R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2012, 06:22 AM   #1531
Tech Elite
 
Stanfsu's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,228
Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Stanfsu
Default

All - Just bought the Sakura S Zero. Great Car. Silly question. I do not see where you can hook up the receiver antenna? Is there an antenna post?

Thanks -
__________________
Losi | Futaba
Low Ballers will be ignored!
Stanfsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #1532
Tech Champion
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 5,631
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanfsu View Post
All - Just bought the Sakura S Zero. Great Car. Silly question. I do not see where you can hook up the receiver antenna? Is there an antenna post?

Thanks -
Check page 19 of the manual. Picture in the upper left corner shows the plastic antenna mount.
SteveM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #1533
Tech Elite
 
Stanfsu's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,228
Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Stanfsu
Default

Got it. I see it now. Thanks
__________________
Losi | Futaba
Low Ballers will be ignored!
Stanfsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #1534
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northeast GA
Posts: 1,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquito View Post
Just got mine in the mail a couple of days ago and it's been a pain in the ass to build it, I already stripped an allen screw and I'm waiting to get a new part that broke during built...this is my first and last build from now on only RTR lol
Hope your not too serious about being your last build. you will miss out on a lot. Having good tools, patience, and good forearm endurance is the key. Mine went together without a problem. Even built the fgx without a problem. A few people have complained about the screws in the kit. I didn't have a problem there either. Been racing this car for quite a few months and have done a few complete tear downs and still on the original screws.
__________________
3Racing Sakura XI 17.5 TC
Formula Rabbit (FGX conversion) 21.5
STRC LCG 2WD Slash 17.5
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #1535
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northeast GA
Posts: 1,685
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanfsu View Post
All - Just bought the Sakura S Zero. Great Car. Silly question. I do not see where you can hook up the receiver antenna? Is there an antenna post?

Thanks -
Congrats on the zero s. You will have a ton of fun racing at hotshots in marietta. A lot of sakuras on the track and a lot of racer support. I'm running the yellow usgt corvette right now. soon to be a gold Ford gt. I'm also running the red ferrari f1 car. I usually run Saturdays but I won't be there this weekend. Trying to make it out this Wednesday. If you come out be sure to say hi.
__________________
3Racing Sakura XI 17.5 TC
Formula Rabbit (FGX conversion) 21.5
STRC LCG 2WD Slash 17.5
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #1536
Tech Apprentice
 
sporadicidiocy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Darkside of the spoon
Posts: 82
Default

Yea... a bit of oil on the screws, and tapping the holes first helps a bunch.

Oh and a good set of hex/allen is a must.. can't really cheap out there.

believe me, I learned that that hard way.
__________________
90% Sakura Zero: Reventon S V3.0 10.5T
Sakura Ultimate: GTB2 17.5T
F104 Pro: SXX V2 Trackstar 21.5T
F103 Chevronmodels 6-wheel conversion
sporadicidiocy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #1537
Tech Regular
 
aquito's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oceanside CA
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6376vette View Post
Hope your not too serious about being your last build. you will miss out on a lot. Having good tools, patience, and good forearm endurance is the key. Mine went together without a problem. Even built the fgx without a problem. A few people have complained about the screws in the kit. I didn't have a problem there either. Been racing this car for quite a few months and have done a few complete tear downs and still on the original screws.
Yea probably not my last build Jaja be used I'm enjoying building it..I think next time I will prepare myself with better tools..anyone have a suggestion on how to make the threads on the screws go easier? I heard u can put some grease on the tip of the screw helps?
aquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #1538
Tech Addict
 
Rozzt_iwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: sydney
Posts: 559
Send a message via MSN to Rozzt_iwa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquito View Post
Yea probably not my last build Jaja be used I'm enjoying building it..I think next time I will prepare myself with better tools..anyone have a suggestion on how to make the threads on the screws go easier? I heard u can put some grease on the tip of the screw helps?
judy power tool set saves you hands
http://www.nbhc.com.au/products/SET-...%2C-3.0MM.html
+
7mm socket
http://www.nbhc.com.au/products/POWE...0-x-90-MM.html
+
1.5 pinion
http://www.nbhc.com.au/products/ALLE...-MM-%252d.html
__________________
B5M (17.5),cactus (17.5),sc10 short corse truck (10.5), sakura s zero VTA(21.5),mini-z
www.nbhc.com.au
supporting local hobby shops
http://www.iwawrestling.com.au
Rozzt_iwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:59 AM   #1539
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I thought the screws went in easy compared to all the 1/8 scale cars i've built anyway
thefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #1540
Tech Elite
 
