R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-06-2012, 06:18 AM   #1186
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I cracked the upper front bumper body post support and need a replace,emt. Anyone know the stock part number or better yet, the graphite version from the Zero? I don't see this part listed on the web pages or in the manuals.
SteveM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #1187
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
I cracked the upper front bumper body post support and need a replace,emt. Anyone know the stock part number or better yet, the graphite version from the Zero? I don't see this part listed on the web pages or in the manuals.
http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4038
This one?
Old 02-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #1188
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf92 View Post
That just might be the part. The TT01 designation at the beginning of the item number had me thinking it was for the Tamiya TT-01 sedan and not the Sakura. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #1189
Tech Initiate

Hey Luda... I run silvercan with gear ratio 4.0 - 4.1.
At the Racing lines International in Auckland I ran 21.5 with gear ratio of 4.3 - 4.4. but you will need to watch temps. different motors different temps. I had the viper vxt with fantom 21.5 and my temps were approx 60*c.
Dave
davenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #1190
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks Dave that is a great help

SERCCC, www.serccc.com
Space for rent!
luda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:55 AM   #1191
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does anyone know of a place with the SAK-06 (pulley shaft) in stock or alternatively know somewhere you can buy a M12 x 0.85mm washer from?

Thanks!

SERCCC, www.serccc.com
Space for rent!
luda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #1192
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
That just might be the part. The TT01 designation at the beginning of the item number had me thinking it was for the Tamiya TT-01 sedan and not the Sakura. Thanks.
There is not one made specifically for the Sakura in CF. You can get the whole bumper/body post parts tree from 3 Racing, or you can use one of the many Tamiya options that bolt on the same. I have a tamiya composite one on my car right now that came off a 417 (when a friend upgraded to the CF one for his car).

"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
orcadigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #1193
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcadigital View Post
There is not one made specifically for the Sakura in CF. You can get the whole bumper/body post parts tree from 3 Racing, or you can use one of the many Tamiya options that bolt on the same. I have a tamiya composite one on my car right now that came off a 417 (when a friend upgraded to the CF one for his car).
I cannot find the stock part tree part number to order the stock upper brace. They do list the lower bumper but the part tree does not include the upper brace. The Sakura Zero (not the S) comes stock with a graphite upper brace but the manual doesn't list a part number for this either. The part number TT01-M18U is listed on the 3Racing web pages and is identified as fitting the Zero S model so I ordered one.

I wish there was a cross reference chart that shows what parts from other cars, such as Tamiya and Xray, also fit the Sakura. Does anyone have such a list?
Old 02-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #1194
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
I wish there was a cross reference chart that shows what parts from other cars, such as Tamiya and Xray, also fit the Sakura. Does anyone have such a list?
Steve I am not trying to bash you in anyway but more of my thoughts on Sakura. It's not enough that they made exact copies of products from both XRAY and Tamiya but now there needs to be a reference to know what all products they made the exact copies of? Understand thousands of dollars and man hours going into designing, testing and producing products and to have a copy have no respect for this and produce in a country that has no copyright laws which allow for this is just wrong.

For Scott But it is the way I feel about this car.

Now feel free to blast me for stepping into this thread and voicing my opinion.
Kyosho MP9 TKI3 / Electric / WTF
AE B44.3 / ORCA VXX / D4 7.5
MCSEDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #1195
Tech Elite

Quote:
I cannot find the stock part tree part number to order the stock upper brace. They do list the lower bumper but the part tree does not include the upper brace. The Sakura Zero (not the S) comes stock with a graphite upper brace but the manual doesn't list a part number for this either. The part number TT01-M18U is listed on the 3Racing web pages and is identified as fitting the Zero S model so I ordered one.

Sorry, it comes with SAK-S06, the bulkhead pieces.

There is no cross reference, nor would any manufacturer ever produce one, as each wants you to buy their cars and their parts. It might also call some questions into manufacturers and copyright infringements.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #1196
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSEDanny View Post
Steve I am not trying to bash you in anyway but more of my thoughts on Sakura. It's not enough that they made exact copies of products from both XRAY and Tamiya but now there needs to be a reference to know what all products they made the exact copies of? Understand thousands of dollars and man hours going into designing, testing and producing products and to have a copy have no respect for this and produce in a country that has no copyright laws which allow for this is just wrong.

