Old 04-17-2011, 11:14 AM   #76
Tech Initiate

thinking about getting one so i can stop running my t1
Old 04-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #77
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Here you go...

U2252 Alloy Gear Adaptor-Schum and Kimbro

go to www.racing-cars.com and have a look throught the current parts listings for bits. They have the carbon fibre upper and lower decks as well.
Proudly Sponsored by Stanbridges Hobbies
Serpent S411
jrxs-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #78
Tech Adept

hi happy easter
could some one make a list of hop ups that would be good for this car
going to be running it on carpet& rubber wheels, 17.5 stock class
and should i use stock carpet set up even its for foam tires?

thanks for any info
urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:02 AM   #79
Tech Apprentice

TC beginner here,

raced my mi1 for the first time last week, infact it was my first ever run of a touring car full stop!

had a shocking first 2 heats, transponders that didnt work, then i managed to snap one of the front CVD's (is this common? i'm running a spool and the stock plastic cvd's) and totally shred one of the rear tires :S

Didnt have any spares but i soldiered on and put in a few clean laps in my 3rd and final heat

Managed to qualify 3rd in the D final and went on to win!

Was really impressed with the car, even with my slow setup (27t brushed with nimh) i was out manoeuvring 13.5t brushless setups with ease and putting in faster laps because of it!

Such a cheap little car, great for learning on and easy to setup... now i just hope my spare cvd's arrive before tomorrow's racing
bazzokajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #80
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I belive that plastic cvd's have never been supposed to last spool. I would go with at least alloy version (I know that there was Mi2 steel version as well).
lochness42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #81
Tech Rookie

Had an Mi1 now for 6 months and love it but am starting to get issues running on Ashphalt, the design of the rear drive system does not allow stones/debris to pass through.
Noticed this early on and made a small belt guard for the initial drive belt. This has let me race turbo/advance 13.5T competitivly against cyclone, Mi4TB evo 5 and TC3. Still getting the odd stone in resorted in cutting a square hole under the rear diff as per most TC's, yet to race it since.

BTW,
the Mi4cx spool fits fine and is better, I use steel Fusion CVD's and Ally front diff housings, only broken parts so far is the rear belt and damaged rear pulley.
beale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #82
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

are the diffs the same teeth count ? i want a rear gear diff and spool up front
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:15 AM   #83
Suspended

I use this car in VTR class (like VTA in USA, I`m from Finland) but the original version.
I have 2 of this car and the other one is carbon version and with that I have not so much tire grip on tarmac.
I have made spool from the diff and it is very easy to do it.
You take the spring washers and thrust bearing of and put long screw through the whole diff and screw tight and I promise it will work very good.
The drive shaft I use is the plastic ones and I have not had any problem with them.
The only thing that I have had some problem is that in the middle of corner the car is not so smooth in speed.
I think it has something to do with the driveshafts but not sure. All the bearrings are in smooth condition.
The shocks I use is the old version of TRF shocks (gray color).
I dont understand how the car is so unbrakeable, I have not brake any parts from this car. And have to say that I have drive with this car alot.
I can recommended this car to everyone. It is easy to tune and very easy to drive and you`ll not need lots of spare parts with you when you are driving it.

Jerzi
jerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:18 PM   #84
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Although I now have 2 MI4LP's and 2 MI2EC's, I still plan on getting a MI1. My old mission was bulletproof also. Rarely broke anything. It's still just a simple, well performing design. I plan on promoting it heavily for our new club members.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #85
Tech Adept

As it says the parts are interchangeable I should be able to fit the new chassis to the old mission ? anyone tried this.
Monkeys punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #86
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeys punk View Post
As it says the parts are interchangeable I should be able to fit the new chassis to the old mission ? anyone tried this.
never had a chance but if it does let us know... thinking of doing the same to mine
Old 09-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #87
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Skype™ to flyfish

Its debut was 2001.It is impressive for me.
flyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #88
Tech Apprentice

since upgrading to a 13.5t brushless system i seem to be breaking alot of belts... mainly the little rear one that does all the driving... any ideas why this may be? or anyone else experiancing this?
bazzokajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:46 AM   #89
Tech Rookie

i'm still interested in one of these, so interested in your experiences, especially on carpet

cheers!
frst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:32 AM   #90
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzokajoe View Post
since upgrading to a 13.5t brushless system i seem to be breaking alot of belts... mainly the little rear one that does all the driving... any ideas why this may be? or anyone else experiancing this?
If its not boosted, then your about the same power as my 17.5 boosted setup. I run the black Mod belts on it, not the Stock grey ones, and they hold up just fine. Infact, Ive never killed a belt because of the power, only because of rock damage till i solved that one with a dremel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frst View Post
i'm still interested in one of these, so interested in your experiences, especially on carpet

cheers!
I race mine on both Carpet and Parking lot, as I said above in 17.5 Boosted. What would you like to know?

It handles pretty good, but I haven't quite got it nailed, but we run on astro turf thats worn down, so low grip carpet. I run sway bars all around for this, and schumacher white springs, with 40wt oil. The main thing I've found is if you want to run foam you have to cut anything but 26mm fronts. 30mm rears, and even 28mm jaco's need to be cut down to 26mm.

On rubber I got sweep 30 exp's to hook up better then the foams on the same setup, didnt even change the ride height for going to rubber. Fastest lap and consistency both dropped. I actually beat a TC6 running mod in that race. To be fair, it was a very close battle most of the race, then he got infront about 3 laps to go, i kept with him but dropped back about 5-6 secs on the last lap. Something broke on his car and handed me the win . But it was close the whole race.

I plan on trying sweep QTS 28s at the next race, and will be tuning the setup for them.