Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

so my next club race is this sunday.
so im going to change my droop to 6 and 5 in the rear ( i notice set up sheets for xi sport that all droop is at 6 for carpet) i will see what the # is with ride height+
change the camper to 1.5 and 2 in the rear
and im going to order ball difs....i notice that schumacher mi1 have ball dif in the front as well. so would that help me out?
Old 10-02-2013, 02:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamThibault
so my next club race is this sunday.
so im going to change my droop to 6 and 5 in the rear ( i notice set up sheets for xi sport that all droop is at 6 for carpet) i will see what the # is with ride height+
change the camper to 1.5 and 2 in the rear
and im going to order ball difs....i notice that schumacher mi1 have ball dif in the front as well. so would that help me out?
A gear diff with 500,000 wgt oil in it works very well at the front of a car, you get great acceleration out of the corners, along with being able to turn hard into the corners.

If you're going to get a ball diff, make sure you spend a few extra $ and get ceramic balls instead of the plain steel ones. The ceramic balls will be less prone in getting flat spots on them if you have your diff to loose and it slips.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ta04evah
A gear diff with 500,000 wgt oil in it works very well at the front of a car, you get great acceleration out of the corners, along with being able to turn hard into the corners.

If you're going to get a ball diff, make sure you spend a few extra $ and get ceramic balls instead of the plain steel ones. The ceramic balls will be less prone in getting flat spots on them if you have your diff to loose and it slips.

Cheers
Rob.
Still prefer the spool for carpet. less rotating weight and great pull out of the corners. plus no leaking.

The ceramic balls will last longer but it takes more tension on the diff bolt to get the proper slip. either way it will work fine. Have a whole season on my steel ones and I'm not ready to replace them yet. plus the ceramic balls will wear out diff rings faster.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looking from some experience with Zero S owners,

I am going to place an order for one in the next couple days. And i wanted to know what should i order along with it

I plan to run this in a USGT class.

So i would like to know the following--

Absolutely needed during build:

Spare parts(Common failures):

Parts i should upgrade soon:

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dislike

I am going to place an order for one in the next couple days. And i wanted to know what should i order along with it

buy xi sporty instead it has Universal Driveshafts ,spool,adjustable shocks.
for upgrades... metal Mounts

for spare parts the list could be long (just order a extra car)
Thanks!

jushhh now im going to order a xi sporty
Old 10-03-2013, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks!
You'd be better going for the new Sakura XI Sport, it's a better car with some good features already built into it, such as universal drives front & rear, composite battery holder & velcro strap, improved rear gear differential, and threaded shock bodies.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Anybody know whats the biggest size pinion that will fit on the stock kit with stock 80T spur gear?
Old 10-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ssiptang
Anybody know whats the biggest size pinion that will fit on the stock kit with stock 80T spur gear?
I've got a 31T pinion with the stock spur and non-vertical motor mount.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Thanks!

Upgrade right away.
Vertical motor mount
threaded shocks
64 pitch gears

spare parts are the same as any car. a arms, c hubs, steering knuckles, rear bearing carrier.

Upgrade soon
sway bars
carbon narrow chassis
steering rack
front spool
rear ball diff (if you get tired of the gear diff)
Everything else
Old 10-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by x3inchesx
I've got a 31T pinion with the stock spur and non-vertical motor mount.
Thanks for the confirmation! Just to make sure, thats with the stock motor mount right? Did you have any problem installing it through the stock spur gear?
Old 10-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 6376vette
Upgrade right away.
Vertical motor mount
threaded shocks
64 pitch gears

spare parts are the same as any car. a arms, c hubs, steering knuckles, rear bearing carrier.

Upgrade soon
sway bars
carbon narrow chassis
steering rack
front spool
rear ball diff (if you get tired of the gear diff)
Everything else
Thanks Vette, I ended up going with XI Sport. As the others mentioned, I might as well start with the newest chassis.

I notice you have one. Anything worth mentioning on it? IE same stuff as previous asked.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Vette, I ended up going with XI Sport. As the others mentioned, I might as well start with the newest chassis.

I notice you have one. Anything worth mentioning on it? IE same stuff as previous asked.
I actually have the original xi. it is my understanding that the xi sport is a combination of the xi and the new ultimate. Both the xi and the ultimate were offered as fully decked out touring chassis. a true sport version of the xi was never offered. I don't have any experience with the xi sport. sorry but im not much help with those parts. now tuning questions I can still try and help. basic tuning is the same regardless of the chassis.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Tech Addict

well today the track change to very technical track and notice im having problems with my servo/servo saver....have to make it go straight before i can do any thing else. i was kinda doing all right but steering was giving me problems
Old 10-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

well today the track change to very technical track and notice im having problems with my servo/servo saver....have to make it go straight before i can do any thing else. i was kinda doing all right but steering was giving me problems
If you're using the servo saver that comes with the car kit, then get rid of it and buy a better one. I use a Tamiya high torque servo saver on my cars and they work fine.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

I'm using the kimbrough black servo saver. Same one for two years. never had a problem.

agreed the kit one isn't very good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.