Wiki Posts
Search

Bolink Legends???????

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Bolink Legends???????

I did a search and came up dry. does anyone race this class?
The reason i ask is im trying to get my Grandfather into the hobby and i let him drive my TC and he said its way to fast for his old reflexes but he would love to try mabey a slower car, so i fugured that this would be a great one for him. But i have NO CLUE what motor they run in this class, so ANY info you might have my Grandfater and me would would be very greatfull
Old 09-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Very few places run them, sometimes you can find an oval track that will hold a race everyonce in while. Bolink has been out of business for close to 10 years, so finding parts is next to impossible.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by nitsuj2k; 12-03-2022 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Yea i knew Bolink had been out of buisness, but RJSpeed makes the same car and my LHS sells them. i just said Bolink Legend because everyone is familiar with them enough to know what i was talking about
Old 09-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Tower Hobbies has all the parts and kits in stock.
RJ Speed is the current producer of the Legends cars.
www.rjspeed.com

As for motors and batteries, we run NiCads and 27 turn handout motors. But if it's for your grandfather, try a Tamiya silver can motor.

I've also heard of some people running 1cell lipos instead of 4-cell batteries.

Good Luck!!
Old 09-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

he did alright with my TC5 w/ 6.5 on 6c NiMh, but he said it was just to fast for him, and i think he would get into it due to the bodies they use in the class, plus i might get me one also just to mess with him
Old 09-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nitsuj2k

I don't know of anyone near me that races them anymore, but there is a forum for these cars in the oval car section.

http://www.bolink.com/
thanks i couldnt find it earlier(probly because i was searching in the E-onroad section)
Old 09-07-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JATOdriver
I did a search and came up dry. does anyone race this class?
The reason i ask is im trying to get my Grandfather into the hobby and i let him drive my TC and he said its way to fast for his old reflexes but he would love to try mabey a slower car, so i fugured that this would be a great one for him. But i have NO CLUE what motor they run in this class, so ANY info you might have my Grandfater and me would would be very greatfull
Do they run Vintage Trans-am (VTA) at your track? He might like the bodies and the slower pace with the closer speeds between all the drivers. Still very competitive.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

they do run the VTA here but i was just thinking $120 for the chassis, i have a Novack GTS ESC, and a Trinity 27t stocker that i coud setup for him, plus these are a simple chassis design with minimal parts, we used to race slot cars together, but the track closed down so i was just looking to get him something we could both do, and i know he would love this
Old 09-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JATOdriver
they do run the VTA here but i was just thinking $120 for the chassis, i have a Novack GTS ESC, and a Trinity 27t stocker that i coud setup for him, plus these are a simple chassis design with minimal parts, we used to race slot cars together, but the track closed down so i was just looking to get him something we could both do, and i know he would love this
I think VTA is going to be your best bet. You can easily find a used TC3, TC4, Yokomo or IDK something that will be competitive for that $120 you are talking about. You can run a 4cell 27t setup with your gear although it wont be the most competitive setup.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Dusting off an old thread...

We run Legends at our track every Tuesday night and Saturday afternoon.
We have 12 or so on Tues, not sure on Sat as I've not been able to do a Sat race, but weekends are usually busier.

We run stock chassis, Legends bodies only, no bearings, no chassis mods, wire steering links with double collars ( no turnbuckles), any spec tires with stripe,4 cell batts- either 1600 Spec packs or 3800mah but only the ones made at the store with their logo. Motor is a Duratrax Photon Speed from a Duratrax Evader.

Lots of fun, lots of paint rubbin'.
These cars can take a beating! They flip, bounce, and bump. Most of the time they land on their feet and keep going.

I bought mine used without a king pin brace so one night I broke a king pin, the next heat broke the axle plate. I rebuilt it with the brace and haven't had a problem since.

I started with a Losi Late Model and much prefer the Legend.

We also run the RJ Speed 3.2 Sport , box stock with 3000mah 6 cells and Photon motors as a C.O.T class.
this class is picking up interest as it is cheaper than 1/10 or 1/12 pan car.

Dan
Old 03-08-2010, 04:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Bolink name was bought afew years ago and they make Legends still. But the orginal person that made the car(at Bolink) is Rick Jordan now RSSpeed.Trying to get Legends racing going again down here in a few months.
There is one place on the outskirts of Orlando that now races Legends, I heard on Monday nights?
I hope the the new 3.2 car is working good.I know I would like to have one of those to race (slightly modified) for WGT.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
The Bolink name was bought afew years ago and they make Legends still. But the orginal person that made the car(at Bolink) is Rick Jordan now RSSpeed.Trying to get Legends racing going again down here in a few months.
There is one place on the outskirts of Orlando that now races Legends, I heard on Monday nights?
I hope the the new 3.2 car is working good.I know I would like to have one of those to race (slightly modified) for WGT.
Rick Jordan, theres a name from the past. Bullfrog I have a Bolink story for you.....many years ago we where getting our parts to run Bandito proto-types at Cleveland and got some spares with the cars. Not really thinking about it much we got one set of front arms that didn't look the same as the rest, but being a protype car, thought it was just a variant of the original arm. Several months went by and happened to be talking to Rick, and told him about these weird looking arms that we got all packaged up, a long silence on his end, then he told me that they had accidently packaged and shipped us the jigs that they used to cut the arms and they had been looking for them for some time and finally made new ones. LOL
Old 03-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

How is that 3.2 holding up?

In Palm Bay, FL we've been thinking of adding it as a Spec/Intro class to our RCGT program. We like the simplicity and price but it would be a second class for the regulars and a solid kit for new people. However, none of us have picked one up, nor have we seen any comprehensive reviews and opinions on it.

I also wish it came with a different body... Daytona Prototype would be cool for road racing.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This car would work good in WGT or RCGT. The only Daytona I've seen is the proto type of the Brumos Porsche in 1/18th scale.I've had that for several years. Some guy in Calif made a few even had it mounted on a Bud's chassis. It needed some improvements to fit that chassis.
Anyway back to Legends the frontend Rick has now for the Legends (3 piece) he's had for awhile. And for the 3.2 chassis,that's been around awhile with the other rearend.It will work as it is a proven spec type chassis with a very improved rear end!
As for legends racing it is always fun for everyone.RJspeed has done the new research on this car and you could get anyone a brand new set-up for under $300.00 at any hobbyshop.That everything. Yes you could upgrade afew thing but not much-radio and charger. Like I said hopefully we'll have something going here in Jacksonville by the hot summer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.