R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #421
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ok then.
This is for you and Mandirigma.
If you want to free up the drivetrain and run a FDR of 2,use the following parts.
http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4663
http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4665
http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4950
These parts will let you give you more slack in your belts and so it will free up your drivetrain big time
For you djoefromreal check this link http://www.modelbouwforum.nl/forums/...verslag-5.html
It will give you some serious tip on how to build the car right.
For all others...Sorry but the building guide is in dutch

regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoefromreal View Post
Hi roy, just a quick reply from my phone now, I'm from Echt, limburg. ( thus from real ) car is completely stock indeed. I've ordered a ezrun set 60a 17.5 to start with and a flysky gt3b after reading some topics here and there, still doing some investigation for servo and battery atm...
Must say that the rctech forum is the most helpful one, even noob questions get serious replies over here
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:34 AM   #422
Tech Rookie

Hi Roy (and others ofcourse!)

I'll check these parts, thanks! The topic on MBF actually made me decide to buy the Sakura S, and all the tips and hints that are given over there (sanding, different screws) i have all taken into concideration while building!

So it's abnormal that the car onkly runs for about 2 meters after i give it a swing forward, that means the belts are too tight?

I'll do some reading on the FDR, because this is still a quite unknown topic for me

i'm doing some reading on current, volts amps and such right now to "calculate" what kind of battery i would need.

That's one thing i like about this new hobby, having to investigate
djoefromreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:19 AM   #423
Tech Elite

Well if you have read the MBF topic on the car you should have seen the posting about the spurgear adaptor and the 19teeth pulleys.
When using the stock 20 teeth pulleys the belt(rear) will be to tight and won't free up enough to let the car run smooth as it should be.
Mount the alloy spurgear adaptor with the 19 teeth pulleys and you will see and notice that the car will run smooth as butter.
FDR is finall drive ratio and this is changed if you have to run a standard FDR and with the normall(manual build) FDR you can't get to that.
For batteries it depends on what class you will run.
I saw something flyby about a EZrun 60amps ESC with a 17.5 turns motor?
If so and you will be doing some racing on a big outside track,all lipo's above 4000MAH will be fine.
It would be stupid if you want to run faster motors later on to buy lower MAH lipos.
Go for the 5000MAH(or above) if you intend to run faster motors when you get used to the car.
If not and you will be driving the 17.5 then 4000MAH will be enough for stock 5 or 6 minutes racing.
For a servo, i am using the ACE DS1015(TC) or the Team Orion VDS1009(F1) and the VDS1007(TC)

regards Roy

Quote:
Hi Roy (and others ofcourse!)

I'll check these parts, thanks! The topic on MBF actually made me decide to buy the Sakura S, and all the tips and hints that are given over there (sanding, different screws) i have all taken into concideration while building!

So it's abnormal that the car onkly runs for about 2 meters after i give it a swing forward, that means the belts are too tight?

I'll do some reading on the FDR, because this is still a quite unknown topic for me

i'm doing some reading on current, volts amps and such right now to "calculate" what kind of battery i would need.

That's one thing i like about this new hobby, having to investigate
Old 05-04-2011, 01:32 AM   #424
Tech Rookie

ohh..i did not link changing the spurgear adapter and pulley to the smooth running..alot of new term flying by here and there might have confused me

i'm actually only intending to run the car in a nearby (huge) parking lot and have no intentions (yet) to race it..

Would you take 4000 / 5000 mah battery's with 25 c or as much c as possible?

I'll order the parts today.. so that'll take some more weeks before i see it run the first time well....at least i'm learning to have patience with this thing
djoefromreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:44 AM   #425
Tech Elite

For long running go for the 5000MAH
Have you tried BMtuning for the Sakura Parts??
He sell's the car and parts in Holland http://www.bmtuning.nl/
Drop him a e-mail and find out.

regards Roy

Quote:
ohh..i did not link changing the spurgear adapter and pulley to the smooth running..alot of new term flying by here and there might have confused me

i'm actually only intending to run the car in a nearby (huge) parking lot and have no intentions (yet) to race it..

Would you take 4000 / 5000 mah battery's with 25 c or as much c as possible?

I'll order the parts today.. so that'll take some more weeks before i see it run the first time well....at least i'm learning to have patience with this thing
Old 05-04-2011, 03:14 AM   #426
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro10noob View Post
Ok then.
This is for you and Mandirigma.
If you want to free up the drivetrain and run a FDR of 2,use the following parts.
http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4663
http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4665
http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4950
These parts will let you give you more slack in your belts and so it will free up your drivetrain big time
regards Roy
So the interal gear ratio of the car goes from a 1.9 to a 2.0 if you do this mod. I agree this should free up the slack from the belts.... this is what i love about this car...parts are relatively cheap compared to the other tc parts so experimenting on set ups is less painful.

Im currently racing in the 540class and im actually looking at running as low an FDR as possible. At the moment im using a 120a Venom pro brushless ESC, an orion prostock 21.5turn motor and have a 65t spur gear matted up to a 38t pinon. With the current stock 1.9 internal gear ratio, my FDR is 3.25. I've just fitted this pinon and spur combo to the car and tested it on the track today and it ran beautifully so im a little hesitant about going up to an internal ratio of 2.0. If i do my FDR will go from a 3.25 to a 3.42.

So far with the way my car is set up now (65t spur/38t pinion)*(1.9) = 3.25fdr my motor temp after a 5min run is just hitting 40 celsius so im looking at even fitting a larger pinon to bring my fdr to about a 3.01.
Mandirigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:40 AM   #427
Tech Elite

If you get the new alloy motormount http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=5208 you have even more room for bigger pinions.
It also lowers the motor by about 1 mm.
It also lets you flip the belts to the opposite side for better weight balance.
If you do this widen the holes for where the diff pulleys are.
Only sad thing about this mod is that you need the Sakura Zero soft top deck.
If you use spur 65,pinion 40 and a FDR of 2 then you come up to the same FDR of 3.25 so i don't see a problem there if you don't want to buy the spurgear adaptor with 19teeth pulley

regards Roy
Old 05-04-2011, 04:00 AM   #428
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
If you get the new alloy motormount http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=5208 you have even more room for bigger pinions.
It also lowers the motor by about 1 mm.
It also lets you flip the belts to the opposite side for better weight balance.
If you do this widen the holes for where the diff pulleys are.
Only sad thing about this mod is that you need the Sakura Zero soft top deck.
If you use spur 65,pinion 40 and a FDR of 2 then you come up to the same FDR of 3.25 so i don't see a problem there if you don't want to buy the spurgear adaptor with 19teeth pulley

regards Roy
I have the vertical motor mount and the soft top deck. Problem with the vertical motor mount is i cant fit a larger pinion. 38 is the largest it will accomodate. I even had to shave a bit of the bit thats closest to the pinion to make sure it doesnt catch on the pinion. However this was when i had a 68t spur...maybe with the 65 i can move the pinion in enough with the motor that a 40 or 41 will fit...il try it out tonight and let you guys know.

I was even thinking of going back to the standard motor mount just to try and get a larger pinon gear in there.

experimenting begins...
Old 05-04-2011, 04:11 AM   #429
Tech Elite

Do you have the version 1 or version 2 motormount??
Perhaps the stock Sakura Zero motormount will cure your problem with fitting spurs and pinions.

regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandirigma View Post
I have the vertical motor mount and the soft top deck. Problem with the vertical motor mount is i cant fit a larger pinion. 38 is the largest it will accomodate. I even had to shave a bit of the bit thats closest to the pinion to make sure it doesnt catch on the pinion. However this was when i had a 68t spur...maybe with the 65 i can move the pinion in enough with the motor that a 40 or 41 will fit...il try it out tonight and let you guys know.

I was even thinking of going back to the standard motor mount just to try and get a larger pinon gear in there.

experimenting begins...
Old 05-04-2011, 05:02 AM   #430
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Do you have the version 1 or version 2 motormount??
Perhaps the stock Sakura Zero motormount will cure your problem with fitting spurs and pinions.

regards Roy
I have the ver 2 motor mount. tried to fit the 41 pinon with it and it doesnt fit.

I went back to the stock motormount and it fits however to change adjust the meshing of the pinion i have to remove the top deck...its a longer process no doubt and i miss the vertical mount already but im now running a 41t pinion and a 65t spur to give me a fdr of 3.01. :-)
Old 05-07-2011, 02:51 AM   #431
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Hi all...

More 3Racing sakura zero s parts and kits are restocked at TQ.

Click Here to check out.

Thanks.
http://www.tqrcracing.com
tq@tqrcracing.com
spring71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:49 PM   #432
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've read this thread front to back and I'm convince that I'm buying one. But I want to hear more on how it drives to convince me to buy it sooner rather than later. So let's hear it.
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:38 AM   #433
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

ordered one today,want to try and get vta type racing started at my track
cant wait
ozzy-crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #434
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl View Post
ordered one today,want to try and get vta type racing started at my track
cant wait
We just started a VTA class. I'm using a used TC3. It's fine for VTA but I still want one of these. Looking at getting one in the next couple of weeks.
Kyosho Plazma F1
TC does RC
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:04 AM   #435
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just built the Kit,

What do you think of the kit springs?

any thoughts on going a little softer for silvercan?
VIP_SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote