Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Just finished putting mine together...

The only things i really wish i had were the vertical mount and the optional 37 tooth gears for the gear diffs. I have to get down to a 4.0 (or lower) FDR for VTA.

If i read that chart correctly, the 37/20 gear set gets the internal ratio lower which will help with the FDR and the problem of the belt being tight.

OH! One other thing i wish i had was 2* and 6* degree C-hubs. I thought i saw those as option parts when the car first came out, but can't seem to find some now... any clues?
Old 11-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Xray T2 C-Hubs are a direct Fit and available in those degrees. Cost mroe than anything 3Racing make, but better quality and gives you the changed angle.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Xray T2 steering blocks also direct fit.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default C hubs & Degrees

Hello everyone I run my Sakura S in VTA up here in Canada. The only differance in VTA rules between US and Canada is motor size. We run a 21.5. I've been running this car for two seasons now, and have not had to replace a single part yet. It's a great car. I'm running 64 pitch gears 47p & 104s for a FDR of 4.20, and everything else is kit stock. But more to the point of my post. I see a few of you are talking about C hubs and their degees. Is this the degrees of caster that is built into the C hubs?? and if so how does this affect the handling of the car?
Old 11-18-2011, 11:10 PM
Tech Initiate

iirc more castor gives slower turn in but more steering under power on the way out of the corner...
Old 11-21-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rodarbal
So I'm pretty certain I'm going to order a Zero S. I've skimmed through this thread, but admittedly haven't made the time to read each and every page. Huckman (Mike) races locally with me and is a huge proponent of the Zero S. Unfortunately, I only get to chat with him on Saturdays when we're racing. LOL. Anyway, he and the rest of this thread has convinced me this is quite possibly THE best bang for the buck when it comes to belt-driven TC cars. I know I'm going to order the following with it:
  • Extra A-arms
  • Extra hubs
  • Extra C-carriers
  • Extra A-arm mounts
  • Aluminum, vertical motor mount

I won't order a new top plate as I understand only a little mod is needed to use the stocker.

I see there are mixed opinions on whether or not smaller pulleys are needed. I think Mike slotted some screw holes and was able to get some loose and smooth front belt action. Any other thoughts on this?

I'll need a 4.6:1 FDR for the GT class I run and am currently running 48P gears in my shafties, but will most likely switch over to 64P with the Zero S. Has anyone run into any problems running small spurs? I see some of y'all have super huge pinions. I'm trying to avoid the extra rotating mass.

Good parts list. I have broken all of the above except for the a arm mounts. Not the cars fault at all but rather high speed run ins with an unforgiving wall.

As for the belt tension use the 19 tooth pulleys on the aluminium holder. You won't be disappointed.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:40 AM
Tech Adept

Yep, ditto for me, broke all of them except the a arms.

Motor mount not necessary either but try to get the alum steering, that broke for me after a big hit.

Since making those changes, car has been solid.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BCZero
Yep, ditto for me, broke all of them except the a arms.

Motor mount not necessary either but try to get the alum steering, that broke for me after a big hit.

Since making those changes, car has been solid.
only mentioned the mount because it makes it so much easier to change the pinion if you are using aftermarket spur gears.

good point on the steering. I haven't had problems with mine but I can definitely see the possibility.

Overall this is an extremely durable car. Honestly everything I have broken has been my fault not the cars.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

where in the u.s i can order this car??...i would love to try 1
Old 11-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by starrx
where in the u.s i can order this car??...i would love to try 1
tqrcracing.com
hkshobby.com

or

rcplatform on ebay from hong kong

I've ordered just about everything on my Zero from rcplatform on eBay with great results. USPS tracking number. They combine shipping costs. Shipping has been about a week every time but once at that was 10 days.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FauxMako
I haven't see anyone break any hubs or arms. Spares are never bad, but unless you are breaking them on other cars in your class you may be able to skip them.

Haven't verified it personally but a chart was posted here:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/9694373-post651.html
of all the possible gearing combinations that would mount up.

As far as slotting screw holes to loosen up the front belt that only ones I can think of slotting would be the spur gear shaft screws. I'd be worried slotting the holes for the spur gear shaft that it would end up running at an angle and cause gear mesh issues. The force of the belts pulling one side to the front and one side to the rear would be trying to rotate it all the time. Could cause some binding as well.

Some have posted that the belt that comes with the Zero S kit and the belt you get when you order the option part aren't the same belt. Haven't confirmed that either.

I solved it with the alum spur gear holder and 19T pullies. Side effect is that it makes your IDR 2.0 and all that math becomes so much easier
19T pulleys works, and I can say the replacement belt is different then the kit belt. Same number of teeth, but with the 19t pulley and the replacement belt, and I have a ton of adjustment. I am set right about in the middle of the diff adjustments right now with a very loose belt.

The 19t center pulley seems a better option then the 37t diff gears, as replacing the spur gear mounts is another good upgrade, and you are right there for the center pulley set. It also gives you an IDR of 2.0, which makes FDR calcs easy.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FauxMako
tqrcracing.com
hkshobby.com

or

rcplatform on ebay from hong kong

I've ordered just about everything on my Zero from rcplatform on eBay with great results. USPS tracking number. They combine shipping costs. Shipping has been about a week every time but once at that was 10 days.
Don't forget rcmart aka dinball on eBay. I got almost everything for my car from them with excellent results.

I have to say I am not a fan of HKS at all. Big buyer beware. Some people love them. My only question is.........Are you a betting man? I lay down 10:1 you get satisfactory results
Old 11-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 6376vette
Don't forget rcmart aka dinball on eBay. I got almost everything for my car from them with excellent results.
Being in Australia, we have no 3Racing dealers, so i use rcmart and rc-mushroom both fantastic and i get roughly 3 days postage to australia everytime without fail. Im assuming to the US it would be similar, dont even need to use ebay, they both have fantastic easy to use sites in English with paypal as a payment option for safety!
Old 11-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Initiate

hey guys, just wondering if anyone can tell me the difference between the original and V2 of the vertical motor mounts? They look pretty much identical from the pics ive seen.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I believe the V2 lets the motor sit a bit lower then the old one

regards Roy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.