Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Old 12-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Why don't you use the new Xenon gears??

regards Roy
I had tried this new Xenon spurs. They don't fit very well on the Sakura Zero and Photon. The problem is that at the part where the adaptor mounts is thinner then any regular spur gears. This results the spur gear "floats" in the adaptor and wobbles.

Not sure if it is any different on the Sakura S.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hmmmzzzzzz ok.
I thought that the alloy gear adaptor of the Sakura had thinner centring pins then the Photon.
I know i had to "adjust" my Photon gear adaptor because it would float as you say and would wobble.
I used the Sakura Zero gear adaptors on my Photon also and didn't had any problems with the Xenon gears

regards Roy

Originally Posted by old-man
I had tried this new Xenon spurs. They don't fit very well on the Sakura Zero and Photon. The problem is that at the part where the adaptor mounts is thinner then any regular spur gears. This results the spur gear "floats" in the adaptor and wobbles.

Not sure if it is any different on the Sakura S.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

has anyone experienced wobbling spur gears and centre pulleys?

Nope haven't run the car, still building it. Yes the assembly was shimmed.

What's up? COuld it be a manufacturing defect?
Old 12-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Initiate

I've just finished building my Sakura s last night, I have the hard carbon fiber chassis and I'm a bit puzzled as to what to do to hold the battery in. For the moment I'm just using double sided tape to hold it down and it seems very secure but it becomes a problem when I want to change the pinion or anything that requires the battery to be taken off. I have looked on rcmart and the 3racing website and I can't find either a bracket set or the Velcro straps from the up-model Sakura. Am I blind or is there something else I could do? I'm a tad weary of drilling into the carbon fiber so I would prefer an alternative.

Has anyone else noticed this and found a solution?
Old 12-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Also with the stock motor mount etc, what size pinions can I fit? Would 30-34T 48pitch fit?
Old 12-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by unsane_chimera
I've just finished building my Sakura s last night, I have the hard carbon fiber chassis and I'm a bit puzzled as to what to do to hold the battery in. For the moment I'm just using double sided tape to hold it down and it seems very secure but it becomes a problem when I want to change the pinion or anything that requires the battery to be taken off. I have looked on rcmart and the 3racing website and I can't find either a bracket set or the Velcro straps from the up-model Sakura. Am I blind or is there something else I could do? I'm a tad weary of drilling into the carbon fiber so I would prefer an alternative.

Just use battery tape...
Old 12-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Also with the stock motor mount etc, what size pinions can I fit? Would 30-34T 48pitch fit?
I have had a 38/69T combo on the Sakura with out any dramas. I guess it depends on spur size.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys. It will be a stock spur so should be ok.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The guys here might be able to help if you could tell us what motor you are planning to run the car with.... (how many turns or how much kV / spec or modified)...
Old 12-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-tap...?cPath=421_461

... or any equivalent brand. I am using the Tamiya and Muchmore brands (but is currently out-of-stock with RC Mart). Should be 2cm wide maximum.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by OverGeared
The guys here might be able to help if you could tell us what motor you are planning to run the car with.... (how many turns or how much kV / spec or modified)...
Oh I was just asking what I could fit not what I should. I'm going to be using a 17.5T brushless, so I was aiming for about a 34t pinion but I wondered if it would fit or not as there looks to be limited space in that part of the car.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by OverGeared
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-tap...?cPath=421_461

... or any equivalent brand. I am using the Tamiya and Muchmore brands (but is currently out-of-stock with RC Mart). Should be 2cm wide maximum.
Thanks, I'll use that stuff for now then.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im building mine up now and I was wondering about the diff oil.
I see some guys have put 2000 stock weight in the rear and 500 in the front.
Well wouldn't you want it the other way around? so the front is a more similar action to a spool and the rear is like a smooth ball diff with no slip.
Thoughts?
Old 12-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

You are correct. I have 3000 in my front, with 1000 in the rear (Associated).
Old 12-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Can someone please confirm - if i change to the vertical motor mount option (http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=21480), will i need to change the topdeck also or would the stock do?
Also, can someone explain why there are 2 different lengths Universal Shafts for this kit? any advantages/disadvantages using either lengths?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by glide 1; 12-22-2010 at 09:16 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.