R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #646
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastc View Post
you have to flip the belts. The long belt goes on opposite side now and vice versa with the shorty. not sure about the cf upper deck, on the frp upper deck I dremelled a bit off of it for the motor mount to fit.
Ohhh...I see what youre saying. MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED! LOL!

And a little Dremel work to get over the little hump on the mount.

Thank you
Old 09-22-2011, 11:06 AM   #647
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Weight and Weight Distribution for the Zero S

Assuming an "average" list of modern components:

What's the average race ready weight for the Zero S?

Where does the weight distribution tend to fall? Right/Left & Front/Back.

Sponsored By - http://enginesbyotto.com/ & my wallet (mostly my wallet actually...)

ALL IS LOST
@Art_Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #648
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

race ready in VTA trim mine weighs 1450 grams exactly. Not sure on distribution, seems pretty balanced actually, Ive never added ballast or anything. Seems real even to me.
Kyosho Plazma F1
TC does RC
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #649
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Sakura Zero S kits and Parts are back in stock at TQ RC RACING.

Click here to see the re-stocked items.

FYI, Thanks.
http://www.tqrcracing.com
tq@tqrcracing.com
spring71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:45 AM   #650
Tech Adept

Hey, just got a zero s and am loving it, on topic....1450 sounds heavy! Mines 1353gms Inc transponder which is lucky since I have a 1350 gram minimum weight!

Loving the car though, special thanks to all the advice in these pages, I had to get ti turnbuckles as I couldn't get a tool to fit the steel turnbuckles, 19t center pulley is a must for the belts, and the shock upgrade and sway bar kit helps a bit too. I'm finding it a real treat to drive after my tamiya.

Quick question for the pros...

Are there any belts in particular I can look at that might be say 1-2 teeth longer in the same pitch/size? I'd like to get my gear ratios right since I'm in a controlled class and have a minimum 6.6 to reach and can't quite get it bang on with the 19t pulley...

Cheers, bc
Old 09-23-2011, 10:49 AM   #651
Tech Adept

Default Sakura gear chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCZero View Post
I'd like to get my gear ratios right since I'm in a controlled class and have a minimum 6.6 to reach and can't quite get it bang on with the 19t pulley...
Hi BCZero,

if you use the 19T pulley and the stock spur gear (48p 80T) you have to use a 31T pinion to get a FDR ratio of 6,65.

If you want to see more possible combinations, just download my attached gear ratio charts. In the Excel version you can also change the pulley and spur gear values...

Greetings,

Christian

...Edit: Ooops made a mistake in the 48p table. please download new version (V2)!
...Edit 2: Following our discussion in the Sakura XI thread and own trials I corrected the available pinion ranges. Also using different background colors for different models (the XI seems to offer less space for the pinion than the Zero) now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sakura Gear Chart V3.zip (18.0 KB, 88 views)
File Type: pdf Sakura Gear Chart V3.pdf (14.7 KB, 791 views)

Last edited by skyball; 10-10-2011 at 09:52 AM. Reason: corrected pinion ranges, different background colors for different models
skyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #652
Tech Adept

Can anyone tell me what upright motor mount I need to order as there is the V2 and the Zero s one also. If they both fit both chassis its not a problem. I am also going to fit the carbon std chassis at some point if this makes a difference.
Monkeys punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #653
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeys punk View Post
Can anyone tell me what upright motor mount I need to order as there is the V2 and the Zero s one also. If they both fit both chassis its not a problem. I am also going to fit the carbon std chassis at some point if this makes a difference.
By what I can see the SAK-66/V2/PK and SAK-S17/PK are the same motor mount. The only difference is the S17 comes with the other side of the spur/pulley mount in aluminum. On the Zero you already have that piece in aluminum so you don't need it, while the Zero S that piece is plastic and you might want both sides to match.
rcgerber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #654
Tech Adept

Ah see what you mean now. hence the higher price also.

Cheers mate.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #655
Tech Adept

Run the S for the first time tonight and I must say I am very impressed. I had kit tyres on it and it handled really well. After downgrading from and Xray T3 I was unsure at first.
The only thing I will be replacing will be the shocks, as I have rebuilt 3 now due to leaking issues(even with green slime used when building them). I have also ordered a 19t centre pully to allow me to take a little tension off the belt.
Apart from that I thing it is just flexible enough for my local track this time of year.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #656
Tech Adept

Thanks Skyball, Im using 106/32 64p with the 19T but that gets me 6.63:1 is it worth the effort trying for the extra .03? probably not, but im noticing im slower in a straight line than the heavier TA-05's running 6.66:1...if its not FDR, it could be my ESC, its an old APEX Equal Ive had for 7 years, so im replacing that next to try get some top speed back compared to the TA's Im running against.

Ooh another question, im running a really heavy diff oil in teh front diff (100k) to try and keep it tight, would that cause resistance and slow me down given im only running 540, im assuming a brushless would just power over the top of that resistance...is it worth investing in a fixed front diff or spool type arrangement?
Old 09-24-2011, 01:50 AM   #657
Tech Adept

Quote:
...Im using 106/32 64p with the 19T but that gets me 6.63:1 is it worth the effort trying for the extra .03?...
No that surely won't make a noteable difference.

Quote:
...im running a really heavy diff oil in teh front diff (100k) to try and keep it tight, would that cause resistance and slow me down...is it worth investing in a fixed front diff or spool type arrangement?
No, the diff doesn't cause resistance, especially on a straight because the diff doesn't have to work when both wheels are running at the same speed. Also a diff filled with very heavy diffoil should handle very much like a fixed axle.

If your car is slower than other cars using the same FDR AND the electrics (battery, motor, esc) are identical / comparable then I recommend that you'd check whether everything in your drive train is really running freely.

Christian
Old 09-24-2011, 09:23 AM   #658
Tech Adept

Battery and Motor the same, Esc was different, just changed it - will run tomorrow and see how it goes.

Drive train seems free enough..

thanks again, will see how it goes tomorrow.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #659
Tech Adept

o.k., good luck, let US know how it went...
Old 09-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #660
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Another inexpensive trick you might want to try is to change the rear bearing caps to fronts and mount the rear shock tower like the newer XI Chassis. Holds the rear bulkhead flex to a minimum in the corners. You do need to trim the bottom of the shock tower to match the front, but pretty straight forward. Picking up front and rear swaybar kits today as they finally arrived.
Attached Thumbnails
3Racing Sakura Zero S-sakura-mods-012.jpg   3Racing Sakura Zero S-sakura-mods-013.jpg