R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-24-2010, 04:22 PM   #46
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead
Thumbs up

Maybe it's just me but I don't care how good plastic shocks are, I don't want them on a race car—especially if they are not threaded bodies. One, I don't want to deal with shock bodies breaking, but more importantly, I want the fine tuning of a threaded shock, and preferably aluminum (and hard coated).

It's a simple upgrade for this kit, though, and would make it a really nice, inexpensive roller that needs very little to be competitive.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:58 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Check out the first mod! Notice the rear bulkhead cover is replaced with a front unit, with the addition of a turnbuckle link;

Stock configuration is as follow;

Anyway I'm not worried as I've got the pink alum ones
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

a typo in the manual. the screws in the red circle should be M3x8, not m3x10

over gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:31 AM   #49
Tech Elite

no reviews? Mine's arriving within 2 weeks
Old 11-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #50
Tech Fanatic

Mine should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. Got the Lipo chassis aswell.
Madulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #51
Tech Initiate

Hi cheapskate.brok, what the purpose/advantages of using the front bulkhead covers on the rear and whats the benefit of the turnbuckle you have there?

How are you finding the sakura s?

Im currently running the sakura zero for 13.5 class here in New Zealand, and am keen on purchasing the 's' for stock touring?
Dave.
davenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:01 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenz View Post
Hi cheapskate.brok, what the purpose/advantages of using the front bulkhead covers on the rear and whats the benefit of the turnbuckle you have there?

How are you finding the sakura s?

Im currently running the sakura zero for 13.5 class here in New Zealand, and am keen on purchasing the 's' for stock touring?
Dave.
I haven't got my car I'm just speculating the weak points, and that's not my car pictured, by the way

I guess they'll be a surge of reviews once everyone gets their car
Old 11-28-2010, 10:01 PM   #53
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Make the rear end more rigid.
MICHAEL BROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:10 AM   #54
Tech Master

ok, i tested out the car at West Coast Raceway... i have tekin version 212 spec mode, old novak fixed timing 17.5 + old old Solaris tires.

the car feels great the first time out. it has plenty of steering. so much that it's a little too sensitive for my taste. again, i jack the shocks from a ta05... i forgot what wt oil i have in them... I think i'll go with thicker shock oil + swaybar the next time out.

a video worth a thousand words. i could drive a tighter line, but i don't want to damage a new car the first time out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z45KonlmIDM

i ran 5 to 6 packs of battery without a crash or roll over. i think that speaks a lot for a tight track like WC. I see a lot of potential in this car... I don't think i can drive any quicker with a $500 car
Old 11-29-2010, 02:26 AM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by over gear View Post
ok, i tested out the car at West Coast Raceway... i have tekin version 212 spec mode, old novak fixed timing 17.5 + old old Solaris tires.

the car feels great the first time out. it has plenty of steering. so much that it's a little too sensitive for my taste. again, i jack the shocks from a ta05... i forgot what wt oil i have in them... I think i'll go with thicker shock oil + swaybar the next time out.

a video worth a thousand words. i could drive a tighter line, but i don't want to damage a new car the first time out...

i ran 5 to 6 packs of battery without a crash or roll over. i think that speaks a lot for a tight track like WC. I see a lot of potential in this car... I don't think i can drive any quicker with a $500 car
Nice track and for it's first outing it go's rather well i think
In holland there are some people who are as we speak building a indoor asphalt track so we can have the same conditions as outdoor even in the winter.
If it is ready i will show you guys some pic's
Here is a short film of our track in Lelystad in the centre of Holland from 2 years back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y00uwKLjoA

regards Roy
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:14 PM   #56
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

car looks nice for your 1st outting....what wt diff grease you used in front & rear??...& how did you like the gear diffs??.......ill will be ordering 1 here this week....o!..& what changes you think you might need to make on the car??
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #57
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrx View Post
car looks nice for your 1st outting....what wt diff grease you used in front & rear??...& how did you like the gear diffs??.......ill will be ordering 1 here this week....o!..& what changes you think you might need to make on the car??
i have Mugen 30k wt diff grease in the front. the kit 2k oil in the rear.... when u build the diff, do NOT over fill... and screw the diff together slowly... overfill will deform the plastic and cause a leak...

what changes... i'll try stiff shock oil.... and maybe swaybar... i don't have swaybar yet.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #58
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
i have Mugen 30k wt diff grease in the front. the kit 2k oil in the rear.... when u build the diff, do NOT over fill... and screw the diff together slowly... overfill will deform the plastic and cause a leak...

what changes... i'll try stiff shock oil.... and maybe swaybar... i don't have swaybar yet.
cool! thanks!....i cant wait to get mine's...i wanna try a spool & a gear diff
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #59
Tech Regular

looking forward for some more rewiews of the car!

as i can see it should be quite a deal with some descent shocks and maybe a roll bar set
Hatebreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:08 AM   #60
Tech Apprentice

Any more reviews of this car?

Buildquality, fit and finish?

Durability?

Competitive?

Must have upgrades?

Come on people who have this car, please share your thoughts about it!
snabbgas is offline   Reply With Quote