Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 11:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Nickerz
I just started building my car today and noticed two things...

1. After tightening the Gear Differentials down, one seems harder to turn (when turning the "Differential Out Joint" - pg. 1 of the manual). Are these suppose to be pretty hard/tight to turn or are they suppose to move more freely? If I loosen all 4 screws they turn easily but then oil starts coming out so I'm guessing the screws are suppose to be tight.

2. (See Pic Below...) Anyone notice that the bottom ring of the Pulley snaps off kinda easily? When I was tightening down each half, they both cracked a little and I thought I broke it. I think I did but there is no break in the plastic. It's the end on the "Gear Differential Housing" that comes off. It can go back together but it needs to be glued as it will come off again. Just weird. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about...
I followed this page: http://os.3racing.hk/articles.php?articles_key=133 when building my last diff.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sonspit
if I set my throttle epa on the radio at half then calibrate the esc then max out the epa on the radio that would make my esc's endpoint 150%? thus create more speed
No the ESC only understands 0-100%
Old 04-10-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anthias
I followed this page: http://os.3racing.hk/articles.php?articles_key=133 when building my last diff.
Thanks! I'll check this out. I nice guy at my LHS helped me yesterday and told me about this link also! He disassembled and assembled one of my gear diffs and it works better but suggested I get a different kind of grease and it looked like the anti wear grease in the link. It's great to get help in this hobby and I'm glad I noticed it didn't feel right as the guy helping me said it was way to tight. I wouldn't have had a good start if I ignored it and moved on to the next step. I'll keep everyone posted how it turns out.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Any body race there sakura on carpet with rubber tires, what setup changes would be needed?
Old 04-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

Anybody ever think of mounting 1 8 scale electronics (esc and motor) with more aggressive gears and more powerful batteries for high speed runs?
Old 04-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thefan
Any body race there sakura on carpet with rubber tires, what setup changes would be needed?
Coming from what to carpet? Carpet is usually high traction so high traction asphalt to carpet probably not much. low traction to carpet maybe springs, shock oil, a droop change and maybe differential tension or oil weight. in my experience the changes aren't drastic just fine tuning. personally I think its easier to tune for carpet.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks it would be from high grip asphalt to carpet using 17.5blinky, i noticed your signature has 17.5 what fdr are you using assuming its blinky that is.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thefan
Thanks it would be from high grip asphalt to carpet using 17.5blinky, i noticed your signature has 17.5 what fdr are you using assuming its blinky that is.
You shouldn't need to make too many changes then. just some fine tuning. I am running blinky on a small size track. maybe 50x75 and we are all running somewhere around 4.0 FDR. one guy tried 3.5 up to 4.5 and only saw a tenth of a lap difference. motor temps stay cool around 120f with a single cooling fan and almost full to full timing. I run a d3.0 and my son runs a ballistic. We are using sweep 32 tires with a track temp around 75 degrees f. some guys run jaco blues with great results. I ran a set of jaco tires and loved the extra turn in. just trying to use up my sweep tires before I switch.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:52 AM
Tech Adept

how many of you guys race zero s against other high end cars(xray ,tc6,417) and how do you make out? can you keep up?
i read some where that these cars tweek bad and then are hard to be consistent.is this tru?
are the chassis or parts too soft?
is this car only good for starting out?( beginners car only?)
can it be raced box stock? and keep up?
Old 04-14-2013, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by urban
how many of you guys race zero s against other high end cars(xray ,tc6,417) and how do you make out? can you keep up?
i read some where that these cars tweek bad and then are hard to be consistent.is this tru?
Lol. That's what the x ray associated etc. people want you to think. they are always amazed and sometimes upset that a box stock s can beat their $500 chassis.

They will tweak but they all tweak. the s isn't any worse than any other car. parts are just as good as any other. there a few upgrades that really can help but I would not call any absolutely necessary. just really nice to have.

the s can be fully upgraded to a full carbon fiber and aluminium ride just like any other chassis. I have 2 s models and an xi and they all run with all of the other chassis. I spend less time tweaking and tuning compared to the x ray and associated cars and still run right up front. We have a handful of these cars running at our track and they fit right in.

I wouldn't call it a beginners car by any means. it can be labeled as a grow with you car. as you master the basic car begin to add parts like threaded shocks and sway bars and let your skill grow with the car. too many options in the beginning can confuse a new driver and can become frustrating.

I guess the short point is that it is a great car that can run with any of them.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Adept

It's my first touring car and I am totally impressed with the simplicity vs toughness and performance. My buddy saw mine, but went to a hobby shop and picked up an HPI Flux Sprint 2 and, although it's fast (top speed) out of the box, he is always battling handling issues, and reliability issues. I hit 65mph with my S this weekend and it is rock stable...except for the pebble that sent it into triple back flips when the wind got under the nose...

IMHO, for big improvements on the S, you need only good tires, and a setup station/tools.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Tech Addict

what do you guys do for the belt that rubs on the front?
Old 04-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

raise up the diff to the high setting by rotating the adjuster 180 degrees
Old 04-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TeamThibault
what do you guys do for the belt that rubs on the front?
The carbon chassis need a slight amount of sanding to clear the belt properly. I never had a problem with the stock plate.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by urban
I race against TC5's TC6's and two TCX and I always beat everyone except one guy that drive a TCX. The reason is not the car, he is simply a better driver than I am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.