R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-22-2012, 05:14 AM   #1576
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomaseh View Post
Quick question: If i change from 20T center pulleys to 19T center pulleys, would the car go faster? Aka. increase Internal drive ratio? Or slower? decrease Internal Drive Ratio?
With a 20 tooth centre pulley the FDR is 1.9 (38/20) With a 19t the FDR is 2.0 (38/19) . So technically slower top speed with the same pinion and spur
Old 05-22-2012, 05:36 AM   #1577
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Quick question: If i change from 20T center pulleys to 19T center pulleys, would the car go faster? Aka. increase Internal drive ratio? Or slower? decrease Internal Drive Ratio?
Like cannon said, slower.

But it will free the car up a bit, which would probably let you run a bigger pinion or more timing with the same motor temps. So while its slower, you could make it go faster as a result.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:06 AM   #1578
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In desperate need for 3R to finish there backorders of everyone elses parts so they can get to making more sakura bits and pieces. Anyone know of any US based shops that might have the aluminum steering rack for the Zero. its been on backorder for 2 months now. and car is down until i get new steering. The plastics have gone stretchy. car is uncontrollable on the straights
rageracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:10 AM   #1579
Tech Apprentice

Hmmm, I drove faster than I have done before with 19T pulleys than with 20T. Running a FDR around 4.41 with 13.5T on a medium/small track. Then I have to buy a bigger pinion
Thomaseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #1580
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageracing View Post
In desperate need for 3R to finish there backorders of everyone elses parts so they can get to making more sakura bits and pieces. Anyone know of any US based shops that might have the aluminum steering rack for the Zero. its been on backorder for 2 months now. and car is down until i get new steering. The plastics have gone stretchy. car is uncontrollable on the straights
Seriously doubt the plastics on the car have worn to the point that it is undriveable. are you using the stock servo saver? If so change it. it sucks.

We have 10+ of these cars running at our track and no one has ever worn out a steering assembly.
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #1581
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
With a 20 tooth centre pulley the FDR is 1.9 (38/20) With a 19t the FDR is 2.0 (38/19) . So technically slower top speed with the same pinion and spur
Don't want to be pickey but you are referencing internal ratio and not FDR. Just trying to save some confusion.
Serpent S120 13.5
Old 05-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #1582
Tech Master

Quote:
Hmmm, I drove faster than I have done before with 19T pulleys than with 20T. Running a FDR around 4.41 with 13.5T on a medium/small track. Then I have to buy a bigger pinion
Probably lost a lot of drivetrain resistance by loosening the belts. Resistance will kill top end, acceleration, run times and will generate heat.
Serpent S120 13.5
Old 05-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #1583
Tech Adept

Questions?? 19T pulley minor issue

Hi everyone,

Just started my Sakura Zero S build, and just received the alluminum gear adapter and 19 tooth center pully set. Having a minor issue of installing the pulley set to the gear adapter. I see the guides, but it feels as if I have to really force the 19 tooth set onto the gear adapter. Are they really that hard to install, or is there some sort of trick to getting them on?

I am really looking forward to getting the Zero S built and on the track. Have heard so many good things about this chassis, and want to see if it how it compares to my TC4.

Thanks again for all your all's help.
Home Track = Jeff's RC Studio,(Fort Myers, Florida)
NewRCSim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:30 AM   #1584
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah it's a real tight fit, i used a small file to put a 45 deg angle on the start of the adapter but in the end i still had to gently tap it on with a hammer
thefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:39 AM   #1585
Tech Adept

Thanks for the quick reply
Home Track = Jeff's RC Studio,(Fort Myers, Florida)
NewRCSim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:27 AM   #1586
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Previously in this thread there was a post on using the 416 rear shock tower mount on the Zero s. Does this conversion require the longer shocks or does it sue the shorter shocks that come in the kit?

SERCCC, www.serccc.com
Space for rent!
luda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #1587
Tech Rookie

Hello,

I am starting my first on-road build with the Sakura Zero S to run in the local GT10 class. We will be running brushed 27T Axial motors. I have been searching the forum for FDR recommendations, but I can't find FDR consistancy. What FDR should I start with when using the 19T center pulley and a Axial 27T brushed motor?

Thanks for your time.
JasonUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #1588
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonUT View Post
Hello,

I am starting my first on-road build with the Sakura Zero S to run in the local GT10 class. We will be running brushed 27T Axial motors. I have been searching the forum for FDR recommendations, but I can't find FDR consistancy. What FDR should I start with when using the 19T center pulley and a Axial 27T brushed motor?

Thanks for your time.
Depends on track size, on a small indoor track I've used that motor at 5.5, and on a large outdoor track at 4.5. which is why you won't find an consistent numbers. Find out what the other races are runing? Or just start at the 5.5, run for a minute and check the temps. Keep running and checking to see how it goes, and if it gets to hot stop and let it cool down, and go down a tooth on the pinion and try again. If you make it race distance and it's still cool, then maybe go up a tooth, but check the temps.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:29 AM   #1589
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luda View Post
Previously in this thread there was a post on using the 416 rear shock tower mount on the Zero s. Does this conversion require the longer shocks or does it sue the shorter shocks that come in the kit?
Hi sakura s drivers,
I have recently made the purchase of a shiny new pink box filled with sakura s goodness.
After reading through the whole thread I have an addition to the above query. Can you use the standard height sakura x1 rear shock tower instead of the trf416 tower?

Hope to hear from the experts soon.

Cheers,
Patrick
pmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:34 AM   #1590
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmac View Post
Hi sakura s drivers,
I have recently made the purchase of a shiny new pink box filled with sakura s goodness.
After reading through the whole thread I have an addition to the above query. Can you use the standard height sakura x1 rear shock tower instead of the trf416 tower?

Hope to hear from the experts soon.

Cheers,
Patrick
I'm about to test that as soon as my parts arrive. By quick comparisons, using a zero front bulk head cover, with the XI standard tower, should still fit standard size shocks. The 416 tower is basically a +4 tower. you can't use the XI bulk head cover though, the screws are about 2mm further apart.

Only ordered them mid last week, so probably won't have the bits until end of next week, or early the week after.