Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
3Racing Sakura Zero S >

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Old 01-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Ok, so ready to pull the trigger on one of these but can't find a single location that has the kit, 19t pulley, laydown adapter, vertical motor mount, etc all in one. At this point I would have to order from 3 locations. Figured that starts adding up on shipping. Integy seems to have great kit price but no parts, TQrcracing says out of stock on kit and parts for pulley, and rc mart has the remaining parts. Trying to get best price as possible. Is this the norm? I am also willing to buy a used one with these parts already if the price is right, but do not see many for sale.

Rob
Old 01-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robudda723
Ok, so ready to pull the trigger on one of these but can't find a single location that has the kit, 19t pulley, laydown adapter, vertical motor mount, etc all in one. At this point I would have to order from 3 locations. Figured that starts adding up on shipping. Integy seems to have great kit price but no parts, TQrcracing says out of stock on kit and parts for pulley, and rc mart has the remaining parts. Trying to get best price as possible. Is this the norm? I am also willing to buy a used one with these parts already if the price is right, but do not see many for sale.

Rob
Sadly, your experience is the norm.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Rob
Check out here they are a touch more than TQ but it's in stock. http://www.hotshothobby.com/SAKURA-Z...KITSAKURA2.htm
This is my local track/shop's site and they carry 3racing. The only thing they might not have in stock that you might need is the aluminum gear adapter for the lay shaft pulleys. They might have it in stock but not have it on the site you could give them a call just to be on the safe side.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi all,

I'm planning sakura zero s as my touring kit (previously as drift machine). Is there anything that i should upgrade and what is the essential spare part that i must have. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by apique_14
Hi all,

I'm planning sakura zero s as my touring kit (previously as drift machine). Is there anything that i should upgrade and what is the essential spare part that i must have. Thanks in advance.
We just had a discussion on the spare parts and upgrades. Look at the last 10 pages and most of your questions will be answered.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcgerber
Check out here they are a touch more than TQ but it's in stock. http://www.hotshothobby.com/SAKURA-Z...KITSAKURA2.htm
This is my local track/shop's site and they carry 3racing. The only thing they might not have in stock that you might need is the aluminum gear adapter for the lay shaft pulleys. They might have it in stock but not have it on the site you could give them a call just to be on the safe side.
I race at this shop as well. Great place. I try to get everything I can from them. They can go through stock pretty quick so if it is backordered, not ordered meaning 3racing is out of stock and they can't get it right now I will use rc Mart.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

OK...what if we don't change the 10t pulleys...any problems with bend parts from the stress...OR just rolling resistance?
Old 01-27-2012, 03:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vti-chris
OK...what if we don't change the 10t pulleys...any problems with bend parts from the stress...OR just rolling resistance?
If you stick with the kit stock 20T center layshaft pulleys then the belts may be a bit tight. The bearing holders on each diff use a cam to adjust belt tension so try setting those as loose as possible and see how it goes.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:39 AM
Tech Master

Can i use pinions ranging from 17-25 if i keep the standard motor mount?
Old 01-27-2012, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

No problems using the kit 20t. The belt will be snug but it will start to stretch after a few runs.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Did a search and could not find anything firm on this. How are the tires that come with the kit on carpet? Also are the rims pretty sturdy? They run sweeps a lot here and can save $13 if I just get tires and mount to these rims.

I am pretty frugal when I can be (Since I also fly Helis, and launch High Power Rockets), buying good used and only buying things that are needed and not for the cool factor. So any time I can save a buck here, means I can buy the other things I need to spread around all my Hobbies.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 01-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Did a search and could not find anything firm on this. How are the tires that come with the kit on carpet? Also are the rims pretty sturdy? They run sweeps a lot here and can save $13 if I just get tires and mount to these rims.

I am pretty frugal when I can be (Since I also fly Helis, and launch High Power Rockets), buying good used and only buying things that are needed and not for the cool factor. So any time I can save a buck here, means I can buy the other things I need to spread around all my Hobbies.

Thanks,
Rob
It is a treaded tire that wears pretty quickly. Not quite as sticky as HPI X-Patterns, and definitely don't last as long. The wheels are fine, nothing special or otherwise.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SAKURA PARTS

Hey guys - there are many places that stock parts for these cars. Have a look at any one of these websites:

rcstation
hksrc
stellamodels
integy
rcmushroom
rcmart

My favourite is rcmushroom!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

Can i use pinions ranging from 17-25 if i keep the standard motor mount?
With the standard motor mount you can probably go up to about 55t or so (64p) before you'll hit the top plate.

With the vertical motor mount, the pinion starts hitting the arm around 53 or so (depends on the size of the spur since there is some front to back play based on the size of both gears).
Old 01-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

I mean what pinions can i use before i won't be able to set gear mesh because of the spur gear holes not aligning?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.