R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-25-2011, 10:01 AM   #391
Tech Elite

Found it... This is what I'm talking about... You would have to change the axles too. Not unless if XRay has changed since the 09 version. I haven't raced since 09. Just getting back into the hobby.

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:52 PM   #392
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My resurgence in RC came when I found my old HPI RS4 Pro3 in the closet. I replaced the NiCad with a NiMH and couldn't make it fit and then proceeded to hose the whole thing trying to make it work. I bought a few used cars/rollers figuring I could piece something together and that has mostly failed due to my lack of knowledge and limited parts availability. I'm thinking the Sakura Zero S might give me the on-road bashing platform I am looking for without having to spend another $400 or buy another Tamiya.

In my efforts I bought a Castle Sv2 4600kV combo and 2S LiPos. Will I be able to drop that in along with a spare SR300 and one of the servos from my trollers and go or will I need anything else to make it go?

I read through the first dozen pages this morning and saw something about a LiPo chassis replacement? Do I need that? Is the vertical motor mount still a requirement along with a different top deck?

This seems like the perfect basher platform. I need something to put the Sv2 in!
coopasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #393
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Found it... This is what I'm talking about... You would have to change the axles too. Not unless if XRay has changed since the 09 version. I haven't raced since 09. Just getting back into the hobby.

Welcome back Jimmy! If you are not removing too much material, drill the outdrives to fit the XRAY bones. It's what I presently do to use them.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #394
Tech Adept

is this car/parts sold in canada?
hotrod306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #395
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball View Post
you should be fine. worst case, you can pull the gasket out, and use a 25x27mm o-ring in place, which will narrow the unit by almost 2mm. i'm getting right around 20mm between the inside bearing faces in stock form.
Where were you a few weeks ago? I was hoping to pit next to you all weekend

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:20 AM   #396
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Thanks guys. At least I can check the width...
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #397
Tech Fanatic

In my efforts I bought a Castle Sv2 4600kV combo and 2S LiPos. Will I be able to drop that in along with a spare SR300 and one of the servos from my trollers and go or will I need anything else to make it go?

I read through the first dozen pages this morning and saw something about a LiPo chassis replacement? Do I need that? Is the vertical motor mount still a requirement along with a different top deck?

This seems like the perfect basher platform. I need something to put the Sv2 in![/QUOTE]

If you are just bashing then you don't need the Lipo Chassis, Vertical Motor Mount or Top Deck. They are good to use if you are trying to setup up your car for racing. Chassis for handling. Vertical Motor mount for changing gear ratios easier and the top deck to fit the motor mount.

CARCAR VP carcar.ca
Madulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:51 AM   #398
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madulla View Post
If you are just bashing then you don't need the Lipo Chassis, Vertical Motor Mount or Top Deck. They are good to use if you are trying to setup up your car for racing. Chassis for handling. Vertical Motor mount for changing gear ratios easier and the top deck to fit the motor mount.
Awesome, thanks for the response. Once I unload all the stuff I bought that was wrong, I think I'll head in this direction.
coopasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #399
Hua
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Help needed

Hi guys, i'm thinking of getting a sakura S online because it doesnt sell in my LHS, so mostly will be getting it online...

1 question that i need to verify is, can TRf 416 front and rear belt able to fit sakura? i been searching in the web but cant find the answer...will appreciate if someone can help me out on this...thanks
Hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:56 AM   #400
Tech Apprentice

Default upgraded front and rear shock towers

Im upgraded the front and rear shock towers to the graphite items that are 4mm higher i think...(sak35/4wo and sak36/4wo)

Has anyone else done this upgrade and noticed a considerable rise in their droop settings? On a hudy droop gauge i went from a 4 to a 7 front and rear. Im not sure if this is better or worse...
Mandirigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:14 AM   #401
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Because of the other shock towers you get other droop settings as the tower is 4mm higher then the stock item.
I don't use them any more as i now use shorter springs so the car could get low enough.
Mind you mine is a Sakura Zero without the S but the priciple is the same.
I use TM springs and have plenty of room to play around with the ride hight and so on.

regards roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandirigma View Post
Im upgraded the front and rear shock towers to the graphite items that are 4mm higher i think...(sak35/4wo and sak36/4wo)

Has anyone else done this upgrade and noticed a considerable rise in their droop settings? On a hudy droop gauge i went from a 4 to a 7 front and rear. Im not sure if this is better or worse...
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:06 PM   #402
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro10noob View Post
Because of the other shock towers you get other droop settings as the tower is 4mm higher then the stock item.
I don't use them any more as i now use shorter springs so the car could get low enough.
Mind you mine is a Sakura Zero without the S but the priciple is the same.
I use TM springs and have plenty of room to play around with the ride hight and so on.

regards roy
Yeah I figured as much because the towers are 4mm higher they sort of pull the arms higher up.

What are the advantages or disadvantages of having such a high droop setting? I have no issues with ride height but with these shock towers I cant adjust the droop settings to go lower than 7.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:55 PM   #403
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well it will get to the point that you can't adjust the car settings to your likings.
When riding with foam it is a different story
Don't get rid of the stock shock towers and use these with shorter springs.
It will let you get the right dropp settings jou want.

regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandirigma View Post
Yeah I figured as much because the towers are 4mm higher they sort of pull the arms higher up.

What are the advantages or disadvantages of having such a high droop setting? I have no issues with ride height but with these shock towers I cant adjust the droop settings to go lower than 7.
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:42 AM   #404
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Is the only difference between the HD 3Racing Gear diff and the std gear diff the material the outdrives are made of?

It looks like the Zero S comes with the HD gear diff, right?

Has any one else noticed runout or a wobble in their gear diff when installed in the car? Mine is enough to move the bearing/bearing holder in and out as the drive train spins. I am curious if the screws are perhaps not tightened evenly on the gear diff causing this or maybe the mold for the gear diff case is wonky like the plastic spur gear plates are...
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:13 AM   #405
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro10noob View Post
Well it will get to the point that you can't adjust the car settings to your likings.
When riding with foam it is a different story
Don't get rid of the stock shock towers and use these with shorter springs.
It will let you get the right dropp settings jou want.

regards Roy
i went back to the original shock towers and droop settings and ride height were back to where i wanted them. I was lucky enough to meet the guy who sells the kits in oz down at the track today and explained to me that if i want to use the 4mm shock towers i should get a shock with a longer body and shaft (ie trf416 shocks)

just think its a bit weird that they sell 4mm shock towers and their own upgraded threaded shocks dont really work with them. Oh well...