What is the BEST touring car?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the BEST touring car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

really? Man we have some dumb fu*ks here in charlotte. I ask for help and get the wrong answers. A guy told me they would snap if I didnt replace them every run. Guess he didnt want me to have the same car as he did,... tried to sway me away. I think it was the xray...... so whats the difference, speed wise between mod and stock.....I've sen mod t3 and t4s and they haul milk... I guess tc's are faster?
Old 07-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by hobbipro
My car is the best TC out there, and you cant have it!
I'm guessing your talking about a pro 4 in your signature. Bet ya cant drive it.....
Old 07-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the number of turns of the motor is how it rates at speed. The lowest numbers being the fastest. Stock motors run 27turn, another class is 19t & the other is modified. Where you run whatever you want. Most tracks also have a Sportsman class that runs stock motors, that's what I recomend for you. Since you sound like a new-comer.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah i'll start out in sportsman...as soon as I decide on a car...I'd look like a ignorant dumbass with this fast car slapping the hell out of the walls every time I pull the trigger. What cars do you guys run, what are the strong and weak points of that car?
Old 07-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've ran the TC3 for 3 races (pre-worlds & 2 state races) & I'm selling it. I dont like the feel of it. I'm getting an Xray, I drove my friends & its like night & day!
Old 07-05-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

I need a car thats easy to work on. I have a very short patience for fixing things. The most I'll work on it is for like 30 mins, then here comes the frustration. I remember a while back, I got really mad at my emaxx because it wouldnt listen to throttle commands...the wheels would just shake. So I kicked it without even trying to figure out the problem. After a while I took it to the bench an took a good look. nothing worked so I bodyslammed it on its ass, then it flipped onto its forehead and the whole ass fell off the truck. It was pretty funny but not to me. Found out that a kid was running a tmaxx on my channel and I had the clip. That has nothing to do with anything, I just dont like cars that give constant problems. I need something that can take a few hits or backflips, and not cry about it......I checked with my lhs and they stock parts for all the major tc's except for the Mi2....theres not enough request for parts yet...... but parts arent an issue.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Nrctc3
I've ran the TC3 for 3 races (pre-worlds & 2 state races) & I'm selling it. I dont like the feel of it. I'm getting an Xray, I drove my friends & its like night & day!
Yeah, I just checked out the xray on their site. Theres a few different models. Wont rocks get stuck in the belts? Thats what happened on my rs42 nitro. That guy that told me I had to replace the belts every run had me thinking of ways to put nitro belts on it. Now that I know it isnt true.... I've opened up to belt drives. Is the corally assassin an good ride?
Old 07-05-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Geez after that statement, you shouldn't be driving at all!!!!

No wonder no one would let you drive their car. You gotta have patience, dude! Take a closer look at your hobby store; buy the car that has the most parts availible, option parts or standard parts. Once you learn to drive well then get a cars suitable to keep up with the local club. 9 time out of 10 it will be the car you already bought!

But you gotta have patience...... or a very deep wallet!
Old 07-05-2004, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah, I've gained about an extra 10 mins. of tolerance since then...that was about a year or 2 ago. I just need a car that sterdy enough to get its ass whipped and not cry or pout. More patience would help to..gotta work on that.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by GundamWZero
9 time out of 10 it will be the car you already bought!
DAMN.....I hate being the 10th man
Old 07-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

all REAL touring cars are great cars but i perfer losi XXX-S and team ASS TC3 the losi is belt but inclosed man no rocks can get in and its fast
Old 07-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

More like Team Slow-si.......
Old 07-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

Is the xxxs pretty strong?
Old 07-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The best touring car is the one you win with consistantly.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by 12cellnitro
Is the xxxs pretty strong?
1. Don't use stick packs with it
2. Buy alluminum rear uprights

Otherwise its a tank

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.