Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Challenge Formula One"

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

T.Marshall, way to pump up F1 racing and create a repository for information, setups and all other things related to F1 rc racing... After the the Halloween Classic I will be "All In" on the F1 racing and hope to build (along with Apex and P.Caswel) a good group of guys at The Track to run the class...
Old 10-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apex
In the interview he says he is running a softer insert, but does not say which insert. What I don't get is that for TCS everything is all Tamiya hop-ups for F104, but you can use whatever insert you want? It doesn't make sense, unless Tamiya wants to you to try all types of inserts so you can buy plenty of their tires?!?
My understanding is they leave the insert rule open so people can try different inserts for different surfaces. You have to remember that this series runs all around the U.S., for that matter all around the world. Tamiya has done a pretty good job of setting the rules up to be tight, yet allowing some flexibility from track to track.

Everyone thinks tire inserts are something you have to buy at a hobby shop, what if he's running an insert that he made? It's very possible...and it maybe softer than the stock insert or a combination of stock and something else…

Just my .02 cents...I'm not trying to start any type of TCS rules debate.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Vyger,It's not a problem, you found the cure.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by The Teacher
T.Marshall, way to pump up F1 racing and create a repository for information, setups and all other things related to F1 rc racing... After the the Halloween Classic I will be "All In" on the F1 racing and hope to build (along with Apex and P.Caswel) a good group of guys at The Track to run the class...
Thankz T.Kizzle! Good Luck at the HC.

Originally Posted by Vyger
My understanding is they leave the insert rule open so people can try different inserts for different surfaces. You have to remember that this series runs all around the U.S., for that matter all around the world. Tamiya has done a pretty good job of setting the rules up to be tight, yet allowing some flexibility from track to track.

Everyone thinks tire inserts are something you have to buy at a hobby shop, what if he's running an insert that he made? It's very possible...and it maybe softer than the stock insert or a combination of stock and something else…

Hmmmmmmmm. What can I say...The cat's out the BAG.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

I had to come back to this post. Thanks Vyger for this truly valuble info.

For me 98 percent of the time Tires/Inserts make it of break it for me. There have been times when I've been lost with in my setup. I'd made a myriad of changes to the chassis and had no luck. Then by simply making a tire/insert change "Da-Da-Bing the car is dialed.

Tires and insert are everything! Just my .02 cents
Old 10-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Exclamation

I posted these pics on the other thread but thought it was important enough to share again.

It looks like we finally got an image of the new F104 McLaren from Tamiya. I hope we get to see some more pics. I don't think this is the most flattering angle of the car. Just my opinion. I wonder what version of the McLaren Tamiya used to model the RC after (ie, Monaco, Malaysia, Bahrain, etc, etc)?

Tamiya F104, Vodafone McLaren MP4/24 #58475

Real car images

Old 10-13-2010, 10:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

It's funny how Tamiya didn't use the "Johnnie Walker" decals on the rear wing
Old 10-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by abailey21
It's funny how Tamiya didn't use the "Johnnie Walker" decals on the rear wing
Technically they can't. Laws prevent alcohol and tobacco advertising on toy products, plastic models, RC cars, etc. It's not something I personally agree with since I enjoy the detail aspect. If memory serves me correctly I believe you can thank Hillary Clinton for this one.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

I posted these pics on the other thread but thought it was important enough to share again.

It looks like we finally got an image of the new F104 McLaren from Tamiya. I hope we get to see some more pics. I don't think this is the most flattering angle of the car. Just my opinion. I wonder what version of the McLaren Tamiya used to model the RC after (ie, Monaco, Malaysia, Bahrain, etc, etc)?

Tamiya F104, Vodafone McLaren MP4/24 #58475

Real car images

For me this is a MUST HAVE!
Old 10-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Who wants to see a technical article on making the front wings bend for higher downforce?
Old 10-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Who wants to see a technical article on making the front wings bend for higher downforce?
Greg, stop that! I'm still trying to learn how to keep the stickers on the tires.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe

Originally Posted by mxrich
Greg, stop that! I'm still trying to learn how to keep the stickers on the tires.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Addict

This was posted earlier today. It looks pretty sweet. Thats going to be a fun body to work on. Did you notice Tamiya already has the paint?

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=86048

Old 10-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

This was posted earlier today. It looks pretty sweet. Thats going to be a fun body to work on. Did you notice Tamiya already has the paint?

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=86048

Nice! I can't wait to get hands on this one.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

http://challengeformulaone.yolasite.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.