Wiki Posts
Search

"Challenge Formula One"

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Tires

found the attached picture very interesting. I have used tape in the past to secure the wheels while mounting as it applies pressure just where I want it. I find these unique F104 rims to be more challenging than normal to mount the tires on. Any other tricks on getting a nice seal?
Attached Thumbnails "Challenge Formula One"-instruction.jpeg  
Old 03-27-2011, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jujubean
found the attached picture very interesting. I have used tape in the past to secure the wheels while mounting as it applies pressure just where I want it. I find these unique F104 rims to be more challenging than normal to mount the tires on. Any other tricks on getting a nice seal?
Nice one Bean, Keep up the good work my friend.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Wow guys, great info!

I've had my head in the dirt/offroad lately but did run both Open (F103 foam for me) and the Realistic F104 rubber classes at the Season Opener of the UF1 Summer Series.
Managed wins in both classes in the 2nd and final A mains that day with the help of the truly quickest guys in each class having some issues similar to what I had in the first rounds.
I did manage to qualify 2nd in both classes tho so at least the car was up to it.

Anyway I noticed all of the different setups and results of the last posts and just have to say, partially joking but still that:

SET UP IS OVERRATED

Seriously though, when all is said and done, stiff/soft or even no springs, heavy/light oils or even no shock, ride heights, weight etc., the first and last word is tires and doping.

After finding the absolute best tire combo possible and you've tested and tuned your ass off, you are at the mercy of the dope process.

Dope = traction additive and "anti-traction" additive, CA Glue.

If you're spinning out, less dope or even CA the fronts.
Need steering, sauce more up front.
I think, simple as that, you know what I mean cuz nothing is really that simple.

That's what it took/takes to get me settled down no matter what or where I run, carpet or asphalt.

All the little stuff is just that, noticeable but still little stuff.

Last edited by F N CUDA; 03-29-2011 at 11:41 AM. Reason: wack spelling
Old 03-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Getting closer! i have added 12th scale open to the roster too! for those that dont know the date was changed to the 30th because of Easter falling on the 25th.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default For the first time :)

Bring them out boys

Old 09-21-2011, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

What's really "Hood Gents". It's only been two months and i'm already missing my homies. Whats going on with F1? Is it still alive in the DMV? Mr.Jamie Hanson told me he has the New Tamiya F104X1. OMG!!! Don't hurt them too bad Jamie.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Its been too quiet.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:38 AM
Tech Champion

Yes it has. For me VTA has overshadowed my F109 build. I am wondering about the 3Racing F1 with IRS it should be about ready for release. Havent heard anything about it in a while. I guess Im just in the mood to buy something new. Maybe I will get a clubracer.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

I m ready for it too. Im the opposite, my F1 is taking over from my VTA. I race the VTA more, but I tinker with the F109 alot more. VTA hangs on the wall all week between races. 2nd F109 coming this weekend possibly. Will have F104 front end on it to try.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by texastc
I m ready for it too. Im the opposite, my F1 is taking over from my VTA. I race the VTA more, but I tinker with the F109 alot more. VTA hangs on the wall all week between races. 2nd F109 coming this weekend possibly. Will have F104 front end on it to try.
I too like VTA. Their are alot of new trick bodies out there but for me the challenge of 2wd F1 shiver me timbers.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL
I too like VTA. Their are alot of new trick bodies out there but for me the challenge of 2wd F1 shiver me timbers.
Hey Todd, what's up man?
Pretty fun last weekend huh? Lookin forward to the next 1.

Now, about VTA, still can't figure out why it can't get goin here in So Cal.
We're a bunch of musclecar heads here but all we can get is Import car RC racing crap.
Oh no he just dit int.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Need support Mini Z - F1 class Re-starting at Kyosho America Track

Hey guys,

This Saturday we asked Kyosho to open the Mini Z F1 Class for their fall classic race to be held this coming Saturday 3rd and they have agreed. We have four cars confirm, but still need at least two to make the minimum six required.

If you have not experience running your Mini Z F1 at Kyosho this is a great chance to do so, plus you will be supporting the F1/ Mini Z scale efforts to be alive and racing again in southern California.

I support anything F1,we hope to meet you Saturday at Kyosho.

Cheers, Marcos

Click for race info.
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/R-241-Raceway-_c_15.html