Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree84Likes

Schumacher Mi1

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Don't forget that you can order the optional spur adaptor that accepts kimbourgh style spur gears, then gearing up or down to the extremes will not be a problem.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Good morning. Sorry, I'd forgotten how the body posts were mounted on the Mission.
Regarding batteries, I was referring to the Lipo hard case packs with humps on the bottom vs. a flat bottom. Some cars may not provide enough heighth between chassis plate and battery hold down therefore you must use a flat bottom battery.
Gearing concern was more toward motor mount. Again, some chassis not totally designed for lipo may not provide enough motor movement needed for some of the higher brushless ratios IE: bigger pinions
I'm still considering the MI1 as I just bought a used tc5 and a brand new Exotek chassis. Want to consider the MI1 before I run that car. I do love Schumacher cars !
BTW, have you purchased new parts after you bought the car ? Wondering where you bought from and how the service was? Thanks
I got the first Mission in a trade for my twelve scale,the guy actually had enough parts to build two more cars. I had two Axis cars and from those only the body posts and cvd's would fit along with some steering parts and all the lower and upper arms.If I had to go to the track and bring all my spare parts, I would need a milk crate just to fit everything.That is one of the reasons why I went with the new Mission. If you gonna use the lipo's with the c-cell grooves ,you better off using the original Mission chassis, but you would have to cut slots for the tape to pass through. Brownies hobbies on Staten Island is the place that I would order parts from, he is an authorized dealer and a good guy.I have an extra chassis with the sub-c cell cut outs.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Wow... I still have the original Mission Carbon with a bunch of options (alloy bulkheads, steel drive shafts, front one way, etc.) but is basically not drivable since it's missing some parts and the bottom plate, bearings, and other pieces are fairly worn out.

What if I buy the kit (only $165 at amainhobbies or is it cheaper somewhere else?) and build it using some of the decent options from my original Mission? As I see it, the performance for the price is hard to beat and from my experience, the Mission is very durable.

For $100+ more, I could get the Xray T3R, but I'm not sure of its durability and I don't know if I can utilize its full potential.

Please keep posting your findings on the updated Mi1
Old 02-02-2011, 04:17 AM
Tech Adept

honestly....i found this car pointless...touring car speaking!

i mean...i wont use it in touting car race, and who would?
i just do not consider this one as an entry level in touring car...it is more like a toy for me!
it does not even have geometryes compatible to touring car...
which an entrly level should have because it has to teach you how to setup a car...how to build it ecc...

my personal opinion again...there is no need of it actually as schuamcher had already the mi4lp race version...cheap but very very solid and beautiful...i had it and it really worth the money...i could even race with that one...
btw even xray had the R version which should be as good as mi4race...

what i m trying to say is that i do not see the point here, i can not understand which should be the target for this car...as i do not believe it should be considered 100% touring car, compared with the nowadays standards..
but i might be wrong...
Old 02-02-2011, 04:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Where can I find front spool for this car?
Old 02-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jackdani

i just do not consider this one as an entry level in touring car...it is more like a toy for me!
which an entrly level should have because it has to teach you how to setup a car...how to build it ecc...

my personal opinion again...there is no need of it actually as schuamcher had already the mi4lp race version...cheap but very very solid and beautiful...i had it and it really worth the money...i could even race with that one...

what i m trying to say is that i do not see the point here, i can not understand which should be the target for this car...as i do not believe it should be considered 100% touring car, compared with the nowadays standards..
but i might be wrong...
Well I would say you are well entitled to your opinion, but the chassis has been around a long time, and a fact that can not be denied is that it is reliable, sturdy, and easy to set up.

But this car may not be for everyone, its not a full fledged factory chassis - its meant as a Beginners entry into Touring Cars!

So for anyone looking to get into TC and not have to worry so much about the chassis getting tweaked as quickly as the newer generation of cars - this is pretty much a great car at a great price.

