. The car would start straight then veer in both directions as i struggled to keep it going straight. I run 11.5T mildly boosted.

I suspect it's the servo saver that's the problem. It's probably flexing too much. The plastic is just not rigid enough.

I've just changed to a Tamiya high torque servo saver, will see if that solves the problem. If not it could be a servo issue.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotdogs
Is the stock spur on this vehicle considered 64 pitch?
What size pinion would fit onto this car without modifications or upgraded parts?
I am thinking of club racing with a 17.5 motor
stock spur is 48pitch
Old 12-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipp

I tried my Zero S for the first time today and had problems tracking straight when I accelerated hard. The car would start straight then veer in both directions as i struggled to keep it going straight. I run 11.5T mildly boosted.

I suspect it's the servo saver that's the problem. It's probably flexing too much. The plastic is just not rigid enough.

I've just changed to a Tamiya high torque servo saver, will see if that solves the problem. If not it could be a servo issue.
i didn't border to use the stock servo saver coz i have several tamiya servo savers around. my car track straight
Old 12-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

http://www.rcdreamz.com.my/webshaper...oductItem=2032

can i using this type of servo horn..?
Old 12-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotdogs
Is the stock spur on this vehicle considered 64 pitch?
What size pinion would fit onto this car without modifications or upgraded parts?
I am thinking of club racing with a 17.5 motor
The stock spur is 48pitch as "over gear" had answered.
Your FDR (Final Drive Ratio) should be 4:1 if running a 17.5 Spec motor.

For the 80teeth 48pitch spur you can use a 38teeth 48pitch pinion gear, however, I doubt if the adjustment slots of the motor mount could accommodate the motor with the 38T pinion. That being the case, you might want to change the spur to 76teeth 48pitch and use a pinion of 36teeth to have a perfect gearing of 4:1. If the 76teeth spur is not available you can opt for the 75teeth 48pitch and still pair it with a 36T pinion gear.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Thanks guys. Ordered the new top deck. SAK-S16/WO Graphite Upper Deck For SAKURA ZERO S.. It the new one that works with the vertical motor mount.

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=5134

Noticed that I broke a front C-Hub. Good thing I got extras, anyone else breaking them?
Old 12-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I just looked at this chassis today in person. I'm kind of kicking my ass for buying a used TC5R when I could have bought virtually the same thing with the Sakura Zero S for even cheaper and it would have been brand new! Both chassis look very similair, I guess I'll chalk it up to being misinformed and not searching my options.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

kindly suggest an FDR for an 11.5T non-boosted/timing on this car. Much appreciated!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by zipp

Have you installed all three (3) servo saver springs (2 pieces silver and 1 piece gold) in the servo saver?
Old 12-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i had problems with 3racing servo savers from the past. Get something like what the nitro guys run, or go direct.

Kinda like unprotected sex
Old 12-17-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ahpeq_ong
http://www.rcdreamz.com.my/webshaper...oductItem=2032

can i using this type of servo horn..?
Yes you can, however, I strongly suggest not to. The supplied box stock servo saver is designed to absorb the impact of collision and to protect the steering servo from stripping the internal gears. The item you are referring to is a direct fit aluminum servo horn which will directly transfer the force of impact to the servo gears.

I would rather go for this item:
http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4067

It is an optional aluminum replacement for Tamiya servo savers but you can use it also for the Zero S.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by OverGeared
Have you installed all three (3) servo saver springs (2 pieces silver and 1 piece gold) in the servo saver?
Overgeared how did you install the springs?Its very hard to stretch them apart and put them together. Is there any techniques..
Old 12-17-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OverGeared
Yes I have. It was the horn that was flexing though, try pushing it sideways with your fingers, it flexes alot more than the tamiya high torque one. I guess that's why my car has difficulty tracking straight. It could be a glitch or servo issue but I doubt it, will try the tamiya servo saver and report how it goes.

Also bought the 3Racing aluminium horn that you posted in your previous post, will try that out too
Old 12-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CuLeX
Overgeared how did you install the springs?Its very hard to stretch them apart and put them together. Is there any techniques..
The smallest silver spring collar was a breeze to install, the second silver (medium) spring collar needed a little stretching to fit over the first spring. The gold spring is the one that requires much effort to install.

I used the rounded end of my screwdriver's handle. Placed the servo saver flat on the work table, positioned the gold spring on top of the servo saver and then used the rounded end of the screwdriver handle to press hard on the spring which in turn will stretch the spring open.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:51 AM
Tech Regular

Heads up guys... the Zero S is starting to make the news.

http://www.redrc.net/2010/12/lmi-win...1000-lap-race/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.