R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #3076
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefan View Post
Direct from 3racing i actually used there ball diff kit for the 416 it was a little tight and i had to file away some material where the bearing sits, you can buy the ball diff parts for a zero but you have to buy them individually which didn't bother me but they didn't have one of the parts to complete it
With the kit, did you you need the diff balls or dif they come with the 416 kit. I assume you need the zero pully. ?
Yogi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:13 AM   #3077
Tech Rookie

I didn't realize that pinion peekhole came so close to where the XI mm v2 wants to mount, but I decided what the hey I bought the part already, if this breaks I'll just upgrade my chassis. Well I drilled a bit crooked, the mm/layshaft mount combo seemed to want to go one way off the centerline when I screwed in the combo without the root hole and that's how I thought it was supposed to be, but then when I looked at it I realized the motor mount itself was a bit crooked. Oh well, it seems to work (I did a short run), and now I can mount my motor with two screws! I tried just using one and stripped a spur... Also I didn't realize until I installed it that the little extension leg acts as a battery stop!

But yeah that cutoff hex key thing was still too cumbersome.

Also I ordered a spur gear adapter but tq was out so it's coming from China, hopefully this plastic one will hold up until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsquirrel View Post
I bought those mounts too. Didn't fit my servo well so I chucked them and used original ones.

See you Saturday..

TTS
Awww man I thought you used them and that's why I got them! Well tbh I just wanted more pink aluminum.

I just ran this thing for the first time with my new 2S, 17.5, 3.76 FDR and it's scary fast! (Coming from 20 turn brushed, 6.something FDR, NiMH). Can't even fathom running this mod. Can't wait for Saturday! Can't wait to strap my phone to it to see how fast it goes too.
Attached Thumbnails
3Racing Sakura Zero S-img_20130813_004502.jpg  
kanamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:01 AM   #3078
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanamin View Post
I didn't realize that pinion peekhole came so close to where the XI mm v2 wants to mount, but I decided what the hey I bought the part already, if this breaks I'll just upgrade my chassis. Well I drilled a bit crooked, the mm/layshaft mount combo seemed to want to go one way off the centerline when I screwed in the combo without the root hole and that's how I thought it was supposed to be, but then when I looked at it I realized the motor mount itself was a bit crooked. Oh well, it seems to work (I did a short run), and now I can mount my motor with two screws! I tried just using one and stripped a spur... Also I didn't realize until I installed it that the little extension leg acts as a battery stop!

But yeah that cutoff hex key thing was still too cumbersome.

Also I ordered a spur gear adapter but tq was out so it's coming from China, hopefully this plastic one will hold up
All is not lost.
My suggestion would be to line it all back up straight and shimm the leg on the motor mount till its in the right place . Wouldn't take much at all and it should fix up any binding etc.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #3079
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi- View Post
With the kit, did you you need the diff balls or dif they come with the 416 kit. I assume you need the zero pully. ?
Yes you need the balls , bearings and the zero pulley to complete, the 416 kit
thefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #3080
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Speaking of FDR's....

With a little bit of dremeling & shoe-horning a 43 pinion & 60 spur with 20 tooth pulley's, an FDR of 2.65

Cheers
Rob.
ta04evah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:19 AM   #3081
Tech Rookie

Quote:
All is not lost.
My suggestion would be to line it all back up straight and shimm the leg on the motor mount till its in the right place . Wouldn't take much at all and it should fix up any binding etc.
I'd have to do the reverse and file the leg on the motor mount, this is very doable as well though.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:02 AM   #3082
Tech Adept

Rob m8, who's selling the spur gear, is it local?
Old 08-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #3083
Tech Rookie

So the zero aluminum servo mounts work with a savox sc1251mg lopro servo, turns out the spacing between the mount and the spline is just right. So glad this purchase didn't go to waste! Also I added even more pink, just wish I had a pink or neutral color motor (thinking Reedy Sonic), and wish the Savox came in neutral or pink.

I've moved everything inboard and after changing servos (and moving the battery a bit more outboard) I was able to remove 30g balancing weight from the battery side! I had foam shims shoving the battery inboard while I was adding weights to the battery side what the fudge was I thinking Looks like I'm ready for a narrow chassis
Attached Thumbnails
3Racing Sakura Zero S-img_20130818_164039.jpg   3Racing Sakura Zero S-img_20130818_164236.jpg  
Old 08-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #3084
Tech Elite

Quote:
Rob m8, who's selling the spur gear, is it local?
Yes, and you can get them posted from Greg Fisher (aka cannon on rctech) who owns "Feral Batteries". http://www.feralbatteries.com/RW-Rac...ear_p_395.html
Sometimes the small holes in the spur gear are a tight fit on the holder, I carefully use a body reamer to open the holes a little so they fit on easily.

Send him a pm just to make sure he has them in stock atm.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #3085
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanamin View Post
Looks like I'm ready for a narrow chassis
That will be the best upgrade for your car ever. I recently replaced the frp lower deck on my other Zero (which was having issues with no rear grip) and it transformed the car. The car is so much better now being easier to drive and very predictable in the corners, which equates to quicker lap times.

If you can I'd also suggest getting the CF upper deck (soft) and the alloy shocks, as they will also improve the cars handling.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:51 AM   #3086
Tech Initiate

Here from Brazil, coming to a tour on Iguassu falls, your invited to run with us. This is the best cost benefit car.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
sdrubow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #3087
Tech Addict

What's parts do I need for ball diff & spool
TeamThibault is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #3088
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamThibault View Post
I never tried the ball diff as I liked the gear diff better as they require less maintenance and give better performance.

If you want a front spool (See my post #1725), you need to purchase three separate items to assemble one.
  • SAK-02 - 38T white pulley
  • SAK-09 - Solid Axle Outer Joint (2)
  • SAK-08/PK - Front Solid Axle
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #3089
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamThibault View Post
The plastic spool is nice and light. And the 3racing 416 ball-diff adds up to be a bit cheaper, you'll still need bearings and a pulley. Every time I'd go to buy a ball-diff the shop would be out of stock for at least one or two of the parts I'd need. http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=6367

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=5100
Old 08-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #3090
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
I never tried the ball diff as I liked the gear diff better as they require less maintenance and give better performance.

If you want a front spool (See my post #1725), you need to purchase three separate items to assemble one.
  • SAK-02 - 38T white pulley
  • SAK-09 - Solid Axle Outer Joint (2)
  • SAK-08/PK - Front Solid Axle
I have tried the ball diff and i find it cleaner smoother and lighter than the gear diff, and for me less maintanence coz i dont need to constantly refill it
thefan is offline   Reply With Quote