R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-31-2013, 06:01 PM   #3016
Tech Regular

Is the sakura zero s a good touring car for going to the track once in a while? Thanks
blitz98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:25 PM   #3017
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz98 View Post
Is the sakura zero s a good touring car for going to the track once in a while? Thanks
From what I've read and seen, it is a perfect car for once in a while track daz...
ttsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:35 PM   #3018
Tech Regular

Where can i find parts for the sakura zero s? Thanks
blitz98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:06 PM   #3019
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsquirrel View Post
great information and makes perfect sense. otherwise, how would you know what different springs do if you have rebound affecting what the springs are supposed to do?

thanks vette. just guessing but if you have a 63 and 76 corvette, those years are definitely some of the best looking vettes in its history.

as far as the springs go, what brand is the best for the zero?

TTS
Yeah. I do have a 76 and a 63. I have also owned a 74 and a 75. My dad currently has a 93 and I'm thinking about picking up a 97 or 98. I absolutely love the vettes but I also have a 69 mustang fastback, and a 62 Chevy c10 stepside. Picking up a 68 ranchero for my son soon. Guess its easy to figure out all of my hobbies have something to do with cars.

Back to the sakura. I have had great luck with the 3 racing spring set made for the zero s and xi although some people like the tamiya mini springs. For the price go with the 3 racing set first. if you want to get the car super soft then try the minis but I don't think you will need them.
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #3020
Tech Master

Quote:
Hotshot hobby in marietta ga, tq racing and I think integy.com. The sakura is an excellent car for once in a while and every weekend. Keeps up with much more expensive chassis all day. I race mine a ton.

Check out the new xi sport as well. it is the next generation but either car will be great.
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:10 PM   #3021
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
rob is there a pic or part number for this?

TTS
Sorry, forgot to put a link in for you. Available from TQ Racing for $28US, Part number SAK-49

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1617

And +1 about going for the XI Sport instead of the Zero S as it has many improvements over the Zero S for only a few extra $.

Cheers
Rob.
ta04evah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:57 PM   #3022
Tech Adept

Quote:
Hey there Blitz98,

I have been running a Sakura Zero S for at least 6 months, and have been getting my parts from http://www.tqrcracing.com/.

They have a great selection of parts for the Sakura, takes about 4 days from Cali to here in Fort Myers, and depending on what you are ordering, great pricing on shipping. For most of my parts shipping was $2.99.
Home Track = Jeff's RC Studio,(Fort Myers, Florida)
NewRCSim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:03 PM   #3023
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta04evah View Post
Sorry, forgot to put a link in for you. Available from TQ Racing for $28US, Part number SAK-49

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1617

And +1 about going for the XI Sport instead of the Zero S as it has many improvements over the Zero S for only a few extra $.

Cheers
Rob.
Wow..you mean the whole set includes 9 pairs of spring for that price? That is a pretty good deal...I think I'm ordering it....and I have ordered from tq before...I'm in california and my orders come in two days....tq is a great retailer..

Thanks all for the info...I think my sat night racing will be much better this week than my awful cherry popping nightmare last week...

TTS
Old 08-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #3024
Tech Rookie

It works

I didn't want to get the vertical motor mount and thought I could reach that ONE screw tucked behind the spur gear with a chopped-off hex-key, and it works (I mentioned this earlier and no one said anything so here's to hoping this is original). This must be lower CG and lighter than the vertical motor mount right? Or maybe not lighter since the vert has those speedholes. Then again I can add some speedholes

I'll probably still flip the belts, notice the front belt is loose because I have the front diff off to get to the screw.

Please excuse the ancient electronics I haven't gotten around to converting to brushless yet lol, maybe I'll wait for that new Reedy speedo...
Attached Thumbnails
3Racing Sakura Zero S-img_20130801_204400.jpg   3Racing Sakura Zero S-img_20130801_204338.jpg  
kanamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #3025
Tech Apprentice

Nice kanamin...see you tomorrow
Old 08-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #3026
Tech Apprentice

Nice kanamin...see you tomorrow
Old 08-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #3027
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef71 View Post
Hi!
I run the same motor with the Hobbywing 35a esc, my actual fdr is 6.15. I changed the pulley to 19 teeth so i get an idr of 2.
My gears are 48p with 26 pinion and the stock 80t pulley.
This is a starting point with this motor, then it depends on the track you're running on. Mine is a quite fast 1/8 asphalt track and most racers have 5.5t engines with 120a esc (my future upgrades). Plan to buy a few pinions to set your gear correctly. I bought 24.25.26.27.28 pinions.
Hope this helps
Thanks, Stef71.

This gives me a good starting point. I now understand this is not science but experimentation! I will have to increase my budget for all those pinions.

I went to my LHS & they were totally out of stock of all from 20 to 30T!

Chuck

Last edited by clp.eng; 08-02-2013 at 09:13 PM.
clp.eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #3028
Tech Rookie

Quote:
have you got past page 12 in the thread yet?

the comment that no ones shares is just not true. i havent been here in this thread long and have found all of my answers by reading thru the past posts and some by being answered by others.

being a newbie, i cant suggest you follow my sugguestions.

from what ive read fdr should be between low 3 to 6 or 7. i think it depends on the gears you have and the motor you use. higher turn motors need lower fdr so lower turn motors need higher fdr. however, fdr will depend on track size and type. like short track with lots of turns or long track with lots of room for more top speed.

with a 9 turn motor, i think you should start about a 4-5 fdr and go from there. you will have to check you motor and esc for proper temps to determine if you are under or over gearing and try different pinion/spur combos to get what you will need for your specific racing needs. I dont think any suggested fdr is good for any specific motor as track conditions and many other factors come into play to determine fdr.

i am sure someone else with more experience will chime in and let you know more in detail about what i am trying to say in my limited expereince.

TTS
Thanks, TTS.

Ya I'm up to pg 45 - slow reader! Thanks for the advice, I was getting frustrated since it was almost 2 weeks since the car was built & still no pinion!

No track just bashing at the moment & that answer about FDR & turns is very helpful!

Chuck
Old 08-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #3029
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakoo View Post
Sorry for not making you the center of my universe, princess

We're mostly just hobbyists in here, not psychics, so when you ask for help you have to provide as much relevant information as possible. Are you going to drive in nside or outside, on carpet or asphalt, on a small and technical track or large and open one, or are you just going bashing on the parking lot?

Also, it is a good idea to check if someone already asked the same question before. Spending 5 seconds in google (9T fdr sakura) tells me that someone already asked the same thing before, in this very thread, and got an answer:

Good luck, and enjoy your Zero S, it's a great car
Being new at this I guess I didn't know the correct questions to ask or the proper info to provide. Sorry for my ignorance. I am up to pg 45 (slow reader).

I did Google but did not use those exact terms & did not find that link!

What I was actually trying to understand is the relationship between FDR & motor turns then I could figure it out for myself. I had thought that there would be specific info for this topic. I did not know it was all trial & error based on experimentation because of all the variables. I have read that answer but I don't have the 19T pulleys so I'm guessing this will not apply to my set up.

I was hoping to get one pinion (budget constraints) to drag race my neighbor on the street out in front of our house as there aren't any tracks around here. I'd love to learn to drive well enough to actually race!

Thanks,

Chuck

P.S.

I couldn't post a reply to you because I quoted your url reference! WoW!

Last edited by clp.eng; 08-02-2013 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Update
Old 08-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #3030
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6376vette View Post
Would love to share with you but I run 17.5, 21.5, and 25.5 in this car. I have absolutely no idea about gearing a 9t motor. Never wanted to go that fast. now if you have handling issues or questions about upgrades then I'm all in.I try to check this thread daily.

Still don't know why peoples shocks are leaking. went a whole year on the stock bladder before I did a full rebuild and the new replacement ones work fine. How much rebound are you guys building into the shock? I build mine with zero rebound and never had a problem leaking.
Thanks 6376 - speed is the thing at the moment & I bought that motor in my ignorance! My neighbor has a need for speed & is dragging me along. I will definitely take you up on your offer as I'm seeing this is way more complicated than any of my other RC stuff!

I'm still trying to decipher the included setup sheets!

Chuck