R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #1261
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I use them just fine. I added the 2mm shock spacers in the rear to get my ride height where i want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban View Post
would Associate springs tc3 work on stock shocks
pejota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #1262
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcadigital View Post
Just an FYI, I have yet to break any front plastics with the Xray bumper. Another guy at the track without one broke stuff almost nightly. Since he did the bumper, he has not had any broken pieces that I know of.
I'm that guy. The X-Ray hard bumper makes bricks look soft. It looks just like any other bumper, but the foam is SOLID. I broke C-hubs, front arms and steering knuckles regularly with the stock bumper. Swapped to the X-Ray hard bumper (direct replacement) and haven't broken one front end part since. They might be a little hard to find and since it says X-Ray on the package they are expensive ($13 or so) but I doubt you'll ever need to buy another one.

3 3Racing Sakura Zeros: Mustang Boss VTA // Lexus LFA USGT // MazdaSpeed 6 TC
Mini M03 & M05
Life is better with a soundtrack
FauxMako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #1263
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxMako View Post
I'm that guy. The X-Ray hard bumper makes bricks look soft. It looks just like any other bumper, but the foam is SOLID. I broke C-hubs, front arms and steering knuckles regularly with the stock bumper. Swapped to the X-Ray hard bumper (direct replacement) and haven't broken one front end part since. They might be a little hard to find and since it says X-Ray on the package they are expensive ($13 or so) but I doubt you'll ever need to buy another one.
+1

CARCAR VP carcar.ca
Madulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #1264
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If you can't find an Xray hard bumper you might want to try Parma's Ultimate Bumper for an Xray.
http://www.shopatron.com/products/pr...134.0.0?pp=15&

I used one on another car and it's about the same density as the Xray one.
rcgerber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #1265
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
LOL sorry Mike, I didn't want to call you out. I am happy to see you actually enjoying your time between heats instead of scrambling to rebuild the front end of your car.

"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
orcadigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #1266
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcadigital View Post
LOL sorry Mike, I didn't want to call you out. I am happy to see you actually enjoying your time between heats instead of scrambling to rebuild the front end of your car.
Yeah, now I have to find a use for the stack of left side C-hubs I've accumulated. Seems the right side of the car was defective.

USPS Tracking says the rest of my parts should arrive today (screws and that last elusive suspension mount), so I should be running on the narrow chassis Saturday.

Mini M03 & M05
Old 02-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #1267
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yeah, now I have to find a use for the stack of left side C-hubs I've accumulated. Seems the right side of the car was defective.

USPS Tracking says the rest of my parts should arrive today (screws and that last elusive suspension mount), so I should be running on the narrow chassis Saturday.
Yeah, stay off the inside of the sweeper. Or if you insist on hitting it, when you are flying through the air at that metal girder, try to hit it with the left side of the car.

Excellent! I actually just sold my front aluminum 0/0 mounts and had to convert to the narrows...those are all in stock! I like the narrow chassis, i don't drag the sides. Now if I wasn't going to sell the car, I would probably be more upset about still not being able to get those weights that fit into the square holes in it.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #1268
Tech Apprentice

Do I have to use the graphite upper deck with the vertical mount? I cant seem to get the plastic upper deck to fit
Thomaseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #1269
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomaseh View Post
Do I have to use the graphite upper deck with the vertical mount? I cant seem to get the plastic upper deck to fit
Sorta. You can dremel/file away the intervening FRP material and use the stock top deck, or you can get the carbon replacement with no modifications necessary.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #1270
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomaseh View Post
I thought of doing the Dremel mods to the stock deck when I went with the vertical motor mount, but in the end I just bought the graphite one to suit instead.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #1271
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeadman View Post
this is just a random question, but has anyone tried to run the smaller front pulley to get a overdrive of the front wheels?

What kind of changes to handling would that produce? Not that I'm looking to change it just struck me as a possible tuning option.

Cheers
This was one of the tuning options/features with the Losi XXX-S sedan and you may want to DL a copy of that manual to read.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #1272
Tech Addict

Rcplatform on eBay just posted up the lay shaft/spacer set and the aluminum spur gear holder. Get em while you can. Hopefully that means they'll be in stock other places soon as well.

Mini M03 & M05
Old 02-16-2012, 10:53 PM   #1273
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks orcadigital for the detailed response. I think I will forget about stocking spare suspension parts and go for the xray bumper. I plan on using a 23t pinion so i don't think the vertical mount wouldn't be needed.
TB03Racer09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #1274
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB03Racer09 View Post
thanks orcadigital for the detailed response. I think I will forget about stocking spare suspension parts and go for the xray bumper. I plan on using a 23t pinion so i don't think the vertical mount wouldn't be needed.
Don't give up on spares. Murphy's Law......you will only break the part you don't have.
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:13 AM   #1275
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
I thought of doing the Dremel mods to the stock deck when I went with the vertical motor mount, but in the end I just bought the graphite one to suit instead.
I did a Dremel fix to it, like I did with the bottom plate. It is a tight fit, but I have used so much money for upgrades now, so I dont want to buy another thing. Going to run my car for the first time in a tournament. Have just driven with some guys at a small local indoor track.
Thomaseh is offline   Reply With Quote