Schumacher Mi1

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Tech Addict

so no one uses this car any more?
Old 05-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Not true, plenty of racers have them but they are mostly in the hands of beginners who haven't discovered rctech yet I just picked one up cheap and plan on making a club car out of it.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

I raced one extensively in our VTA class last season, and did quite well. Pm me if you have a few questions, you'd be surprised at how fast this car is....
Old 06-11-2013, 04:18 AM
Tech Initiate

I bought a Mi1 a few months back, had two meetings so far and I'm getting to now the car better. Waiting for a few alu parts I ordered.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

I have a few sakuras zero s only race a few times (im still a beginner and only did soso) and was thinking of buying this car to run in tc 17.5 binky (i hope to run every 2 weeks from this sept to feb) would it be a waste of money or should i stick with the zeros? for some reason I keep thinking about this car ?? . would any one have a screw list (i dont like torks)
cementsurfer how did you do with this chassis what are some parts you broke?
what do you guys like about it and dont like?
Old 06-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

schummacher Mi1 is a easy car to drive. Great balance and easy to adjust... id say get it. I have the original that went from touring car 21.5 to drift to 21.5 back to drift lol...so they are awesome little cars.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:01 AM
Tech Champion

FWIW.... I do not race with this car but I have seen a weak point on the chassis for a few people with this chassis.

The furthest screw holes on the rear of the chassis for the toe blocks appear to break on heavy impact.

Apart from this, they appear to be a durable, simple car that would be a good starting point for someone getting into TC.

That said, I would take a Sakura Zero S any day over one of these. They look to be the better car at my local club on carpet and are more durable as a whole.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Tech Initiate

So far mine has no issues, only thing I changed was to cut a hole in the bottom deck at the back where the diff is. On my first run a few stones got stuck and damaged the belt.

Cementsurfer, you going to sent me a few setupsheets.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Anyone know where to get a spur gear adapter to run other gears for lower ratios?
Old 09-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dustin
Anyone know where to get a spur gear adapter to run other gears for lower ratios?
try here
http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/New_Ca...Mi1/U2252.html
Old 12-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Picked up one of these to race on the carpet since our indoor off road track shut down. My Mi1 is all carbon and has a set of older Yokomo shocks on it and I must say I'm pretty impressed with this car for the price! There is a ton of Mi1's at the local carpet track here too.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tim W.
Picked up one of these to race on the carpet since our indoor off road track shut down. My Mi1 is all carbon and has a set of older Yokomo shocks on it and I must say I'm pretty impressed with this car for the price! There is a ton of Mi1's at the local carpet track here too.

That's great to see! The Mi1 really shines in Spec classes, because of how free the drivetrain is, as well as how simplified the setup can be. I'll post my updated setup sheet tonight when I get home.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
That's great to see! The Mi1 really shines in Spec classes, because of how free the drivetrain is, as well as how simplified the setup can be. I'll post my updated setup sheet tonight when I get home.
Ok! Yeah it really is the best bang for the buck in the TC class. I put all hex hardware and avid bearings on my car though!
Old 12-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tim W.
Ok! Yeah it really is the best bang for the buck in the TC class.
I couldn't agree more. That's what I set out to show last season, that you don't need to throw down mass coin to be competitive and have fun.
As of February, last season (When I had to stop for the year-new baby), the top two cars in Scale Spec points were Mi1's. Myself and my teammate Phil.

I've been playing with the Mi1 in Stock TC this season, to see if I could get a nice baseline for a novice to move up, and as a holdover until I was able to pick up the Mi5. I'll post that setup as well.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
I couldn't agree more. That's what I set out to show last season, that you don't need to throw down mass coin to be competitive and have fun.
As of February, last season (When I had to stop for the year-new baby), the top two cars in Scale Spec points were Mi1's. Myself and my teammate Phil.

I've been playing with the Mi1 in Stock TC this season, to see if I could get a nice baseline for a novice to move up, and as a holdover until I was able to pick up the Mi5. I'll post that setup as well.
If on road keeps growing in my area I plan to pick up an Mi5! I hadn't raced on road carpet in a few years that's why I went with the Mi1 for now. I'm running it as a mod/foam tire car cause that's still what we race here in potato land. haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.