Welcome to my source for the Tamiya composite one on my car

He is just angry because he always beats me. He says my car keeps falling apart because the pieces are rebelling. My Xray wheel nuts holding on my HPI wheels to my Tamiya axles with TC6 blades into Tamiya outdrives connected to a 3Racing spool...

Old 02-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #1197
Tech Champion

Quote:

I feel so dirty.....so very dirty and ashamed to race a Sukura. I am unworthy.

Last edited by SteveM; 12-24-2015 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #1198
Tech Master

Quote:

Whatever. We have had this discussion already. I have a great idea. Lets remove all of the affordable tc chassis from the market and only allow $500 tamiya and x ray chassis to race. That would push me out of rc. With that kind of $$$$$ just to race a toy car? Better spent on my 2 corvettes.

I think you may want to do a little reflecting especially since you regularly race against a handful of these cars. If the sakura wasn't there who would you have to race against? Would you be having any fun if you had 2 xrays and 1 associated to race every weekend? Maybe a new guy would show up with an e10 so you could embarrass him right out of rc.

As far as being made in China why don't you flip over your ps3 next time you think about it. Holy **** its made in China. wonder who stole that copyright. There's no law so they must have stolen it. Right?????

By the way tamiya parts are not a direct fit on this car. They require modification. A friend. of mine just tried and they are not a bolt on. As far as parts interchange its nothing new. I've been interchangeing parts on cars for years. Guess what????? its not that hard to put a Chevy alternator on a datsun 240z. Call the copyright police someone in gonna be pissed.

Look at every car and you will find similarities. You take the best from each manufacturer and put it together into one serious car. Look at a lot of the dragsters over the years. A Chrysler hemi engine a Chevy powerglide transmission an a Ford 9 inch differential on a custom frame. Maybe each of these manufacturers should be suing the drag racing industry.

Appreciate the fact that 3 racing has made a car that is actually affordable so people can race with you instead of bashing a chassis because you don't like where it is manufactured.
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #1199
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:

So basically you are telling me that the few parts that will fit the Tamiya that are made for Xray(ECS axles etc.) then we should be filling a law suit against Tamiya for copyright infringement since they stole the part from XRAY! The sad truth of the deal is that all maunfactures will have some parts that will fit others cars and trucks. Beside the main reason the hand full of parts that interchange between the Tamiya and the Zero are because it was a lead designer that designed the TRF416 left from Tamiya and went to 3 Racing and designed the Zero.
The S model is just a low price option for the racers to run a TC (It was meant for classes like VTA LOW COST RACING AS AN ENTRY LEVEL RACERS CLASS). I find alot of humor when I race my Sakura Zero against the other chassis that cost $$$$$$ and I beat alot of them. I also dont race but an average of once every 2 to 3 weeks and am still able to keep up with the higher price chassis.
Maybe we should look at the evoloution of the Zero into the XI which will still use some of the parts from the Zero but is a whole new chassis, Maybe 3 Racing should sue themselves for that mistake. It still amazes me that people who dont even like this chassis care so much about them and continue to talk about them.
I just remembered that Protoform is making a body called the JT71 i believe and this is a copy of the original AMC Javelin. The most amazing thing about that is they are both American made in the land of Copyrights but yet they dont have racers bashing them for what they have stolen and continue to make money from.
I'm sorry for the long post but I'm getting tired of hearing how bad this chassis is and how the people who race them should be ashamed for driving them. I don't normally say anything and am a very laid back person but enough is enough. This is a hobby, they are toy cars, and we are being children inside for racing them(Playing with them). The purpose of a hobby is to enjoy it and not take it so seriously, If you want to run the Sakura Zero chassis then you should and just remember its a hobby.
For ALL:

It does'nt matter if you win by an inch or a mile Winning is Winning!!!!!
jemavk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #1200
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

+ a lot for jemavk
If everybody was complaining about parts that look a like then no manufacturer would be alive anymore.
Stop wining about parts that could be used on another chassis or are maybe a copy of another part from a different car.
Put your money where your mouth is and beat the car.
If not shut up and try to keep up
If you can't keep up with your shimy shimy multi dollar car against a low cost car you might have to pick your brain and wonder if this is the right class to drive in.
Ow and buy the way i did own a Sakura Zero and loved to race it.
Shame i don''t race it any more due to running just one class TC and that is a one brand class

regards Roy
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote