R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #2641
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban View Post
ok some where in this thread it said if i add a spacer on the camber i will get more grip in the rear?
is that adding a spacer to rear bulkhead ball stud?

what is the part # to the shorter rear arms? is it SAK-X01
if i used Narrow Suspension Mount would that be the same as changing you arms?
would u used the Narrow Suspension Mount and shorter arms togethwer?

if i change my driveshafts to SAK-X27 do i need any other parts?
what is the diff between SAK-X27 and #SAK-40E
Adding a spacer to the rear camber adjustment on the inside or outside will change the roll center of the rear of the car. it could improve or worsen the rear end depending on what your symptoms are. just adding a spacer and not understanding why is not a good practice. What problems and when are you having them? Corner entry, exit, mid turn?
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #2642
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonspit View Post
they are notchy!!! so they're too tight? i thought they were just damaged and i dint know that could effect steering.. i tighten them up because it seemed like the only way to get them to stop leaking.. thanks i'll try loosening them up now.
and i ran it today and it was better but still doing wierd things. going left some time, going right sometimes and perfect other times... all on power or braking. but not as bad as before. loosened the droop screws so they dont effect droop at all since i dont have a gauge and i feel like they werent equal all around.
Do you have set up gauges? If not your problem probably lies in the toe or camber of the tires. 0.5 degrees of difference in toe will cause erratic pulling to one side then the other. Eyeballing is not good enough here. Your measurements need to be exact.
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:00 AM   #2643
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waflet View Post
Hideeho
What kind motors, receiver, & ESC are you using? Are the motors sensored or sensor less? If sensor less I have run into the problem that the rotor gets into a position that the ESC doesn't think it's in & won't move until it gets bumped, moving the rotor to the proper position. Moving the front wheels will move the car a little, moving the rotor into position. Next time it does it try pushing the car a little while giving it some throttle, if it takes off that's your problem. Unfortunately the only fix for it is a sensored motor & ESC.

If your motor is sensored do the same thing. If it takes off your problem could very well lie in either the sensor cable or the ESC sensor. Try another sensor cable. Then try another ESC, borrow one or install your motor & sensor cable in some else's car.

If its still not fixed try a different receiver.

The concept is to replace 1 component at a time, putting the others back in place as you switch to a new one in, until the problem is rectified. The component that is replaced & fixes the problem is one that needs replacing permanently (& is hopefully still under warranty ).
Thanks for the info I got a team tekin 2.5 turn sensored motor and for the ESC I got a team orion r10 pro. I swapped sensor wire still no good and then swapped receiver then motor still no good so looks like its the ESC that I only purchased just over a month ago on top of that I lost my reciept and box so think thats money down the drain
Sakuraszero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #2644
Tech Adept

Video of my Sakura S and a friends HPI FLux 2 Camaro. Watch in HD. At the end (1:40 or so), you can see my Sakura blazing back and forth at the back of the tennis courts. 55+ mph I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuzSv...dvtw0Xt7oZoAyw
cygnusx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #2645
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygnusx1 View Post
Video of my Sakura S and a friends HPI FLux 2 Camaro. Watch in HD. At the end (1:40 or so), you can see my Sakura blazing back and forth at the back of the tennis courts. 55+ mph I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuzSv...dvtw0Xt7oZoAyw
Nice!!

Since you have yours running. Question: Is your lower belt (longer one) moving up and down alot at the highest throttle? Mine is and I'm thinking the belt may be loose (more than needed).

How does your's behave at full throttle?

Thank you.
Speed Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #2646
Tech Adept

The car is buttery smooth at all speeds, and makes no odd sounds or vibrations. On the bench, the belt is just right, I don't think it's flapping around. The rear belt has been tightened by one notch position, since the stock build. I did buy a Sakura belt tensioner but I haven't found a need for it yet.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #2647
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
The car is buttery smooth at all speeds, and makes no odd sounds or vibrations. On the bench, the belt is just right, I don't think it's flapping around. The rear belt has been tightened by one notch position, since the stock build. I did buy a Sakura belt tensioner but I haven't found a need for it yet.
Thank you for the reply. Maybe I didn't say it right. Yes the car is smooth, but it's not vibration or noise I'm referring to. The rear belt has no issue at all. It's the front one.

At full throttle, if you look at the lower part of the long belt; does it stay straight the whole time or is it jumping up and down? It seems that it needs a tensioner on the bottom rather than on the top deck? I do have one on the top but it's barley touching the belt.

Only thing I can think of is that the belt may need to be tighter for one notch?

Another thing I noticed; the belt likes to run on the left side of the pulleys front and back? It's never centered, seems awkward as if the belt should have been designed wider like the rear which is and stays centered.

Thank you.

Last edited by Speed Passion; 03-27-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #2648
Tech Apprentice

I tightened the belt one notch and it's still doing this at full throttle? Is this normal?? Should it be set tighter?

Thank you.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #2649
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Passion View Post
I tightened the belt one notch and it's still doing this at full throttle? Is this normal?? Should it be set tighter?

Thank you.
Sounds normal to me, it is just harmonics of the belt under a specific rpm it may never see out on the track.
Free revving on a bench the drivetrain will run at a much higher rpm than when it is on the track under a load so I would not worry about it much.

In regards to your question about the belt running off to one side......
Belts are cut to width and sometimes causes it to pull to one side or the other. You can try flipping the belt end for end to run it in the opposite direction and see if it tracks any better in the center of the pulley. If not don't worry as that is quite common too.
AE SC10 AE B4.11
SS LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #2650
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS LS1 View Post
Sounds normal to me, it is just harmonics of the belt under a specific rpm it may never see out on the track.
Free revving on a bench the drivetrain will run at a much higher rpm than when it is on the track under a load so I would not worry about it much.

In regards to your question about the belt running off to one side......
Belts are cut to width and sometimes causes it to pull to one side or the other. You can try flipping the belt end for end to run it in the opposite direction and see if it tracks any better in the center of the pulley. If not don't worry as that is quite common too.
Thank you!!
Old 03-27-2013, 03:19 PM   #2651
Tech Apprentice

Well I tightened one more notch and flipped the front spur around and it's better now. Less up and down and the belt runs center. Man this car is finicky but I still love it!

Thanks for the great tip.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #2652
Tech Adept

Snapped my rear hub carrier today... Got swiped by another car. The long wait for parts begins...
Old 03-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #2653
Tech Apprentice

Angry

Quote:
Snapped my rear hub carrier today... Got swiped by another car. The long wait for parts begins...
Old 03-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #2654
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Quote:
Hit up TQ racing, they will have it to you in about 4 days.

" Tamiya RC's have soul, the others are just plastic parts "
Metalsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #2655
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Passion View Post
Well I tightened one more notch and flipped the front spur around and it's better now. Less up and down and the belt runs center. Man this car is finicky but I still love it!

Thanks for the great tip.
No problem, glad to help. I do not own a Sakura but help work on some owned by fellow racers while at the track if someone needs my help.

Another tip to try is I always keep the front belt just a tick tighter than the rear belt. This helps ensure the front end is the first to get the surge of power when you grab full throttle while exiting a corner. If the rear belt is tighter than the front the car may feel loose when you first apply power as the rear wants to pass the front for a split second until all slack is removed from the front belt. This also seems to help when applying brakes as you enter a corner. Hope that made some sense.
AE SC10 AE B4.11
SS LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote