R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #1051
Tech Fanatic
 
mingnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sutherland Shire
Posts: 962
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
No Sak 14 though.
come to think about it, havent seen the sak14 - downstop protection plate bits for a while, hmmm
__________________
---------------------------SMA The Home of GREAT Racing------------------------------
mingnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #1052
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingnon View Post
Do you have the part no's for this, will have a look as well. Have been taping the narrow chassis, and where i am (Aus) we can charge lipo in car which does save some hassles.
Yes it's 67841 sorry I can't post up links yet, theres one on eBay and for pics check post #54 on the HB TCX thread
kosmickid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #1053
Tech Fanatic
 
mingnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sutherland Shire
Posts: 962
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmickid View Post
Yes it's 67841 sorry I can't post up links yet, theres one on eBay and for pics check post #54 on the HB TCX thread
Cheers, appreciate the part number can chase it up :-)
__________________
---------------------------SMA The Home of GREAT Racing------------------------------
mingnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #1054
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 37
Default

Newbie Note:

If you are ordering the Alum bulk heads and covers be sure to order the spacers that go under the ball studs. Now I have to make another order.
cannon fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:10 AM   #1055
Tech Champion
 
nexxus's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 7,652
Trader Rating: 290 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon fodder View Post
Newbie Note:

If you are ordering the Alum bulk heads and covers be sure to order the spacers that go under the ball studs. Now I have to make another order.
Yeah found that out the hard way too
nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:25 AM   #1056
Tech Champion
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 5,622
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon fodder View Post
Newbie Note:

If you are ordering the Alum bulk heads and covers be sure to order the spacers that go under the ball studs. Now I have to make another order.
How thick are the spaces supposed to be?
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:10 AM   #1057
Tech Elite
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Just order the complete spacer set as you need them to fine tune the car.
I used the 4 or 5MM spacers but some one else could find these to be to thick because of there driving skills.

regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
How thick are the spaces supposed to be?
__________________
l===/o\===l
[_]-###-[_] V-link proto type Pro10,JKMR P235-SE Pro10
P235-VL Pro10 comming soon
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:38 AM   #1058
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
How thick are the spaces supposed to be?
The instructions show M3 x 6 x 3.0.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1778

Those I believe are what is in the instructions.


I wish TQRC had the steering system back in stock.
cannon fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #1059
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northeast GA
Posts: 1,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon fodder View Post
Newbie Note:

If you are ordering the Alum bulk heads and covers be sure to order the spacers that go under the ball studs. Now I have to make another order.
??????? Why did you find the spaces to be necessary? I didn't use any And the lower ball location lowers the roll center of the chassis. We had one chassis where the outdrive cup rubbed the bottom of the ball stud but all you need to do is rotate the cam the other way to tension the belt. Rotate so the outdrive cups go down and not up.
__________________
3Racing Sakura XI 17.5 TC
Formula Rabbit (FGX conversion) 21.5
STRC LCG 2WD Slash 17.5
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #1060
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 136
Default sakura fdr

hi guys.>im from malaysia...currently im running sakuras new x1>and i need some help here, i am tryin to set my car up for my 17.5t stock
the issues that i am facing is the fdr for my local track...its a high speed track..and many racers using xray and tamiya are able to achieve fdr 3.1
however as for my car i am only able to go as klowest as 3.8
due to the limited space for the size of my pinion. i have tried other options like changin the centre pulley to acheive smaller internal ratio..but this would put alot of tension on my belts....
i need help on this....
i cant keep up with other racers even with good racing line due to the difference in the fdr....
sos......desperate for help.....
xiswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #1061
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiswell View Post
hi guys.>im from malaysia...currently im running sakuras new x1>and i need some help here, i am tryin to set my car up for my 17.5t stock
the issues that i am facing is the fdr for my local track...its a high speed track..and many racers using xray and tamiya are able to achieve fdr 3.1
however as for my car i am only able to go as klowest as 3.8
due to the limited space for the size of my pinion. i have tried other options like changin the centre pulley to acheive smaller internal ratio..but this would put alot of tension on my belts....
i need help on this....
i cant keep up with other racers even with good racing line due to the difference in the fdr....
sos......desperate for help.....
Have you tried using the 37t pulleys with the 20t centre pulley. They will fit

