Wiki Posts
Search

New to on-road here

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Questions?? New to on-road here

Ive been bashing off-road since getting into the hobby last year and recently scored a Tc3 in very nice shape I must add in trade and cant seem to really get it as fast as my off-roads. Its lite and the drive train moves freely so theres nothing there. I got it as a roller and installed a, AE XP3 SS 2.4 Radio, standard JR servo, Novak GTB Spectrum ESC and a LRP Vector X-12 6.5t 5400kv motor. Im running the set up with a Turnigy 4500mAh 35c 2s so I know my electronics arent the issue. There really isn't an issue with it. Its fast, but not near what I expected. I installed this same set up in my 2wd Slash and got alot better speeds geared 20/86. I have the Tc3 geared 24/72 48p and was considering maybe 28t or something. This is the recommended gearing according to the websites Ive read. Is this not high enough? The ESSC temps at 85 and the motor tops out at 110 which I know could go up alot safely. Are the tiny wheels where Im losing my "umh" ?? Any help you could offer would be a help. Secondly...Has anyone ever used the onroads from HobbyPartz? They dont show or tell you what size Hex or if there just used strait on the axle w/pin. Other than this car I only own Trx trucks. I want to make shure, my Losi's used no hexs, so Im unshre how the tires will arrive. Are most on-road 1/10s 4wd with standerd 12mm hex? Thanks