R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2012, 04:30 AM   #1471
Tech Master
 
malcnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DUNEDIN, NewZealand
Posts: 1,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDF View Post
I'm going to get the narrow arms, just want to make sure I can still use the rear stock swing shafts. Also, is this is the narrow arms from the sakura xi everyone else is using:

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=5286

Sorry if this was answered earlier, but I won't have to change anything else if I use the narrow arms right? I've already made all the changes to increase rear grip (softer rear springs, increased roll center, 3* toe, camber, stand-up shocks), but I still want more rear grip.
you will need 44 length shafts for those
__________________
SCHUMACHER MI5 EVO/TEAM POWERS/SANWA/DX4R PRO.

SERPENT F110/TEAMPOWERS 21.5.

LOSI 22 2.0/TEAM POWERS 8.5
malcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:33 AM   #1472
Tech Master
 
malcnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DUNEDIN, NewZealand
Posts: 1,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDF View Post
I'm going to get the narrow arms, just want to make sure I can still use the rear stock swing shafts. Also, is this is the narrow arms from the sakura xi everyone else is using:

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=5286

Sorry if this was answered earlier, but I won't have to change anything else if I use the narrow arms right? I've already made all the changes to increase rear grip (softer rear springs, increased roll center, 3* toe, camber, stand-up shocks), but I still want more rear grip.
you will need 44 shafts with those arms and nothing else needed.
__________________
SCHUMACHER MI5 EVO/TEAM POWERS/SANWA/DX4R PRO.

SERPENT F110/TEAMPOWERS 21.5.

LOSI 22 2.0/TEAM POWERS 8.5
malcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #1473
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 904
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
With the +4 shock towers you must run full size sedan shocks. The kit stock shorties won't work unless you go back to the stock shock towers.
I have the standard shock towers and shocks at the moment, so not really in a rush.
Shimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #1474
Tech Champion
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 5,633
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
I have the standard shock towers and shocks at the moment, so not really in a rush.
No need to change then.
SteveM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #1475
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northeast GA
Posts: 1,685
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
You want the vertical motor mount part SAK-S17/PK.

The stock shocks are fine, but as you have the +4 shock towers they try the Tamiya TRF sedan shocks. Best in the biz.

I've tried the sway bars and didn't like how sensitive it made the car and took them off. That was indoors on carpet though so outside on asphalt mighe be different.
Get to know the car and all of the tuning options really well then try the sway bar again. I run indoor carpet and love the way they fine tune the chassis. If you are trying to tune your driving or the car to make up .5 seconds then you probably won't want the sway bars but if you are hunting for the .1 or .05 advantage and that last little bit of perfect set up then the sway bars are wonderful. They can be very useful if you thoroughly understand the rest of the car. If not they just complicate things. It may also make them easier to use if you start with only the front bar and see how it changes the handling with each different bar. Then add the rear to really finish the set up.
__________________
3Racing Sakura XI 17.5 TC
Formula Rabbit (FGX conversion) 21.5
STRC LCG 2WD Slash 17.5
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:02 AM   #1476
Tech Master
 
bronc4now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hoffman Estates,IL
Posts: 1,378
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

I'm building my zero and had a few ?'s
I ended up getting a lot of upgrades and with the vertical motor plate I had to dremal some areas for clearance to get it on and for gear mesh 84/42 64p so far I don't see a problem, but I saw that I can't use the 4 holes to put bolts through ,motor mount has none and opposite side does because its the stock plastic pc ,I figured to keep it uniform I'd leave both sides off so ..in total I have 4 bolts in and 4 out in the rear ..is this normal or ok ...
__________________
RACE-BASH-CRAWL
Two many toys not enough time..
bronc4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #1477
Tech Champion
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 5,633
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronc4now View Post
I'm building my zero and had a few ?'s
I ended up getting a lot of upgrades and with the vertical motor plate I had to dremal some areas for clearance to get it on and for gear mesh 84/42 64p so far I don't see a problem, but I saw that I can't use the 4 holes to put bolts through ,motor mount has none and opposite side does because its the stock plastic pc ,I figured to keep it uniform I'd leave both sides off so ..in total I have 4 bolts in and 4 out in the rear ..is this normal or ok ...
Did you use the vertical mount SAK-S17/PK? This part includes alloy parts to support the center layshaft on both sides. There are 4 holes in the stock upper deck that are no longer used once the stock motor mount is replaced and I've not had any issues. I did buy and install an extra alloy vertical upper deck post (SAK-57/PK) to ensure that there wasn't any additional flex.
SteveM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #1478
Tech Master
 
bronc4now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hoffman Estates,IL
Posts: 1,378
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
Did you use the vertical mount SAK-S17/PK? This part includes alloy parts to support the center layshaft on both sides. There are 4 holes in the stock upper deck that are no longer used once the stock motor mount is replaced and I've not had any issues. I did buy and install an extra alloy vertical upper deck post (SAK-57/PK) to ensure that there wasn't any additional flex.
I'll take a look tonight not sure of part # but i thought there was only 1 vertical mount .and mine only came with one side the motor side ..
Also with the grinding I did to clear motor the top deck looks to be weak ill post a pic later to show ..
Thanks tho ..
__________________
RACE-BASH-CRAWL
Two many toys not enough time..
bronc4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #1479
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 388
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to RicerX1
Default

3Racing has multiple vertical motor mounts.

SAK-66/V2/PK is for the sakura zero as it already has a alloy stand opposite the motor mount.

SAK-S17/PK is for the sakura zero s and comes with an alloy stand because the zero s only comes with a plastic stand.

The one for the Zero S motor mount set only has holes for 2 screws while the stock one had holes for 4 screws.