That will give your car a 1.85 internal ratio

Then a 65t spur with a 38t pinion (if it will fit) can get you down to 3.16 FDR
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #1062
Tech Addict
 
wollow86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hobart
Posts: 707
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

You can custom drill holes in a 60t spur to fit. That's the smallest you can go. The other thing that can help is to use the Sakura zero vertical motor mount, you only want the motor mount root. You can get slightly more pinion Clarence with that. Probably get into 40+ pinion range.
__________________
Supporting Aussie hobby shops:
- www.MRJRacing.com.au - - www.feralbatteries.com.au - - www.actionrc.com.au -
wollow86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #1063
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 136
Default

Have you tried using the 37t pulleys with the 20t centre pulley. They will fit

That will give your car a 1.85 internal ratio

Then a 65t spur with a 38t pinion (if it will fit) can get you down to 3.16 FDR



thanks for the advice...that would be a good try..initially ive tried changin the centre pulley to 22T but never droped the #8T pulleys..no wonder the belts are so tight..! however even with the verticle motor mount and its motor root..i was able to acheive only max 34T(48 pitch)
but as for the 64 pitch i was able to max up till 45T however it is pointless..coz the lowest spur for 64 pitch is only 87T....so practically back to square 1....
xiswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #1064
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wollow86 View Post
You can custom drill holes in a 60t spur to fit. That's the smallest you can go. The other thing that can help is to use the Sakura zero vertical motor mount, you only want the motor mount root. You can get slightly more pinion Clarence with that. Probably get into 40+ pinion range.
greetings..yes ive ady drilled holes in the 65T (48pitch) and tried...still not enuf to get low fdr..ill need smaller spurs
what would be the smallest spur available for 48pitch and 64pitch..
coz frankly i cant find any smaller spurs so far in my area and this would be the lowest it can find 64pitch-87T 48 pitch-65T

please correct me if im wrong...after multiple test...i feel...tht stock cars for 17.5T would benifit more from 48pitch gearing system as it generates more torque compared to the 64pitch....although its much more quiet and smoother...and hence it would be able to reach higher rpms in a shorter time...?
could anyone please share....

everyday is a new learnin curve....still learnin....
xiswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #1065
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northeast GA
Posts: 1,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiswell View Post
greetings..yes ive ady drilled holes in the 65T (48pitch) and tried...still not enuf to get low fdr..ill need smaller spurs
what would be the smallest spur available for 48pitch and 64pitch..
coz frankly i cant find any smaller spurs so far in my area and this would be the lowest it can find 64pitch-87T 48 pitch-65T

please correct me if im wrong...after multiple test...i feel...tht stock cars for 17.5T would benifit more from 48pitch gearing system as it generates more torque compared to the 64pitch....although its much more quiet and smoother...and hence it would be able to reach higher rpms in a shorter time...?
could anyone please share....

everyday is a new learnin curve....still learnin....
The pitch of the gear has nothing to do with the torque applied. It is all in the number of teeth on the pinion and spur. Some say a larger spur pinion combination produces more torque but I believe that this is irrelevant but I'm about to give it a try anyway.

I use a 88 tooth 64 pitch spur. I have plenty of room for a 50 tooth pinion on the zero. As your car is the xi I can't comment on how much room you have. You will have to grind a little of the spur for the gear holders to fit but its easy to do and only takes a few minutes.
__________________
3Racing Sakura XI 17.5 TC
Formula Rabbit (FGX conversion) 21.5
STRC LCG 2WD Slash 17.5
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sakura Zero - New Touring Car! InZane Electric On-Road 1355 02-14-2014 05:14 PM
New to the RC scene...need some help! Jmoney12 Rookie Zone 13 06-15-2010 10:21 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:03 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0