For those that rather not try it, that is ok - but for those of us that have driven the old chassis and those that have the new one all is well.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mp4-13
I am not sure in the US right now it is Schumacher Part Number U3808

Hope this helps out a bit
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Mi1-schumacher-spool-u3808.jpg  

Last edited by drbelleville; 02-22-2011 at 06:05 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mp4-13
new part number is U3808 or u2797
you could try that hpi guy on ebay
Old 02-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jackdani

but i might be wrong...
Found this post pointless... posting pointless posts speaking...

The Original Mission/Mi1 is damn fine example of a car designed to be put a track every weekend and raced... not a setup nightmare that a lot of modern touring car chassis have become...

In classes like 21.5 and 17.5 the Mi1 will hold its own and often embarrass cars that cost much more and (as you pointed out) have much more "adjustments"... and how many do you need about the only one the Mi1 is missing is roll center and most new drivers/racers should steer well clear of mucking about with that one until they know how to actually drive
Old 02-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

It's funny how some rc drivers think. In every form of sport involving the skill of driving, starting at slower speeds with less complex equipment is the norm. In the RC hobby, it seems way too many believe , or are led to believe, that they are somehow lesser beings if they don't race with the car of the day or electronics flavor of the month. Someone in another thread made the statement, "How does going slower make you a better driver ?" Hmmm... I guess rc racers either have the ability or just need to find another hobby. And we wonder why people leave rc so quickly.
In my mind the MI1/Mission is a great chassis. Sadly, I believe you fellas on the other side of the pond or down under understand this better than we do. Class programs at that level seems to be quite strong there.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I agree with simple cars like this one being valid, and for the price (I beleive $165.00 from Stormer) how can you go wrong. I never had a Mission but I had the Mi2 and it was pretty easy to operate in all, really good right out of the box and durable, I dig Schumacher...it was the sort of car that you really had to try to screw the set-up on it( to get it to perform poorly). The xxx-s was about the same. Lets put it this way.... you take a high-end car that is set up by a top level pro. Then you take a box stock Mi1. You trade cars with the Pro- who do you think is going to win? The Pro is. He has the skills behind the wheel, something that $$$ can't just handily replace. Anyways I see a number of adjustments that can be done on the Mi1. I honestly plan on grabbing one of these up sometime I see nothing wrong with older/cheaper.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

$165.00 from Stormer

so does stormer have lots of parts for mi1?
up in canada there is very little schumacher parts
what would a newbe need in his toolbox for parts?

im thinking about this car or ta-05v2(lots of tamiya parts)
i only race minis right now and would like to move up to tc
Old 02-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by urban
$165.00 from Stormer

Parts are available and I've heard getting parts from Schumacher is actually quite quick and easy. BUT...if you have great Tamiya support locally then you have to weigh the situation and decide for yourself. Both are great cars. I think you'll find that when answering the question "which car do I buy?" the number one answer is a question. "What kind of support do you have in your area?". If you buy a brand that's not supported locally, it just means more leg work on your part. Thats the decision YOU have to make.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Originally Posted by urban
$165.00 from Stormer

Its really hard to break a part on this car, its not one of those ''fragile'' touring cars.Having said that ....sure all cars break....but it definitely has a proven platform, and people deeming this or any car ''pointless'' is just plain silly.I don't race much nowadays, but I remember when I first tried out the original version of this car(many years ago) It was rocket and in the right hands it can beat any $800.oo touring Goliath. I remember when the TC3 came out....hell if you go back and look at the lap times recorded back then and compare them to today's cars ...I'm sure you will find that lap times have not changed.Easier chassis lay-outs have changed, easier ways of working on the car have changed, but forget the other factor as well''buyer loyalty''.I always loved the way the M1 had its own unique way of doing things .....just to get the same result, just using its own way of securing the diff's or whatever. The beauty of our hobby lays in the ''tinkering'' of it all. 99.9 of us all know that we wont be world champions, we do it because we love the activity and ''our'' cars.Organized racing is just the icing on the cake.We should not put down a type of racing that others enjoy ,or even a brand that others enjoy(unless they got a Strike) There is enough room in this hobby for all of us...even those of us that have a M1.I will run my M1 this summer in the rcgt or vta class.Good luck to the rest of you.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

HERE, HERE !!! 2nd that completely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.