Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
3Racing Sakura Zero S >

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Old 06-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Need info. I have a Sakura zero I run 17.5 TC and a Sakura Zero S I run VTA. I want to change the center pullies to the 20 or 21, but the belts won't allow for enough adjustment. If I use a rear belt from a Tamiya 416 I can adjust. Any info for the front belt? Thanks
Old 06-15-2012, 03:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The bearing holders on the diffs are egg shaped so you can loosen the belts a little by rotating them to another position however moving diffs towards the front or rear can alter the cars handling
Old 06-15-2012, 05:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bulletbperry
Need info. I have a Sakura zero I run 17.5 TC and a Sakura Zero S I run VTA. I want to change the center pullies to the 20 or 21, but the belts won't allow for enough adjustment. If I use a rear belt from a Tamiya 416 I can adjust. Any info for the front belt? Thanks
The stock layshaft pulleys are 20T and you should be fine. If you go with the 21T pulleys then you may need to use 37T diffs or as you've indicated find a longer belt that's compatible from another kit.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Alot of people in my area are selling or have already sold thier Xray cars
to get one of these. They said these Sakura cars flex more and that gives
ya an edge in 17.5 Vintage Trans Am. Obvisously the Xray cars are really
stiff compared to other chassis. At least that's what I was thinking when they told me this. So most are going to this Sakura chassis.

I run a 3 Racing chassis on my TA05.
Never had a problem with the 3 Racing upgrades.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

The car was great at the Norwegian Nationals round 3: http://www.redrc.net/2012/06/fjeldva...rd3-in-norway/

Didnt do any major setupchanges with my Sakura Zero, neither did Espen who won with his out of the box Sakura Zero S! Only thing that was changed was the shocks!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Thomaseh
The car was great at the Norwegian Nationals round 3: http://www.redrc.net/2012/06/fjeldva...rd3-in-norway/

Didnt do any major setupchanges with my Sakura Zero, neither did Espen who won with his out of the box Sakura Zero S! Only thing that was changed was the shocks!

Sir what shocks did mr. espen fjeldvar and You used during the race?

By the way Congratulations for the podiumm and the fastest time.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kikoy
Sir what shocks did mr. espen fjeldvar and You used during the race?

By the way Congratulations for the podiumm and the fastest time.
The adjustable shocks that are option. Standard springs in front and 6 in the back.

Thanks
Old 06-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you very much!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS. iT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

Not enough pictures here!

Front body post location, very similar to TA06 (hence, was able to reuse one of my bodies)

Tamiya short springs will fit.

Used the TC6 lipo retainer, and modified two of the stock retainers (flipped around) to move the lipo out for balance.

Anyway....not bad for a $100.00 car....as I had the electronics laying around.
Attached Thumbnails 3Racing Sakura Zero S-zero.jpg  
Old 06-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default Steering Problems

Steering Help -

So I installed a new servo (Savox 1258) onto my Sakura S Zero. I have made the adjustments to the steering endpoints. The problem is that at times when I turn right the car does not turn and goes straight into the wall I still have the stock servo saver could that be the problem?
Old 06-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stanfsu
Steering Help -

So I installed a new servo (Savox 1258) onto my Sakura S Zero. I have made the adjustments to the steering endpoints. The problem is that at times when I turn right the car does not turn and goes straight into the wall I still have the stock servo saver could that be the problem?
It could be, it can be kinda weak. Is the servo still trying to steer it or is it cutting out? Savox can draw pretty hard on some speedos and need a capacitor to store some juice for it.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stanfsu
Steering Help -

After practicing with you a little on Wednesday I think a lot of it is in your set up. Were you on new tires? These can take a while to break in. How about traction compound? How much front and rear? What shock oil are you using and what springs? From your description of the problem sounds like its an off power corner entry issue. Try going to a softer spring in the front.

I'm sorry I didn't realize you were fighting the car that much. Please whenever you have a issue with the car come on over and ask. We can get you on a set up board and balance and tune the chassis as well as making a lot of adjustments to get it handling right. I probably won't be there this Saturday and they are closed next Wednesday night but I'm planning on being there the Saturday after that. A lot of guys there are or have run the sakura. If I'm not there ask grant. Chris can guide you in a direction but his experience is with x ray. still a great person to ask for set up tips.

keep posting in the forums and pm me if you like. I will be more than happy to help you get this chassis hooked up.

Just in case you don't remember me I have the yellow usgt corvette and the red Ferrari f1.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

I've had problems, with the Savox servo's too. They draw a lot of power, and some receivers can't handle it. Try a different receiver, or add a receiver battery pack. Futaba's are no problem, but some Spektrums don't like Savox.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Spectrum and Savox(the TC servo's 1257,1258) are a no no.
The reciever can't handle the current draw of the savox servo.
With Futaba reciever it isn't a problem as with the Team Orion servo's
I have several savox servo's and use them with a Futaba radio without problems.
ESC i use are Tekin and Hobbywing 120amp V2.1.
Did use a spectrum with the Savox and problems with the servo's taking to much current and shutting the steering down.

regards Roy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.