Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Old 04-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Get the X-ray hard front bumper and you won't break another part
Old 04-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

FYI in case anyone wants to know. I just installed a 72t 48p Kimbrough Spur and it fit perfectly into the spur holder. No cutting or grinding required. It was a tight and snug fit, which is a good thing.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rsawyers9
I snapped a front arm this evening. Glanced off a pipe on the straight and broke the RF arm through the outer hinge pin holes. After looking at the remaining bit of the arm it looks like there was a significant amount of air bubbles in the plastic along the break. Was this just a bad molding or are the arms really this fragile. I was running a 25.5t and the hit was not at all hard.

Also, which arms should I order. The Hard sak-25h or the sak-x02?
Sometimes a hit doesn't look hard but it is at the right angle. Over all the arms are very durable and I would not call them fragile. I do like the hard arms instead of the stock replacements but I have had good luck with both. It seems that the lighter looking impacts are more likely to break a part while the heavy impacts that should of broken parts leave the car untouched. Don't worry. The arms are not a weak point on this car.

As far as the xray bumper......take it or leave it. Some swear by it but I run the stock one and have not had any problems. Remember that the bumper absorbs shock. If it can not absorb shock it transmits that shock to other parts of the car to be absorbed there. Not saying the x ray bumper isn't a good upgrade but I wouldn't call it necessary.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have two of these cars now. I agree with the Xray bumper...it's awesome! It's a little thicker than the stock bumper and you'll have to get longer screws for the front - but it does save the front end! Also, the Parma bumper (it's a block of hard foam you have to shape and cut). It's 8" wide and cover more than most bumpers.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Broke the front outdrive (Sak09) after another car jumped barrier and hit mine tonight - this is the first thing that has broken in 6 months running (carpet and bitumen)

Noticed when ordering a couple new sets from the 3racing website that there is new part SAK09HD - Solid Axle Outer Joint(Heavy Duty)

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=5845

Anyone running these yet?
Have ordered a set and will feed back
Old 04-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mingnon
Broke the front outdrive (Sak09) after another car jumped barrier and hit mine tonight - this is the first thing that has broken in 6 months running (carpet and bitumen)

Noticed when ordering a couple new sets from the 3racing website that there is new part SAK09HD - Solid Axle Outer Joint(Heavy Duty)

Oh now I want a set. Looks like they are steel/aluminium from the price. have to be better than the plastic ones.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mingnon

Looking on 3racing website it says "SAK-09HD is upgrade parts.For use with SAK-02 and SAK-08"

those 2 part numbers are front spool parts. So my guess is the heavy duty outer joint only works with a solid axle / spool?
Old 04-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RicerX1
Looking on 3racing website it says "SAK-09HD is upgrade parts.For use with SAK-02 and SAK-08"

those 2 part numbers are front spool parts. So my guess is the heavy duty outer joint only works with a solid axle / spool?
Correct
Old 04-15-2012, 03:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey fellas, got a couple of questions...

Which vertical motor mount is the one to go for?

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=5135
or
http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=5208

Also, what upgrades would generally be recommended?
Thinking about sway bars and some better shocks too, I have the taller shock towers.
Would longer shocks or Sakura Zero shocks be recommended (or maybe some other 3 Racing shocks?).

I'm not really planing on racing it (maybe a rare meet here and there, I prefer off-road).
Old 04-15-2012, 03:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well im almost finished the build and got the alloy spur adaptor and 19t pulleys as suggested but the belts are really loose i never assembled the 20t pulley so i cant say whether that was too tight but do you really run the belts that loose? I moved the rear diff back by moving the bearing holder 2 notches which tightens the belt and lenghtens the wheelbase which should help with oversteer problems but now i guess ill get the belt tensioner for the front. I also noticed that after fitting the front alloy bulkhead covers you need 3mm spacers to get the roll centre back to standard and longer ball studs. Apart from that i am very impressed with the car considering its price although im sure 3racing will get back some cash from optional parts that ill fit.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shimmy
Hey fellas, got a couple of questions...

Which vertical motor mount is the one to go for?

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=5135
or
http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=5208

Also, what upgrades would generally be recommended?
Thinking about sway bars and some better shocks too, I have the taller shock towers.
Would longer shocks or Sakura Zero shocks be recommended (or maybe some other 3 Racing shocks?).

I'm not really planing on racing it (maybe a rare meet here and there, I prefer off-road).
You want the vertical motor mount part SAK-S17/PK.

The stock shocks are fine, but as you have the +4 shock towers they try the Tamiya TRF sedan shocks. Best in the biz.

I've tried the sway bars and didn't like how sensitive it made the car and took them off. That was indoors on carpet though so outside on asphalt mighe be different.

Last edited by SteveM; 04-16-2012 at 03:22 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanks for that mate, appreciate it.

I'll probably just use the stock shocks for a while until I can be bothered getting the TRF ones, unless I come across a deal I cant refuse.

I just bought a parts lot cheaply which came with a CF chassis, sway bars and a bunch of spares.
The local track here is ashpalt and is pretty decent, I ran it on it a little while ago and seemed to handle brilliantly, far better than I expected for the price (got it used for $60 with a few little extra bits).
Old 04-16-2012, 01:06 AM
GDF
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Narrow arms

I'm going to get the narrow arms, just want to make sure I can still use the rear stock swing shafts. Also, is this is the narrow arms from the sakura xi everyone else is using:

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=5286

Sorry if this was answered earlier, but I won't have to change anything else if I use the narrow arms right? I've already made all the changes to increase rear grip (softer rear springs, increased roll center, 3* toe, camber, stand-up shocks), but I still want more rear grip.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've been looking into the x1 arms and it seems that sak x01 is the part number for rear arms on the zero, the s and the x1, very confusing
Old 04-16-2012, 03:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shimmy
Thanks for that mate, appreciate it.

I'll probably just use the stock shocks for a while until I can be bothered getting the TRF ones, unless I come across a deal I cant refuse.
With the +4 shock towers you must run full size sedan shocks. The kit stock shorties won't work unless you go back to the stock shock towers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.