Like Tree84Likes

Schumacher Mi1

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stitchy
We're certainly looking into it!
I had sent an E-mail to schumacher asking, as I had an Mission, which is actually now in my nephews hands (actually collecting dust in his closet) what the changes were, but aside from the chassis they were a bit vague and stated that the parts between it and the M1 are interchangable. So I am thinking its the same Mission we all grew to love and enjoy from years ago.

Then again we will have to wait and see.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The best part about this for me, is the suspention parts I have been looking for to get an SST Axis going are all on this car. In fact with the chassis layout this thing looks like it will rock. When I first saw it I was thinking VTA also, but the more I think about it MOD rubber is where this thing should be.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macdude
The best part about this for me, is the suspention parts I have been looking for to get an SST Axis going are all on this car. In fact with the chassis layout this thing looks like it will rock. When I first saw it I was thinking VTA also, but the more I think about it MOD rubber is where this thing should be.
You have an axixs? I have a whole car and a spare chassis if you want it. Pm me.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Amain has the kit on pre-order for $164.99 US.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ouring-Car-Kit

With a $5 off coupon, that's $160!

Still, with the JRX-S R price having dropped to $199, I think I will probably go that route.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I was thinking along those lines too but realized thats an apples to oranges comparison. The JRXS is a great chassis but it's a top shelf race chassis. More importantly, even at $199 you know you're buying a discontinued chassis where parts will become an issue.
The MI1 is a re-design of a great chassis that should be competitive in a number of classes just as it was in it's original form, the Mission. Parts support for the Mission has continued all these years because it's still a popular club racer in Europe. Now, with some modern touches, it should have a great future due to the spec class movement (vta,gt,rcgt) and the general concensus that rc cars have just become to damned expensive.
So the real question should be "at what level am I racing and do I need the additional complexity"?
Old 11-24-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

I wonder why nobody has mentioned the fact that on the right side of the chassis, there is less than 3mm of CF where the tape is supposed to go (circled areas on my atachment).

Seriously, having such a great a idea ( re-releasing the car, with slight updates) and wasting it with what I think is the conception flaw of the year, is just ... discouraging. The car could be great, but falling into the narrow chassis trend for no bloody reason, with a car that is supposed to be for newcomers, is just the biggest disapointment. And by that I mean stupid.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Mi1-mi1_top_1000.jpg  
Old 11-24-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by heretic
I wonder why nobody has mentioned the fact that on the right side of the chassis, there is less than 3mm of CF where the tape is supposed to go (circled areas on my atachment).

Seriously, having such a great a idea ( re-releasing the car, with slight updates) and wasting it with what I think is the conception flaw of the year, is just ... discouraging. The car could be great, but falling into the narrow chassis trend for no bloody reason, with a car that is supposed to be for newcomers, is just the biggest disapointment. And by that I mean stupid.
I don't think it will be a weakness. The chassis is 3mm thick (or so), the corners are radiused, there isn't any real load from the tape.

I think the car is fine for newcomers. Although I think it is a shade expensive, and I'm surprised they are still supplying those awful shocks. They must have a big stockpile leftover from the 90s.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:53 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I always liked this car and done well with it. Simple but enough adjustments to still make it competitive. Just was a great over all car for me.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:32 AM
CA
Tech Apprentice

Like has been said there's no real load on the tape.

However included in the kit is a battery strap and tray which is not shown on any of the published pictures.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Of course I wasn't thinking of the load of the battery tape. I critcize the slot being too close to the edge for obvious solidity/ rigidity reasons. Corally has the same defect in many cases, and some previous Schumacher car as well: in critical areas exposed to potentially lots of impacts and flex forces, they use like a 3mm CF width or even less. Look at a SST98/99 chassis, you'll see what I mean : one small impact and the chassis is dead. For subC cars that was somehow excusable though, because they had to cut out for the cells, but on a lipo car ? Stupid IMHO. Furthermore they could have made the tape slot a bit shorter, the chassis a bit wider, problem solved.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CA
Like has been said there's no real load on the tape.

However included in the kit is a battery strap and tray which is not shown on any of the published pictures.
Is it really ?? From the manual, I gathered that the MI4/MI4LP battery setup was optional.
At $165 here in the US, I can't complain about the price. I considered the Sakura S but overall I think the MI1 is a better platform with all the right stuff to be competitive and yet worthy of further investment for upgrades.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

From looking at the exploded diagrams, I really hope an Mi1 PRO with CF/Titanium bits will be released... then I'll get one to compliment the coming Mi4CX!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

So does anyone have a chassis yet?
Old 12-14-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I do... couldn't resist for the little money that it costs!
Old 12-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Nice got some pics, and so far how has your experience been with the chassis so far?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.