Stanfsu's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,228
Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Stanfsu
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6376vette View Post
Congrats on the zero s. You will have a ton of fun racing at hotshots in marietta. A lot of sakuras on the track and a lot of racer support. I'm running the yellow usgt corvette right now. soon to be a gold Ford gt. I'm also running the red ferrari f1 car. I usually run Saturdays but I won't be there this weekend. Trying to make it out this Wednesday. If you come out be sure to say hi.
Thank Cannot make it this week but I will be there soon. Saturday nights are better for me. I have been there several times on the off-road track. This is my first on-road car and I am excited. I plan to race the VTA class soon. I will stop and say hi. I just painted a blue BMW body last night and it looks great
__________________
Losi | Futaba
Low Ballers will be ignored!
Stanfsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #1541
Tech Addict
 
FauxMako's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanfsu View Post
Thank Cannot make it this week but I will be there soon. Saturday nights are better for me. I have been there several times on the off-road track. This is my first on-road car and I am excited. I plan to race the VTA class soon. I will stop and say hi. I just painted a blue BMW body last night and it looks great
Welcome aboard. I think I met you a couple of weeks ago. Saturdays are normally less stressful as the series night is Wednesday (we're between series now anyway, but ...)

You do know that the BMW won't be VTA legal, right? If it's your first time on road and on the track it'll probably only last a few weeks anyway

VTA has an approved body list. See http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/index.html
__________________
Mike

3 3Racing Sakura Zeros: Mustang Boss VTA // Lexus LFA USGT // MazdaSpeed 6 TC
Mini M03 & M05
Life is better with a soundtrack
FauxMako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #1542
Tech Elite
 
Stanfsu's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,228
Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Stanfsu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxMako View Post
Welcome aboard. I think I met you a couple of weeks ago. Saturdays are normally less stressful as the series night is Wednesday (we're between series now anyway, but ...)

You do know that the BMW won't be VTA legal, right? If it's your first time on road and on the track it'll probably only last a few weeks anyway

VTA has an approved body list. See http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/index.html
Yes I know. I guess I bought the BMW body to practice with and it looked nice I do plan to get the VTA body soon along with the Novak setup. For now, I will use my spare esc/motor (17.5) that I have laying around.
__________________
Losi | Futaba
Low Ballers will be ignored!
Stanfsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #1543
Tech Master
 
rcduder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 1,124
Default

i know this has nothing to do with this car but ive always thought it would be cool if 3racing came out with a 1/12 pan car that's not expensive like they did with the sakura zeros s make it out of the non expensive parts and such like the zero s and not out of all graphite and aluminum
rcduder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #1544
Tech Adept
 
redbarton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 230
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcduder View Post
i know this has nothing to do with this car but ive always thought it would be cool if 3racing came out with a 1/12 pan car that's not expensive like they did with the sakura zeros s make it out of the non expensive parts and such like the zero s and not out of all graphite and aluminum
I'm a little surprised they haven't done that, too. I like my Zero S's a lot and an inexpensive 3Racing 1/12 pan would make a nice addition to my collection.
redbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #1545
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northeast GA
Posts: 1,685
Default

Maybe the 1/12 is next???? It really makes sense for them to do it the way they did. F1 is very popular in aisa and a 4wd tc chassis is popular everywhere. Around here 1/12 is a come and go class. I haven't run my serpent in months. it sure is fun to drive though.
__________________
3Racing Sakura XI 17.5 TC
Formula Rabbit (FGX conversion) 21.5
STRC LCG 2WD Slash 17.5
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sakura Zero - New Touring Car! InZane Electric On-Road 1355 02-14-2014 05:14 PM
New to the RC scene...need some help! Jmoney12 Rookie Zone 13 06-15-2010 10:21 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:16 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0