The one for the Zero has no holes for the upper deck as the Zero upper deck doesn't even have holes to go to the motor mount. I don't have my carbon upper deck with me at work to show you the picture.

If you use the soft carbon upper deck SAK-38/WO it doesn't allow for any screws into the motor mount area.

I suspect that if you use the standard/hard carbon upper deck SAK-S16/WO you can put 2 holes into the motor mount. From what the pictures look like.

Here is a picture of mine. I'm using the original upper deck, which I filed down slightly. SAK-S17/PK the zero s version of the motor mount that comes with both sides. And you can


Sorry I know its confusing but this is the best I can explain it.

If you want a stiff chassis your best bet is to use SAK-S17/PK Motor Mount, and SAK-38/WO Upper deck.

If you want a softer chassis you can use either motor mount. and either upper deck.

Or you can do either and also go with SteveM 's idea, and just put in a vertical upper deck post (SAK-57/PK) with either setup to make it stiffer if needed.

That is the conclusion I came up to.
RicerX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #1480
Tech Master
 
bronc4now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hoffman Estates,IL
Posts: 1,378
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicerX1 View Post
3Racing has multiple vertical motor mounts.

SAK-66/V2/PK is for the sakura zero as it already has a alloy stand opposite the motor mount.

SAK-S17/PK is for the sakura zero s and comes with an alloy stand because the zero s only comes with a plastic stand.

The one for the Zero S motor mount set only has holes for 2 screws while the stock one had holes for 4 screws.

The one for the Zero has no holes for the upper deck as the Zero upper deck doesn't even have holes to go to the motor mount. I don't have my carbon upper deck with me at work to show you the picture.

If you use the soft carbon upper deck SAK-38/WO it doesn't allow for any screws into the motor mount area.

I suspect that if you use the standard/hard carbon upper deck SAK-S16/WO you can put 2 holes into the motor mount. From what the pictures look like.

Here is a picture of mine. I'm using the original upper deck, which I filed down slightly. SAK-S17/PK the zero s version of the motor mount that comes with both sides. And you can


Sorry I know its confusing but this is the best I can explain it.

If you want a stiff chassis your best bet is to use SAK-S17/PK Motor Mount, and SAK-38/WO Upper deck.

If you want a softer chassis you can use either motor mount. and either upper deck.

Or you can do either and also go with SteveM 's idea, and just put in a vertical upper deck post (SAK-57/PK) with either setup to make it stiffer if needed.

That is the conclusion I came up to.
thanks for that info . i see i do have the sak66/pk motor mount .
here is a pic

I am going to order a 2nd upper deck since i grinded this one down to much . if i can id like to get the other side pc also .
Attached Thumbnails
3Racing Sakura Zero S-img_0886.jpg  
__________________
RACE-BASH-CRAWL
Two many toys not enough time..
bronc4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #1481
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 388
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to RicerX1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronc4now View Post
thanks for that info . i see i do have the sak66/pk motor mount .
here is a pic

I am going to order a 2nd upper deck since i grinded this one down to much . if i can id like to get the other side pc also .
This side? this is the alloy stand that is opposite the motor mount that comes with the SAK-S17/PK
RicerX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #1482
Tech Addict
 
FauxMako's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicerX1 View Post
This side? this is the alloy stand that is opposite the motor mount that comes with the SAK-S17/PK
Unfortunately, I think the only way to get that "other side piece" is to order the Zero S vertical motor mount which comes with both sides of the lay shaft holder. (As opposed to the Zero vertical motor mount which only comes with the motor side lay shaft holder since the other side is already alloy on the Zero.)

Not sure if there is any noticeable performance difference between running one alloy and one frp piece or not.
__________________
Mike

3 3Racing Sakura Zeros: Mustang Boss VTA // Lexus LFA USGT // MazdaSpeed 6 TC
Mini M03 & M05
Life is better with a soundtrack
FauxMako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #1483
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 55
Default

Finally had some good weather here in Norway, set a new fastest lap for myself!
With good in April I mean +5-7 degrees Celsius, so for you americans thats pretty cold I think for driving outside on the asphalt!
I had some problems with not getting enough speed out on the straight, but I think my front belt is a little bit too loose.
My best for the day was 15.8 with 13.5T blinky, which is a new class we are setting up in Norway this year. 13.2 was the best time set by a modified driver on the same track today. So I'm not that far off.
Thomaseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #1484
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 67
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Need your help guys. I'm desperately trying to find a place that sells the SAK-32 aluminum rear bulkheads. Can someone find ANY in stock ANYWHERE ! ? I have all the other upgrades except this one. I'll need two pairs (for two cars). Someone please help!!!!

I've already checked rmart, rcmushroom, rcstation ebay...this forum etc.....
__________________
John Hollestelle
Ontario Canada

Associated 12r5.1 Yokomo R12 World's Hobbywing Team Fantom Spektrum
Pokey72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #1485
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northeast GA
Posts: 1,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokey72 View Post
Need your help guys. I'm desperately trying to find a place that sells the SAK-32 aluminum rear bulkheads. Can someone find ANY in stock ANYWHERE ! ? I have all the other upgrades except this one. I'll need two pairs (for two cars). Someone please help!!!!

I've already checked rmart, rcmushroom, rcstation ebay...this forum etc.....
Try hotshot rc in marietta Georgia.
__________________
3Racing Sakura XI 17.5 TC
Formula Rabbit (FGX conversion) 21.5
STRC LCG 2WD Slash 17.5
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sakura Zero - New Touring Car! InZane Electric On-Road 1355 02-14-2014 05:14 PM
New to the RC scene...need some help! Jmoney12 Rookie Zone 13 06-15-2010 10:21 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:20 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0