Wiki Posts
Search

M8 versus KoPropo Ex 10 Helios

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Default M8 versus KoPropo Ex 10 Helios

Hi all of you,

I'm wondering wich radio is better, the Airtronics M8 or the Ko Ex10 Helios.

Post your reactions please.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:35 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quality and function are pretty much the same. Go with whichever one feels better in your hand.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have had both and the KO HELIOS is the better for my needs, much better feel and balance
Old 07-06-2004, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for your reply!

And the quality of the reciever.
Heard that the Ex 10 helios has a very nice one, especially when compared with the stock M8 reciever.

How about it?

Thank you in advantage.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

the ko is very comfortable and the receiver is sooo small,you would like it-all functions are available and not hidden like the abs in the m8.
Go with the helios
Old 07-06-2004, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by wothrottle
the ko is very comfortable and the receiver is sooo small,you would like it-all functions are available and not hidden like the abs in the m8.
Go with the helios
I've had both radios and prefer the Helios. It is much much lighter, which is nice for those 45 minute nitro mains . The receiver is nice and small, but expensive to buy a second one for another car ($100). I also liked the comfort of the Helios because it uses a rubber grip instead of a plastic one. The display is backlit, which is also nice. The only thing I liked better on the M8 was the larger display. Another cool thing for the M8 is that Airtronics just came out with a synthesizer system for it.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Originally posted by 2Tenths
I've had both radios and prefer the Helios. It is much much lighter, which is nice for those 45 minute nitro mains . The receiver is nice and small, but expensive to buy a second one for another car ($100). I also liked the comfort of the Helios because it uses a rubber grip instead of a plastic one. The display is backlit, which is also nice. The only thing I liked better on the M8 was the larger display. Another cool thing for the M8 is that Airtronics just came out with a synthesizer system for it.
I know they are planning on releasing the syn. system soon, more like later on this month, they're just waiting on Japan to get them shipped.
Believe me, I'm on their butts about this. I just spent all my money that I had saved up for the Tx module & Rx.

So back to E-Bay to sell more stuff... back to the thread, I haven't felt how the Helios feels in my hand but the M-8 feels awesome, that's why I'm picking one up.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

their both good pick the one that suits you best
Old 07-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've used both the m8 and the helios, but I own a helios. So far it is the best radio hands down. The menus are easy the scroll through, and it's feels very comfortable. It's the only radio that I haven;t had to spend time getting used to. Plus liek 2Tenths said, the Rx is uber small and is great for 1/12 cars with limited space.

-Sushi Boy
Old 07-06-2004, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default helios synth

jaybee - where did you get your info on the synth modules? i was considering a helios awhile ago, but the lack of synth modules was holding me back from making the committement.

i e-mailed KO (from their web site), and received a response back that they were not developing synth for the helios, but would be for a future offering.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: helios synth

Originally posted by gee-dub
jaybee - where did you get your info on the synth modules? i was considering a helios awhile ago, but the lack of synth modules was holding me back from making the committement.

i e-mailed KO (from their web site), and received a response back that they were not developing synth for the helios, but would be for a future offering.
Sorry I was so confusing but syn. items that I mentioned are for the M-8. And my info comes right from the horses mouth- AIRTRONICS
Old 07-07-2004, 03:09 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

Is it legal to race with the syn modul?

Still see a lot of racers using normal crystals?

How about it?

Thank you.