Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree84Likes

Schumacher Mi1

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 08:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 5th wheel
Go down to 30wt or 27.5 oil no sway bars they suck if you're using the us GT tires they suck also.but they will work at -.5 or -1 camber I found they work better for me that way .Mi1 likes a lot of droop give it a shot. Lite oil if the track is bumpy 4 hole piston.
The track is in a high school drivers ed parking lot that has not been redone in a while so it is pretty bumpy. There is a really big bump on the big sweeper after the straight away that everyone gets pretty nervous about lol. I will try the lighter oil and I never installed the sway bars.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ImacFanatic
Schu3275?
The new number is G980.
These are made by Roche now, and I'm told are much stronger than the older Spec-R ones.
ImacFanatic likes this.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
The new number is G980.
These are made by Roche now, and I'm told are much stronger than the older Spec-R ones.
Thank you again, project started today and enjoying every step.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Thank you again, project started today and enjoying every step.
Nice enjoy the build.
ImacFanatic likes this.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by InfamousRacerX
Hi I recently purchased and assembled my Mi1V2. I took it out racing on Sunday and got smoked in USGT. It is my 3rd time racing in USGT and my first with this car first two races I used a Tamiya TT02 and I was getting smoked even worse. I bought new everything chassis motor, esc, and servo. Now my straight away speed is great It is equal to the fastest guys. Now in the turns the car will not turn and I have to either drift or take wide turns. Is this because I am running the front diff and not a spool?

I use to race touring cars on carpet about 13 years ago when nobody really used spools but it looks like I am at a big disadvantage not using one. I know I am not the best driver but I feel like I should at least be middle of the pack. I think I should maybe fill out a setup sheet so you guys can see how the car is setup and maybe give me some recommendations.

The track I run on is outside on pavement and is pretty large with a 120'-130' straight away.
did you get it sorted out and turning like you want and if so ,what was the fix?
Old 09-10-2017, 11:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 5th wheel
Going to try and get this thing running soon. And find out why and how it's bound up
did you get this sorted out and what was the fix?
im on bag 6 and getting close to finish, just wanting to be as dialed as possible when it hits the ground, thanks.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

To tell you the truth the only difference from box stock is I filled the shocks with losi 40wt oil all around I am using the AE copper springs up front and the reds in the back. I am also using the outside holes on the hub carriers and I did file down the other whole like your write up and I took out the orings in the rear toe links. other than that it was pretty much stock. I dunno if it will let me load a sheet since I do not have enough post, but I will put it up in my gallery.
looking for the gallery and the set up sheet for VTA , can you post it , i cant seem to find it and thanks .
Old 09-10-2017, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Just converted my dad's Mi1 over to a spool finally up front. It's a game changer with this car. Get the spool, and the G980 cv's, and you'll absolutely love it. No mods required, everything fits perfectly.
ImacFanatic likes this.
Old 09-10-2017, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

did you get this sorted out and what was the fix?
im on bag 6 and getting close to finish, just wanting to be as dialed as possible when it hits the ground, thanks.
Try the spool
ImacFanatic likes this.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:58 PM
Tech Initiate

looking for the gallery and the set up sheet for VTA , can you post it , i cant seem to find it and thanks .
I was running the car in USGT for the past couple of weeks. I just picked up a Mi4CXL for a smoking deal so I am switching everything over to that one.

I did get the Mi1 pretty dialed for my track I will try and get a setup sheet on how I have it up here soon.
ImacFanatic likes this.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:37 PM
Tech Adept

I was running the car in USGT for the past couple of weeks. I just picked up a Mi4CXL for a smoking deal so I am switching everything over to that one.

I did get the Mi1 pretty dialed for my track I will try and get a setup sheet on how I have it up here soon.
Awesome and thank you
Old 09-13-2017, 09:42 AM
Tech Adept

Default C hubs

Trim all 4 c hubs as pictured or just the steering end?
Reason I ask is because I trimmed one wrong and waiting for replacement in the mail. Ok to use inner hole on rear in meantime ?
Old 09-13-2017, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trim all 4 c hubs as pictured or just the steering end?
Reason I ask is because I trimmed one wrong and waiting for replacement in the mail. Ok to use inner hole on rear in meantime ?

Feeling hella dumb right bout now.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

I trimmed the inner hole on all four corners.
You can use the inner in the rear for now, it'll probably make the rear end feel super stuck, as in it won't rotate a ton, but it will still be plenty drivable I'm sure. You have to do a ton wrong to these cars to get them to turn to crap. They just seem to work. Lol.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
I trimmed the inner hole on all four corners.
You can use the inner in the rear for now, it'll probably make the rear end feel super stuck, as in it won't rotate a ton, but it will still be plenty drivable I'm sure. You have to do a ton wrong to these cars to get them to turn to crap. They just seem to work. Lol.
Thank you.
Noticing that the alloy c hubs have single mounting hole? Does it default to inner or outer position? No point in that upgrade if it is set to inner hole if so right?
Also? In regards to red o rings on rear track. Omit it from both sides or only center mount and leave them both installed on the front track assembly both positions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.